Hacking best way to format a 1.5tb

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In my opinion, with which most people will disagree, use NTFS on the whole thing, alternatively 1Tb for backups in NTFS and the rest in FAT32 for homebrew, but in my opinion homebrew can easily fit on the SD card. Seriously, screw disc splitting of games that are larger then 4Gb, even if there isn't a whole lot of them. The only real advantage FAT32 has in my opinion is the capacity to boot homebrew from it.
So FAT32 does more stuff with no downsides, but you think NTFS is better? Lol.
Having to split discs is a downside to me, and a massive one considering the fact that Homebrew isn't massive in size and does not require such a large partition anyways just for that purpose, not to mention that as far as I know, SD access is quicker then HDD access. Not a lol matter, just my opinion.
Why is it a downside? There is no loss in performance or anything. Besides, there are almost no games that are over 4GB anyway. FAT32 is also more stable than NTFS on the Wii.
Perhaps I'm bias because I never had any issues with my NTFS drive whatsoever, and putting Smash Bros. and Metroid Prime Trilogy without splitting was the best argument NTFS could provide in its favour at the time. As I said, this is just my opinion. We should present both options and their up-sides :).
I still don't understand why you consider splitting files a downside. It doesn't make any difference.
Foxi's my name, purism is my game. I simply have a golden rule of leaving only the game partition on the drive and keeping it intact, don't ask me why, I really don't have a reason other than the splitting lol.

Reactions: 1 person

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Foxi's my name, purism is my game. I simply have a golden rule of leaving only the game partition on the drive and keeping it intact, don't ask me why, I really don't have a reason other them the splitting lol.
Well accept that you have an NTFS fetish and stop saying that it's beneficial in any way. :P

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Foxi's my name, purism is my game. I simply have a golden rule of leaving only the game partition on the drive and keeping it intact, don't ask me why, I really don't have a reason other them the splitting lol.
Well accept that you have an NTFS fetish and stop saying that it's beneficial in any way. :P
Beneficial because "no splitting is required", trololololo! :P

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Beneficial because "no splitting is required", trololololo! :P
Splitting is done automatically when you rip it or move it. I guess if you pirate your games and choose to move the entire ISO to your HDD (which is a huge waste of space) then not splitting would be okay.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank goodness there aren't any people on this thread trying to explain how HDDs need to be formatted as WBFS. FAT32 works just fine, and USB Loader GX rips games while keeping the limit

W.I.C.K.E.D.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I'm having an issue now. I formatted the drive to fat32, and all seems well. I just tried playing house of the dead overkill, and for some reason the cursor is lagging, or skipping across the screen. Any ideas?

Edit: It's doing it in the system menu too. Seems like if I move the controller from left to right or vice versa, somewhere in the middle it vanished for a half second then appears a little to the right or left respectively and keeps going.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I'm having an issue now. I formatted the drive to fat32, and all seems well. I just tried playing house of the dead overkill, and for some reason the cursor is lagging, or skipping across the screen. Any ideas?
I don't own that game so I don't know how it plays regularly (probably not that bad). What cIOS and loader are you using?

Did a google search, and it seems that game has lots of lag on it's own.

W.I.C.K.E.D.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cfg loader and I'll have to check the iOS right now.
I know it wasn't doing this with the 500gb hdd though. Maybe I shouldn't of formatted it to fat 32?

Edit: Says 249

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
cfg loader and I'll have to check the iOS right now.
I know it wasn't doing this with the 500gb hdd though. Maybe I shouldn't of formatted it to fat 32?
1) See my edit.
2) It could be related to the HDD itself.
3) If you really think NTFS will fix it, just add a 10GB NTFS partition and try playing the game from that.
4) What base is 249 using? Press 1 to pull up info.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
You should also know that NTFS is read only. That means it is impossible to rip a purchased, borrowed, or rented game to it. Of course, you could just rip it to another drive, connect both drives to your computer, and then copy it over to the NTFS drive.

highsteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should also know that NTFS is read only. That means it is impossible to rip a purchased, borrowed, or rented game to it. Of course, you could just rip it to another drive, connect both drives to your computer, and then copy it over to the NTFS drive.
Not true.

I have NTFS drive and I rip to it perfectly fine.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Put this in your usb-loader folder and double-click it.

highsteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't believe you really made a BAT file for that.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Can't believe you really made a BAT file for that.
I know it's ridiculously simple, but there was a guy who was failing at adding lines to his config.txt file, and I was extremely bored.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway