• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Pharen88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there guys. I'm having a bit of trouble getting things working. My Wii is currently 4.1U softmodded, and I plan on keeping it as 4.1U, but I wanted to use Modmii to update my ios files. I went through Modmii and got the files in the COPY_TO_SD folder, and copied them onto my SD card, merging the folders that needed to be merged, and replacing the one file that needed replacing (boot.elf). When I put the card into my Wii and turned it on, I was taken to the bootmii menu and not the regular wii menu so I wasn't able to start the steps in the generated guide. Before I merged the files on my SD however, I made a backup of it's contents, so I have my SD card back to it's original state now. So my question is, what am I doing wrong? Was I not supposed to replace the boot.elf?

Also, I notice in the generated guide, it shows how to install the Homebrew channel as the first step, but since I already have it, do I just ignore this section?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can skip the installation of the HBC; if all you want to do is update your IOS just copy over WAD folder with all the IOS that ModMii downloaded and install via Wad Manager. That's the same thing you will be doing in the guide that ModMii generated for you.

You can use MMM, WiiMod, YAWM to install these doesnt matter. Also provided in ModMii (exception=WiiMod) ModMii is the best tool.

Also if your want to permanently keep your softmod just install a custom system menu using WiiMod.
You will see a option called System Menu select it.
Select "yes" to both "set version" & "set required ios"
It will ask which IOS you want to install the system menu to (I choose IOS123 cause it's easy)
It will then ask you which version# do you want to set your IOS to (65535 is the highest and won't ever get updated by official or disc updates or any updates)
It will then install you a new system menu and you can do a quick update by wifi or disc to get the latest official IOS and you wont have to worry about losing your said system menu and soft mod.

I have a working Priiloader hash_hacks that JoostinOnline was kind enough to make for that that is compatible with this custom 4.1 system menu. Just drop me a pm.

ModMii is the best tool

Pharen88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ultimately, all I wanted to do was install cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6, but I believe it requires certain other ios files that I do not have. So I should just move all of the wad files that Modmii gave me into my wad folder on my SD card, and install them all?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.7.1 Released!

by XFlak[/color]]XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download French ModMii Installer Here

French version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

Download Italian ModMii Installer Here

Italian version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

Download Dutch ModMii Installer Here

Dutch version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

See first post for more info.

4.7.1 Changelog
  • Stopped converting ModMii.bat into an executable;
    this should prevent false-positive virus detections.
  • Changed ModMii's folder structure; everything is now organized in a "Support"
    folder. Additionally, ModMii's NAND builder now loads wads from "temp\wad"
    instead of "temp\install2sneek".
  • Added an option to build SNEEK and SNEEK+DI with SD access enabled.
    The default setting is disabled.
  • ModMii now uses writecdb.exe by scooby74029 to construct cdb.vff when building
    emulated NANDs. This reduces the amount of time it takes to boot an emulated
    NAND for the first time.
  • Added support to save\load multiple download queues.
  • Added support for the DarkWii Blue and DarkWii Orange System Menu themes.
  • Updated the "create custom.md5" feature in ModMii's Options page.
    Now all files are checksummed instead of just wad\dol\elf\app files.
    Custom.md5's are also updated with the current "Drive" setting.
    This is great for advanced users to debug things. For example, DeadlyFoez
    can now create a custom.md5 using "Copy_to_SD" as his "Drive" setting,
    then share it with Violator who has "C:" as his "Drive" setting. This will
    allow Violator to verify he has the exact same set of files as DeadlyFoez.
  • Instead of bundling Unfreezemii.bat with ModMii, users are instructed to type
    "Ctrl+C" then "N" then "Enter" when they encounter long periods of inactivity.
  • Fixed bug where URL Forwarders were not using the first 4 characters of the URL
    (ie. "www.hotmail.com" would load "hotmail.com"). Thanks to Winhacker for reporting this problem
  • Fixed bug where System Menu themes were not being installed to emulated NANDs.
  • Fixed bug causing the Dop-Mii download to fail.
  • Code clean-up and other minor changes.
  • ModMii, now popping more cherries than Hugh Hefner.

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Old8oy said:
Huge update! You sure this isn't 5.0 XFlak?Well, I said once before that once ModMii reaches v5.0 it will probably be the last ModMii update... and I can say for sure that v4.7.0 isn't the last ModMii update. I plan on supporting giantpune's mailbomb exploit when its released so that ModMii can build the exploit even without internet (unlike letterbomb). I also plan on adding support for a few more system menu themes (orange, pink {for the ladies}, etc.). And there are 2 other things I plan on doing that I'm not gonna mention, but 1 is sneek related and the other will shorten the # of steps in the ModMii Wizard guide. On top of that, if there are any other new scene developments I'll consider supporting them. I might also spend some time cleaning up the code some more... I think a lot of batch coders might want to study and learn from ModMii, so if I can clean up the code it would make their lives easier. On a side note, I've recruited another translator for ModMii, so give it awhile and ModMii should be supported in yet another language!

QUOTE(drvipej @ Aug 23 2011, 03:47 PM) Lastly, I have modded my wii over a year ago and it is still working fine on cIOS v17.
Wanting to got cIOS 249 with a base 56.
I have used ModMii to download cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6.wad

Is it just as simple as installing this?
if that's all u want to do, yes. However, if u have problems installing it, install IOS236 (download page 1), restart your wad manager, load IOS236, and try installing the d2x cIOS again.

um, it can't install dx2, so I use 236 Installer 5, that now asks for IOS36-64-v3551 which I am not sure where to find now.
Can anyone point me in the right direction if possible please?
Regards to ALL

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
use modmii or nus and download IOS36-64-v3551

I can't believe I could not see that
blink.gif
, of course, I was only looking at 'IOS36-64-v3608.wad'

Posts merged

QUOTE(cherries4u @ Sep 3 2011, 11:20 AM) ModMii crashes while downloading cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6.

Is it only my problem?

I just used it 10min ago, all fine

Tachyon1986

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Just used ModMii , wow..what an application! I managed to rehack my Wii flawlessly and the Photo Channel is now working fine. My compliments , I'd send cash via Paypal if my Paypal account wasn't blocked
tongue.gif

Btw , is it recommended to stay at firmware 4.1U ? There aren't any games that require 4.2U/4.3U I hope?

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tachyon1986 said:
Just used ModMii , wow..what an application! I managed to rehack my Wii flawlessly and the Photo Channel is now working fine. My compliments , I'd send cash via Paypal if my Paypal account wasn't blocked
tongue.gif

Btw , is it recommended to stay at firmware 4.1U ? There aren't any games that require 4.2U/4.3U I hope?

you can stay at firmware 4.1U , latest games are require latest cios (d2x)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Tachyon1986 said:
tongue.gif

Games aren't System Menu dependent. With ModMii's setup you can play all your games from the disc channel and through USB loader.

And yes, 4.1 is the optimal menu if you want homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...