Country
Portugal
So thanks and continue the great job
yaywii.gif

roosterben

Trophies
XP
Country
I have softmodded (using ModMII) a friend WII which was imported from US into Australia.

Firmware is 4.2U softmod was successfull. However when testing some PAL games originals from disc I encontered some problems. Endless Oceans 2 has flashing black screens between cut scenes and Aragorn's Quest fails to load with a black screen.

Since my friend will be buying/renting PAL games I don't think newer games will not work.

How can I use ModMII to change the region to PAL? Can I just answer the ModMII wizard questions and choose 4.2E (instead of the 4.2U which is the current firmware)?

Bye the way awesome program I have modded 2 WIIs one running 4.1E and the above running 4.2U. Keep up the good work.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
roosterben said:
I have softmodded (using ModMII) a friend WII which was imported from US into Australia.

Firmware is 4.2U softmod was successfull. However when testing some PAL games originals from disc I encontered some problems. Endless Oceans 2 has flashing black screens between cut scenes and Aragorn's Quest fails to load with a black screen.

Since my friend will be buying/renting PAL games I don't think newer games will not work.

How can I use ModMII to change the region to PAL? Can I just answer the ModMII wizard questions and choose 4.2E (instead of the 4.2U which is the current firmware)?

Bye the way awesome program I have modded 2 WIIs one running 4.1E and the above running 4.2U. Keep up the good work.
EDIT: oops... I guess I should do more research before making assumptions, I was completely wrong in this case. Sorry.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no, that will not work fine, that is not how to region change properly, do not do that!!

edit:
Instead of region changing, you can just launch original discs of any region using neogamma or a usb-loader.

If u insist on region changing, I posted in this thread explaining how, maybe 10 pages back or something. There are 2 ways, using Any Region Changer QK mod, or Wii Mod. In either case, be sure to research it thoroughly because u can brick easily by trying to region change solely using a wad manager (which is basically what modmii would have u do if u decided to use it improperly as instructed above)

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
XFlak said:
QUOTE said:
Can u add more wii themes, besides the darkwii?
I could, but I probably wont. It was a lot of work just testing all the DarkWiiRed themes that ModMii currently supports... I mean, supporting just one theme means I need to test 4*3*2=24 files (4 regions * 3 firmwares * 1 csm file & 1 themed system menu wad). So I had to work closely with diddy and use sneek emulated nands to test out the themes for non-US wii's. And there were a lot of problems with the themes, but eventually with my testing and diddy's revisions we figured it out.

If I ever support another theme, I'll likely only do so if another person (or persons) is able to help test the 24 files. And even then, if we find problems, we would need the help of the themes' author to make any necessary changes.

And is it safe to use/install sneek??
extremely safe
Hey XFlak, this post of yours reminded me to tell you (although you probably already know) that the dark theme included with modmii has AT LEAST 1 issue that I'm aware of. Have you tried changing languages on your wii with this theme installed?
Regards.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Sorry, but I will try to ask this again...

petspeed said:
Hi XFlak

ModMii just keep getting better and better, now it solves the controller lag problem a lot of people were having. Thanks for your great work.

I have a request. Most of the time I am behind a proxy server and that makes it impossible for me to use ModMii to download anything. It would be very cool if you can use the proxy settings from IE in ModMii so I can use it all the time. Maybe put it as an option to enable/disable the proxy feature. Hope you will consider it. Thanks.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@sideskroll,
I haven't tried changing the language settings. Please report any bugs you find in the themes here:
http://gbatemp.net/t260327-wii-theme-team-creations

And when/if diddy releases fixes to the problems, I'll update ModMii with the fixes

@petspeed,
I don't know if I am able to do that. Firstly, when you are behind your proxy, can you tell me if you are able to download IOSs using ModMii? How about homebrew apps? The reason I ask is cuz I want to determine which supporting app is having issues (wget or nusd or both). If there is a problem grabbing IOSs, there's probably nothing I can do about that until a replacement cmd line nus downloader comes along. If there is a problem downloading homebrew apps using wget, I may be able to find a solution if I spent enough time searching the net, lol.

@everyone,
The scene needs your help! Another exploit is being worked on (more info here), but the developer needs some help!
If you have a JAP copy of Lego Star Wars or a new PAL copy of the Lego Star Wars game (apparently there is a 1.01 PAL version which is newer than the original copy released in 2007) please contact giantpune so you can help get this exploit supported for everyone (and of course it will eventually be supported by ModMii)!

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
XFlak said:
[@petspeed,
I don't know if I am able to do that. Firstly, when you are behind your proxy, can you tell me if you are able to download IOSs using ModMii? How about homebrew apps? The reason I ask is cuz I want to determine which supporting app is having issues (wget or nusd or both). If there is a problem grabbing IOSs, there's probably nothing I can do about that until a replacement cmd line nus downloader comes along. If there is a problem downloading homebrew apps using wget, I may be able to find a solution if I spent enough time searching the net, lol.

Thank you XFlak. The problem is with wget. Just tested updating ModMii when the program starts and downloading Bathaxx. Both fail because of the proxy. Nusd works fine when downloading IOS56v5662. Hope you will be able to solve it at some point.

Thank you for your hard work and dedication.

Petspeed

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:
@everyone,
The scene needs your help! Another exploit is being worked on (more info here), but the developer needs some help!
If you have a JAP copy of Lego Star Wars or a new PAL copy of the Lego Star Wars game (apparently there is a 1.01 PAL version which is newer than the original copy released in 2007) please contact giantpune so you can help get this exploit supported for everyone (and of course it will eventually be supported by ModMii)!
Too late: http://hackmii.com/2011/02/return-of-the-jodi/

MWisBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DOP-Mii is at v13 in your app. It should be updated to v15 which can be found on their GoogleCode page. Maybe include the WiiBrew Edition as a separate download too?

Also Wanin's cIOS v21 Installer should be added to your downloads page. Also IIRC the meta.xml has v20 as the version and is mentioned in the description. Maybe you could fix that? It's pretty simple...

EDIT: Gosh I'm so sorry! I forgot to mention how I love being able to change up the cIOSes slots with just typing 3 numbers! Thanks so much!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MWisBest said:
DOP-Mii is at v13 in your app. It should be updated to v15 which can be found on their GoogleCode page. Maybe include the WiiBrew Edition as a separate download too?

Also Wanin's cIOS v21 Installer should be added to your downloads page. Also IIRC the meta.xml has v20 as the version and is mentioned in the description. Maybe you could fix that? It's pretty simple...

EDIT: Gosh I'm so sorry! I forgot to mention how I love being able to change up the cIOSes slots with just typing 3 numbers! Thanks so much!

DUDE! You need to update! Everything you mention is there in the latest version.

shinyazz52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey , i softmodded my wii about 18 months ago all is fine ( bootmii boot2, priiloader , cfg loader )but i want to update my softmods using modmii. i know you still answer yes when asked if wii is a virgin, here is my question , do i run through all the steps in the guide or do i just skip to the installation of the wads and then update my usb loader on my hard drive . thanks

dodge123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah............

1) INSTALLING THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (HBC) AND BOOTMII
=================================================

Run BannerBomb v1 by going to Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card and choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
Note: If it doesn't work for you, visit http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/ for more variations of either version of bannerbomb.

At this point my console says "The device inserted in the SD Card Slot cant be used"

any ideas/workarounds? its a 4gb standard sd card....

running 3.2E with previous softmods

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@shinyazz52, go through all the steps of the guide, but instead of using an exploit to launch the hackmii installer, u can just run your older version of the HBC and use it to load the latest hackmii installer.

@dodge123, plz post your question in one place and wait before posting it again elsewhere, FIX94 answered your question in your other thread.

Cheers.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
me? no
others? definitely, but those capable don't give a shit, and it would be a fair amount of work to do everything modmii does anyways, regardless of how sophisticating the programming involved, modmii does a lot.

also, ppl have managed to get modmii working on mac through vmware and i think even linux using wine

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
XFlak said:
me? no
others? definitely, but those capable don't give a shit, and it would be a fair amount of work to do everything modmii does anyways, regardless of how sophisticating the programming involved, modmii does a lot.

also, ppl have managed to get modmii working on mac through vmware and i think even linux using wine
I used ModMii on a MacOSX iMac booting windows xp on VMware Fusion... no problems....
By the way, I saw that v2 of cIOSX rev21 d2x has been released here...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce +1