XP
Country
United States
I'm in the HackMii Installer and it's showing:
The test results are in:
Using IOS versions: Installer: 58, HBC 58
The Homebrew channel: Can be installed
BootMii: Can only be installed as IOS
The installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install (-2)

I'm following the instructions per ModMii and was not able to install BootMii to boot2 so I followed the instructions for HackMii and got the same results. Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm running a 3.2U with the old Twilight hack so I have been out of the scene for a while.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you have an older console released w/in the first year or two, o.k. you should be able to install it to boot2 but like it says it can only be installed as an IOS, basicly you can't install something which your wii dont support but if you have an older console you should be able to.... Trust the force "deelonger", trust the force... for he will guide you to your room.....

QuickSilver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 4.2U wii is previously softmodded with pimp my wii with priiloader and USB loader GX installed, with the USB HD partitioned into FAT32 and WBFS.
I would like to re-softmod it, my goal is to have both wiiflow and configurable USB loader installed (I guess USB loader GX is no longer being developed?).
My question is, should I do steps W and U separately, that is, download, copy to SD, install, download, copy to SD, install, or can I do steps W and U concurrent, that is, download, download, copy to SD, and install? Thanks for your help in advance and merry X'mas!

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QuickSilver said:
My 4.2U wii is previously softmodded with pimp my wii with priiloader and USB loader GX installed, with the USB HD partitioned into FAT32 and WBFS.
I would like to re-softmod it, my goal is to have both wiiflow and configurable USB loader installed (I guess USB loader GX is no longer being developed?).
My question is, should I do steps W and U separately, that is, download, copy to SD, install, download, copy to SD, install, or can I do steps W and U concurrent, that is, download, download, copy to SD, and install? Thanks for your help in advance and merry X'mas!

You can do both, then copy to SD, then start installing. Just do the W steps first.

USB Loader GX (USB Loader GUI) is still being developed and worked on. USB Loader CFG is known to have the highest compatibility, so that's what I stick to.

Remember, if you're "re-modding", still tell ModMii your Wii is virgin, and just skip the steps up through installing the HomeBrew Channel.

QuickSilver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got it, thanks!
bow.gif

deelonger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply Kylster. I guess I'm one of the lucky one's with he newer boot1 Wii and will have to install BootMii as IOS instead of boot2.

sphinx.djc

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ModMii is a God send... I think everyone out there who is very familiar with hacking the Wii should be referring newbs such as myself to ModMii. I found the guides a bit confusing, I was using 3 and found that they had variations in how to hack which didn't help at all.

I've just finished using ModMii and had all the files downloaded onto my SD card. I'd like to know if there is any thing I should double check before I go ahead and hack the Wii. Also, after I've hacked the Wii, what more do I need to do if all I want is to just play games from a hard drive?

And XFlak, THANK YOU for ModMii
biggrin.gif
This has truly made my Christmas.

Endless88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a question on the steps for modding a 4.3. When Im going through the steps in the wizard I initially choose 4.3 as my system menu, but when it come to asking me what to downgrade to late its recommends 4.3. At this point do I need to choose 4.2 or leave it at 4.3 ?

daymond

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
daymond said:
Hi again anyone know how can my usb loaders recognize my hdd with .iso files. They only recognize .wbfs files.
Thanks
you are putting them in the same folder you put the .wbfs files in? (should be a folder called "wbfs" on the root of the drive). Are they named the same way the .wbfs files were?(using the Game ID)
What loader are you using?

Hi Thanks
Im using the usb program came with the modmii, it extracts to the wbfs folder with gameid so it looks ok. When i choose to extract as wbfs no problem but if i choose extract as .iso usb loaders cat see them .Also my loaders only see my hdd if they are ntfs formated. Im using the usb guide from modmii. Anyway ntfs is better so no big deal.
But i ve another problem with internet connection i can open the webbrowser with no problem watch youtub etc. but if i dont do any action for 30 seconds it disconnects with a message your network not working contact your administrator 1 secs later it says you ve a working connection. never used internet before softmod so i dont know if it happned after softmod. Tried to play online games it stucks at connecting server.

Paranormal

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm on 4.1E - installation worked fine (Wii wasn't used for half a year so ModMii is a very great way to update the whole system
smile.gif
) so I was hoping I could play Monster Hunter Tri crashfree - but when I click on "hunt report" the game freezes.... like it did half a year ago...
I'm playing the game [PAL] as .wbfs file with WiiFlow - cIos 223 using a NTFS formatted external. So does ModMii using a cIos with wrong Base-IOS "cIOS223[37-38]-v4", "cIOS249[56]-v20.wad" and so on or how can I fix this?...

Explicite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I used this to mod my Wii. I've run into a couple of problems though.

I followed the guide and selected to format my hard drive into a FAT32 (30GB) and NTFS (400GB) partition. I have the USB Loader channel on my Wii. When I boot it up, it always says something along the lines of could not detect any games on this partition, so I have to go to one of the WiiFlow settings and select the NTFS drive so the games will get detected. How do I get it to remember to just check the NTFS partition for games, instead of default to the FAT32 partition which has the WiiFlow loader, game covers, etc.

Another problem, is WiiFlow doesn't seem to save any of my settings. I had set it to require parental lock password, but each time WiiFlow gets rebooted, everything just revets to default. I'm guessing this could also be the reason that it keeps defaulting to the FAT32 parition for checking games, since it isn't saving my choice of NTFS. How do I go about fixing this? I belive I'm using the latest WiiFlow version that ModMii downloads.

I have tried setting the active partition to the FAT32 partition, as well as the NTFS partition, still can't seem to save settings.

delvis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hallo and thx for this but....

at hacking 4.3 it say`s A copy of LEGO Indiana Jones ...but don`t i need the original game ??

winny.uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to successfully update:-

a white wii from 3.4E to 4.1E with all the xmas trimmings.
a white wii with 4.3E (damned online updates, thank god for Lego Indiana Jones!)
a black wii with 4.3E

All working perfectly, so no more scratched disks and totally kid-friendly!

Thank you Xflak and everyone that contributed to this work
smile.gif

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
delvis said:
davebaol said:
Or you can use a backup if you have a modchip inside your wii.
there is no modchip that supports all wii LEH numbers ????
Yes of course, the modchips below work for every wii:
- wiikey fusion (sd card)
- flatmii fusion (microsd card)
- wode jukebox (sd card and usb)

also all of them support dvd backup if your wii drive is not a d3-2 or d4

auriga1000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
running 4.4.4 on an xp machine. followed wiz exactly and at download screen , error on download for every file, "file missing" message.
what is going on?
i have hacked my wii before without any hassle. this one is my friends.

actual windows message is "application failed to initialise properly(0xc0000135). click ok to terminate"

modmii window show file missing message.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee