Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3.4u for my console. Is there a certain way the sd card needs to be set to work? I use a 32gb micro sd to sd card

Yes on that firmware you'll need a 2GB SD card to first mod it. A 2GB micro SD card in an SD reader will probably work as well.

Once modded and firmware is updated to 4.3 you can use any size card you want as long as it's formatted to FAT32 with 32k cluster size.

The lower firmware's can't understand the larger card sizes, but that was updated in the 4.2 & 4.3 firmware's. Not sure about 4.1 though.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
That's very odd. You successfully installed cios236 in the previous step? You using the same version of priiloader that comes with ModMii?

If so, then I'm not sure what the issue is and would suggest you carefully find another stable version of priiloader and use that installer instead and see if you have better results.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's very odd. You successfully installed cios236 in the previous step? You using the same version of priiloader that comes with ModMii?

If so, then I'm not sure what the issue is and would suggest you carefully find another stable version of priiloader and use that installer instead and see if you have better results.
Yes. so far all the steps have went smoothly for the softmodding.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I grabed priiloader 0.8.2 from the wiibrew site. Using the + button on the wiimote gave a could not find priiloader error. Launched the installer again this time hit A on my gc controller and it installed no problem.

BlumCoLe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
aaaaaaaaaand, it's gone ...damn, too late. :/

* 138 of 139 file(s) are Invalid, Missing or were Not Updated properly

Some mistakes on my side or is it actually down/offline?

//...today, I've downloaded queues successfully. Changing my IP incl. country via VPN is the solution for me. Strange

Last edited by BlumCoLe,

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello^^

I did an update with modmi yesterday, dropped the syscheck on modmi and installed the copytosd wads, no errors so far. Now the usbloadergx won´t boot backups from my usb hdd, (black error screen that says push eject and power off). Is this a common error?

Here is my syscheck
SysCheck v2.3.2 HacksDen Edition von JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, und Nano
...laeuft auf dem vIOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
Systemmenue 4.3E (v514)
Priiloader installiert
Laufwerksdatum: 13.02.2007
Homebrewkanal 1.1.2 benutzt IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Konsolen-ID: 57322248
Konsolentyp: Wii
Shop-Kanal-Land: Germany (78)
Boot2 v4
Es wurden 74 Titel gefunden.
Es wurden 49 IOS gefunden, von denen 5 funktionslos (Stub) sind.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS9 (rev 1034): Keine Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff
IOS12 (rev 526): Keine Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS17 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff
IOS21 (rev 1039): Keine Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): Keine Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): Keine Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff
IOS31 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): Keine Patches
IOS40 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff
IOS41 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): Keine Patches
IOS50 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff
IOS51 (rev 4864): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff
IOS53 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): Keine Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): Keine Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff
IOS61 (rev 5662): Keine Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): Keine Patches
IOS70 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff
IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS223[38+37] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Zugriff
IOS249[56] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65280): Funktionslos (Stub)
BC v6
MIOS v10
Bericht wurde am 01.02.2019 generiert.

usbloadergx use cios 249, usb 0 port (the one right to the edge).

Any suggestions for me? Regards^^

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you have a flashdrive, it's a common error.
if you have a HDD, it's not normal.

be sure your partition is FAT32, not exFAT.
of you are not dumping your own disc from the loader, add games using WiiBackupManager to be sure they are correctly remaned/placed on your drive.
disable emuNAND options.

that's all what I can thing right now. maybe more later.

So, IOS are still available on NUS?
good :) so d2x installer will continue to work.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: susi91

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you @Cyan :yaywii:
The error seems not modmi related, I disabled the emuNAND (saves/full) in usbloadergx as you suggested and the backups load fine. I´m on v3 r1263 (the version with 3rd party controller support), maybe I have to update the loader too.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you update to 1271, you won't have 3rd party classic controller support (I don't have the modded libogc in that version).

Did you really want to use emuNAND, or it was a mistake?

If you want to redirect savegames to SD, just use "partial" as emuNAND Save setting.
If you want to redirect more (Mii, settings, wiimote sync, etc.) then use "Full" but you need a full NAND Dump for that option to work.

If you want to use emuNAND, you should know that it's not working with all games.
Can you tell us which game you were playing?
So far, as Game disc (or wbfs) we know only about 2 games not compatible with EmuNAND save redirection : Zelda Skyward sword, and Metroid Prime 3.

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK, I see, Thanks @Cyan ^_^
I stick with the modded loader.

I´ve set up channel emuNAND (on my PAL Wii) with modmii years ago (sneek/usa firmware for use with US VC games) and dumped my NAND in usbloadergx for saves too. Did it set to full for no reason, wanted only the saves on sd, try partial setting next time.

I´ve played Donkey Kong C R which works fine with emuNAND saves full redirection. I only remember one (simpsons/wbfs) that don´t work. Maybe a conflict between the updated NAND and the old emuNAND dump, or maybe another wrong setting by me in usbloadergx config, don´t know. :unsure:

g12345567

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I´ve set up channel emuNAND (on my PAL Wii) with modmii years ago (sneek/usa firmware for use with US VC games) and dumped my NAND in usbloadergx for saves too. Did it set to full for no reason, wanted only the saves on sd, try partial setting next time.

I´ve played Donkey Kong C R which works fine with emuNAND saves full redirection. I only remember one (simpsons/wbfs) that don´t work. Maybe a conflict between the updated NAND and the old emuNAND dump, or maybe another wrong setting by me in usbloadergx config, don´t know. :unsure:

Emunand works ok but isn't region free. I tried PAL WiiWare games on my PAL console through the emulated nand using USB Loader GX but not many of the games would work. I ended up doing a Neek2o - Uneek+DI setup and using multiple Neek Nands to play WiiWare and Virtual Console games from different regions on my Wii using a USB HDD. Whilst also using the System Nand and USB Loader GX to play backup retail games.

I first tried to build a Uneek+DI nand using ModMii but could never get that to work properly. Ended up following this tutorial wihich uses WiiFlow as the USB loader and using there precompiled Uneek+DI builds which worked perfectly. I used two nand builds. One PAL and One NTSC to play PAL Virtual Console and NTSC WiiWare. This keeps the Nand size reasonable as it can crash if you install too many VC/WW games into a single Nand. Then switching between them. as needed once Neek2o is booted. Using this method I can now play all VC and 99% of WiiWare titles. Haven't played all WiiWare games but so far only come across 2 that won't play. Unlike using a Emunand where most VC & WiiWare won't load and was region locked.

Last edited by g12345567,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
IIRC, 3.4 does not support SDHC, you need 4.0+
@lone_wolf323 Just to remind you SD(H/X)C cards won't work on a Wii that's not 4.0 or higher, so 3.4 is too low for SD(H/X)C support.
Priiloader is not limited to SD (non HC). the installer is using IOS58+AHB (or other IOS with patches), not the IOS used by the system menu.
My wii has system menu 3.2E, and SDHC are working perfectly fine with homebrew.

the "system menu" is an application launched at console boot, or game exit.
the system menu has its own hardware driver (loaded by the IOS) and functions (defined by the SDK version developer used to compile it).
the console doesn't care what the system menu is compatible with or not.

system menu 4.0 added support for SDHC cards "while inside the system menu" (SD menu, savegame or channel manager).
it doesn't add support for SDHC globally, there's no firmware or OS running in the background to be used by homebrew, except the IOS.

homebrew are using libogc and/or IOS for compatibility with other devices, they don't care what your system menu version is.
I never launch the system menu, I have bootmii launching HBC right away and reading from SDHC at boot.

SDXC is not working on Wii, but works fine on vWii.
SD (non HC) was required on very old game exploit, because such games relied on old IOS (zelda uses IOS9) and SDK without SDHC communication. the exploit reused the game's functions to access the SD card, so it was limited to what the game could provide.

Last edited by Cyan,

thejaso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand works ok but isn't region free. I tried PAL WiiWare games on my PAL console through the emulated nand using USB Loader GX but not many of the games would work. I ended up doing a Neek2o - Uneek+DI setup and using multiple Neek Nands to play WiiWare and Virtual Console games from different regions on my Wii using a USB HDD. Whilst also using the System Nand and USB Loader GX to play backup retail games.

I first tried to build a Uneek+DI nand using ModMii but could never get that to work properly. Ended up following this tutorial wihich uses WiiFlow as the USB loader and using there precompiled Uneek+DI builds which worked perfectly. I used two nand builds. One PAL and One NTSC to play PAL Virtual Console and NTSC WiiWare. This keeps the Nand size reasonable as it can crash if you install too many VC/WW games into a single Nand. Then switching between them. as needed once Neek2o is booted. Using this method I can now play all VC and 99% of WiiWare titles. Haven't played all WiiWare games but so far only come across 2 that won't play. Unlike using a Emunand where most VC & WiiWare won't load and was region locked.
Thanks for this tutorial. After spending weeks trying to get uneek running this was the trick.

Reactions: scooby74029

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak - I've been a BIG fan of your work for years, thank you!!

I'm looking to add cIOS251[58]-dx2-v8-Final to my systems, but don't see this cIOS listed on the Download page 4 (classic ModMii) screen. The available cIOS stop at 250. Am I missing where to find it or is this something that can be added??

While there are other ways to add it, I was hoping to have ModMii just make me the WAD that I can conveniently add to any system without having to use the d2x cIOS Installer.

Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch