Hacking Best way to install all the newest exploits?

Kickbut101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS XL with sysnand 8.1.0-12U and emunand 9.9.0-26U. I have a gateway card and cubic ninja cartridge.
I see all these cool posts about rxTools, cakefw, FBI, and a bunch of other cool sounding things. I also saw an autoboot function that loads emunand right away when powering on.

1.) What is the best course of action to take to be able to have homebrew, gateway backups, and CIAs all in the most convenient way?
2.) Also, can I take the update for my emunand without causing any issues?

Thanks for looking

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was your EmuNAND formatted via Gateway, and are your SysNAND and EmuNAND unlinked?

Also, do you care about any internal saves you might have? Do you have the web browser and/or a DS mode flashcart that works on your 3DS?

Kickbut101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I used Gateway to make the EmuNAND. And I think my SysNAND and EmuNAND are linked, they are both logged into my account. I care about my legitimate saves on my cartridges or rather from my cartridges, but not from my backups. And I have the "Internet Browser" 1.7552 on sysnand and 1.7610 on emunand. I also have a DSTWO that works.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The autobooting requires menuhax, which requires 9.0 iirc. So to use it the first thing you need to do is update your sysnand to 9.0. The easiest way to do this is to find a game cart with 9.0 on it and update sysnand that way. Do NOT use a rom to do this. If you would rather have the full system firmware, including the appropriate network update, you will need to download the 9.0 update cia package from that iso site and use rxtools devmode (called pasta mode in the lasted builds) or miniPasta CFW to run sysupdater to install said cias. From there you can use ninjahax to access the HBL and install menuhax.

As for your emunand, assuming you have an O3DS, you can update to 10.3.0-28X with little to no issues. Since afaik it is still the most recent update, simply access system settings while in emunand and update via the internet. If you plan to use Gateway, make sure you have the latest launcher.dat file on your sd card and that your red card is fully up to date.

edit:

It is VERY important that you do NOT attempt to update your sysnand's system firmware while using ANY cfw other than rxTools in devmode or PastaCFW. If you try this with Gateway, Reinand, or with rxTools in rxMode you WILL brick your system.

Last edited by Aroth,

Kickbut101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the help aroth!
Okay so I got everything figured out and setup with 9.0 on my sysnand and 10.3 on emunand. and now I have two emunands the rx and gateway. Are they connected in any way? Like will installing something on one install it on the other?
And is there a way to autoboot into gateway mode/emunand from boot with menuhax or something?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the help aroth!
Okay so I got everything figured out and setup with 9.0 on my sysnand and 10.3 on emunand. and now I have two emunands the rx and gateway. Are they connected in any way? Like will installing something on one install it on the other?
And is there a way to autoboot into gateway mode/emunand from boot with menuhax or something?

Not sure what you mean about having two emunands. I know it is apparently possible to set up multiple emunands on one sd card, but that is a specialized set up for people that are doing very specific things.

Most people have a single emunand that is accessed by their cfw of choice. At the moment all modern CFW options (rxtools, cakes, reinand, gateway) are all compatible with each other as far as emunand goes. In fact all of the actual CFWs were designed with the intention of using the GW menu to set up the emunand in the first place.

Kickbut101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You did answer my question. I was just curious because I loaded rxtools and saw my emunand and within the options saw the RX10.3 version or whatever it is, but when I would load gateway the options would say like GW10.3. So it is the exact same emunand that it is referring to just different loaded firmware for it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)