• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So with this new Hackmii 0.7 installer, if one has a never before softmodded 4.3 Wii, do you still have to install the Korean IOS in order to run the Trucha Bug Restorer?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Dent said:
So with this new Hackmii 0.7 installer, if one has a never before softmodded 4.3 Wii, do you still have to install the Korean IOS in order to run the Trucha Bug Restorer?
yes, afaik for now that is the case
Raiser said:
QUOTE(XFlak @ Jul 26 2010, 08:13 PM) the only things u can't redownload that you MUST save is your bootmii folder and nand.bin and keys.bin

but you may want to save your apps folder, or pc apps that come with the usb-loader set-up guide (ie. wiibackupmanager, fat32formatter)

rename the private folder if u ever need to use an exploit again, but u shouldn't need them, as u have HBC + forwarder channels installed
I can delete all the WAD files after the mod procedure correct? The ones in SD root AND the \WAD folder?

And what's the 00000001 folder? o.o
yes, and the 00000001 folder is useful for official cios installers, which aren't used by the guides, but some people find them useful

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dent said:
Thanks for the quick reply. This new Hackmii also means you can stay on system menu 4.3 as opposed to downgrading to 4.2, correct?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Dent said:
Dent said:
Thanks for the quick reply. This new Hackmii also means you can stay on system menu 4.3 as opposed to downgrading to 4.2, correct?
yes and no

yes, u can install the new HBC and stay on 4.3
but you could have always done that as long as u installed a SM hack to disable the deletion of the old HBCs BEFORE loading the System Menu

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed 0.7 today. I wasn't sure if this meant Priiloader got wiped, so I tried to reinstall it. I didn't have IOS61 with the DS_VERIFY (I think) patch so I tried using 249 with the same result. When you create the WADS for the CIOS 249, do you patch them? I don't remember if I installed from Wan's installer your your WADs, but if you patch 249, I'll just reinstall CIOS 19 from your WAD file to fix the problem. I'm assuming it's a bad idea to patch IOS 61 (upside down HBC?)

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
1) installing the new HBC doesn't wipe priiloader
2) IOS61 has nothing to do with priiloader, u are thinking of IOS36
3) yes, all NUSAD cIOSs are patched just like the original cIOSs (including 249)
4) correct, it is a bad idea to patch IOS61

-to (re)install priiloader, install a patched IOS36 and install priiloader using "+", or install a cIOS249 with base 38 then install priiloader by holding "B" then pressing "+"

edit: launch priiloader via MMM's app launcher, but before launching it, load the IOS in MMM that u want to use to install priiloader (ie. 36 or 236)

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
1) installing the new HBC doesn't wipe priiloader
2) IOS61 has nothing to do with priiloader, u are thinking of IOS36
3) yes, all NUSAD cIOSs are patched just like the original cIOSs (including 249)
4) correct, it is a bad idea to patch IOS61

-to (re)install priiloader, install a patched IOS36 and install priiloader using "+", or install a cIOS249 with base 38 then install priiloader by holding "B" then pressing "+"

1) That's good.

2) That's what I thought, but look at this:

It's talking about IOS 61, not 36.

3) Considering I got the same error when using CIOS249, I'll assume I used Wan's installer.
4) Yep.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can still download 4.3 with NUSAD using the user defined advanced custom download, just need to know the number of system menu (i.e. 513 for 4.3U). That's how I got it as well as IOS 80

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
NReale3370 said:
You can still download 4.3 with NUSAD using the user defined advanced custom download, just need to know the number of system menu (i.e. 513 for 4.3U).
True

That's how I got it as well as IOS 80
IOS80 is already supported in the batch download page (a non-fakesigned version is available in the archived downloads page). The advanced custom download feature will still work, but its just easier from the batch page.
biggrin.gif

but there are some changes to the guide itself that need to be made to support 4.3 and the new HBC (basically it will install the HBC & bootmii before a installing a cIOS). So unless you (generic "you", not referring to any1 in particular) are an advanced user, its probably best to leave the advanced custom download feature alone, and just wait for the next update

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
When i run the program, it tells me i should downgrade my Wii to 4.2, but someone told me that downgrading could be dangerous, im i wrong?

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrimzonEyed said:
When i run the program, it tells me i should downgrade my Wii to 4.2, but someone told me that downgrading could be dangerous, im i wrong?
Downgrading should be fine as long as you have the right IOS installed for the system menu version (80 for 4.3, 70 for 4.2, etc.)

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
its only dangerous to downgrade below 4.0 if u have a newer wii. However, any wii can use the nusad download wizard to downgrade as low as 3.2 safely because I've designed it to install IOS60 (4.0/4.1 SM IOS) to slot 30 (slot for 3.2 SM IOS)

so generally speaking, its dangerous to downgrade new wii's to SMs below 4.0, but if u do it using NUSAD's download wizard, it is safe. But there is practically no risk in downgrading any wii to 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2

edit: of course, whenever u install a new SM, u have to make sure u have the SM IOS for that SM installed before hand (but apps like MMM, YAWMM, Dop-Mii wont let u install a SM if its SM IOS isn't first installed). But of course, NUSAD's download wizard does all that for u

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
does this program download the Hackmii version 0.7 btw?

EDIT: sorry for all noobish questions, but for my 4 years here on gbatemp i have not post more than maybe 10 post in wii forums and read about maybe 40 topics in total xD

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
XFlak said:
Just a general note, hackmii installer v0.7 has been released

when NUSAD attempts to download hackmii v0.6, it is actually downloading v0.7, it will say it failed the check, but its really okay

I'll be working on an update for NUSAD, but in the meantime, the current guides will have to suffice (only the guides on modding 4.3 wii's will change substantially-- to install bootmii and the HBC before doing much of anything else)

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm running the download now with the following settings:
NUS Auto Downloader 4.1.8 Custom Guide
Generated on 2010-07-29 - 2:54:53,22
Check for updates at tinyurl.com/nusauto

This Guide was generated using the following parameters:

* Wii is currently a virgin (un-modified)
* Current firmware is 4.3E
* Desired firmware is 4.2E

* Download Photo Channel
* Download Internet Channel
* Download Weather Channel
* Download News Channel
* Download Mii Channel
* Download Shopping Channel (and IOS61)
* Download Wii Speak Channel

* Download Extra Brick Protection

if i put this on a sd card and then follow the install guide it is safe to install this on my black Wii that will arrive next week=?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yeah it will work

but a much easier 4.3 modding guide is in the works (basically use the first exploit in the guide to launch the hackmii installer v0.7 instead of loadmii, and do the HBC Channel install and nand backup steps first

edit: no promises, but check here for an update once u get your new Wii

tlsyim

Trophies
XP
Country
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH XFlak!!!!!!! I am a guy, but I would hug and kiss you if I could.

My wii was updated by my nephew. Wii was in English and he's Japanese. He put in a disc and updated it like the disc asked (can't get upset at him because it's in a language he doesn't know). Updated to 4.3u.

He has this before and updated it to 4.2u but there was bannerbomb so I still had homebrew to play out of region games.

NOW, thanks to your informative tutorial, awesome program I got it back to 4.1u so I can still play out of region games WITHOUT homebrew!

To those who are using this out there!

SIMPLE
EASY TO USE!

THANK YOU!!!!! HUGS! KISSES and all that other gay stuff that would make you cringe but know that I appreciate the work you've done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning