Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Lucif3r said:
Hai.

I used this nifty program to mod my first Wii, a brand new black one with system menu 4.3e as standard.
I am delighted to say it worked perfectly
smile.gif
. Very easy to use, very straight forward. Thank you for this great tool!

you're very welcome!
biggrin.gif

One thing I noticed though, there doesnt seem to be a dedicated channel for WiiFlow bundled in it.
Might be something to add if you are like me and want to test all different loaders to find the one you like the best
smile.gif
. (not that it was hard to find on these forums though
smile.gif
)
the usbloader forwarder channel included with ModMii works for many many usbloaders and paths

SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.elf

so u can use that channel to load any of the above. But say if u have usbloader_cfg and wiiflow on your sd card but u want the channel to load wiiflow, well just rename the "usbloader_cfg" folder to "usbloader_cfg_off" or something. Or instead you can rename the "apps\wiiflow" folder to "apps\usbloader"

harry_merkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question about ModMii.

My PC has no SD card slot. If I use ModMii normally, except with a USB thumb drive instead of an SD card, and then I transfer those files to an SD card using another computer, will it still work fine?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
harry_merkin said:

My PC has no SD card slot. If I use ModMii normally, except with a USB thumb drive instead of an SD card, and then I transfer those files to an SD card using another computer, will it still work fine?
yup, that's fine
biggrin.gif

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey XFlak, great app thank you. Ive download and ran through seems easy enough to use
smile.gif

I had one question please. My wii is 4.2U and the last game i played was probably Goldeneye a while back. I would like to upgrade my wii as far as IOS go to bring it fully up to date, but stay on current system menu. Whats the best way to do this please? Do i choose all active IOS in ModMii and download them? Then i install those updated IOS as wads?

I use Wiiflow and know how to use Wad Manager 1.7, just wondered also if there a batch method of installing the WADS, or even better a wii app to do it online thru the wii.

tia

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
Press 1, choose Style, change your settings, choose System, and select Save Settings.

/facepalm /facepalm /facepalm >_<
Thanks! lol
The save option should be more obvious for blind people like me haha

XFlak said:
... so u can use that channel to load any of the above. But say if u have usbloader_cfg and wiiflow on your sd card but u want the channel to load wiiflow, well just rename the "usbloader_cfg" folder to "usbloader_cfg_off" or something. Or instead you can rename the "apps\wiiflow" folder to "apps\usbloader"

Yep, I know that. I ment a separate channel for the loaders, so you dont have to mess with folder renaming all the time
tongue.gif

By the way, can I trust this app to be kept up-to-date? Like if theres a new update needed (maybe for skyward sword or something, who knows), will the app be updated so it will be fast and easy for us to update?
smile.gif

QUOTE(harry_merkin @ Sep 10 2011, 07:42 PM)

Yes, I downloaded all files etc on my workstation, which doesnt have an SD reader, copied the content to a usb drive, plugged it into my laptop and copied the files to the SD card. Worked as expected - perfect
smile.gif

ChrisLuther

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KTroopA said:
Hey XFlak, great app thank you. Ive download and ran through seems easy enough to use
smile.gif

I had one question please. My wii is 4.2U and the last game i played was probably Goldeneye a while back. I would like to upgrade my wii as far as IOS go to bring it fully up to date, but stay on current system menu. Whats the best way to do this please? Do i choose all active IOS in ModMii and download them? Then i install those updated IOS as wads?

I use Wiiflow and know how to use Wad Manager 1.7, just wondered also if there a batch method of installing the WADS, or even better a wii app to do it online thru the wii.

tia

Ensure update ISO is enabled in options and run the wizard choosing 4.2 as both current and new firmare to be installed. I dont know if WM1.7 can batch install but Muilti Mod Manager does..

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I was aiming to be first post on page #300, but I failed. Either way, congrats XFlak.

To my good friend. Shit is changing soon. Shit is changin........ I've finally mastered the plan for myself. I know what I need to do.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys,

ModMii 4.7.1 crashes during the process regarding SNEEK installer. It's casual, it could crash at the first step, or when it's downloading the files.

No problems on other processes (eg. downloading cIOSes, other apps ecc...).

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.7.1 Released in Italian!

by XFlak[/color]]XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download French ModMii Installer Here

French version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

Download Italian ModMii Installer Here

Download Dutch ModMii Installer Here

Dutch version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

See first post for more info.

@Italian users, there is an update bug in the Italian version of ModMii v4.6.0 & v4.6.1, performing an update using these versions will update to the most recent English version of ModMii. However, the Italian ModMii Installer and Italian ModMii v4.5.7 are able to correctly update to Italian v4.7.1.

mhzainn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how are you XFlak and you guys I am new in this forum , i want to install modmii but i already install hackmii installer from the official website booted as IOS so that I am about to skip 1 or 2 steps from ModMiiGuide but when i read the ModMiiGuide "If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your homebrew channel is upside-down, make a note of it as it applies later in the guide (you will have to reinstall the HBC)."
i am using HBC 1.0.8 with IOS61 is that problem and if request IOS58 how do i make it IOS58

my wii specifications
wii 4.2U and (I have neogamma R8 b7 Ios249 Rev14 )

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
mhzainn said:
i am using HBC 1.0.8 with IOS61 is that problem and if request IOS58 how do i make it IOS58

It's not a problem but ios58 is recommended. You change that by installing ios58 and then reinstall hbc. I am sure if you follow the modmii guide you will go through those steps.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
mhzainn said:
how are you XFlak and you guys I am new in this forum , i want to install modmii but i already install hackmii installer from the official website booted as IOS so that I am about to skip 1 or 2 steps from ModMiiGuide but when i read the ModMiiGuide "If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your homebrew channel is upside-down, make a note of it as it applies later in the guide (you will have to reinstall the HBC)."

my wii specifications
It's not like skipping part of a guide isn't really really stupid.

PS: It is.

mhzainn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
mhzainn said:

my wii specifications
It's not like skipping part of a guide isn't really really stupid.

PS: It is.

what is up with you why are you so angry ?
blink.gif

I do, i started with the first step and second step either no use, only i want to make it 58 any other help ?
shy.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
follow your guide, it will tell u to install wads (including IOS58), do that

then it will tell u to reinstall the homebrew channel (if applicable), follow that part of the guide also

That is all that is required to update your HBC to run off of IOS58, but there are probably other things your guide instructs you to do in order to update other things as well (ie. latest d2x cIOSs are installed in the install wads step) so you should consider completing the entire guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."