Hacking Best Way To "Accidentally" Break a DS Lite

Swip

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive got extra warranty where i can just exchange a broken ds for a brand new one for my dsl. So im wandering whats the best way to make the ds look like i accidentally broke it .

They'll exchange it even if its a simple broken hinge.

I want brand new screens + housing =)

QUOTE said:
The extended warranty will cover normal wear and tear and minor accidents only.

But i wont be "accidentally" damaging the ds for a while since its still in good condition.
Just getting ideas
biggrin.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
If he does that, and they found out he was opening his DS, he'll lose the warranty..(at last that's policy here where I live, if you need battery replacement, you have to go official people to do that for you)..

You could try forcing the hinge by continiously opening and closing your Nintendo..
Or you could try blowing the fuse (some flash carts seem to do that randomly), I believe you could do that on purpose, but I don't know how..
Maybe someone will know..

Dingler

Trophies
XP
Country
Open up the lid, all they way. Turn it facedown towards pavement fx, and release. Worked for me, one of the hinges broke off.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
@.::5pYd3r::. I know that, I meant that you need to go to certain people to get your battery replaced, if you open the battery cover, and they find out, you lose warranty..Shitty policy, but it's like that..

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I say start flashme then after 1 or 2 % just stop bridging the contacts and turn off the ds. If you're careful when unscrewing the battery cover there will be no way to tell you did it. There is no seal or sticker to break or any evidence that you opened it up. I think the chance of someone noticing you messed with a screw is very unlikely if you're careful.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whizz said:
Get the bricker and brick it. No need to open up your DS.

Please videotape yourself doing this, because it's going to be hella funny to watch if you have to attempt it a couple times and then we can laugh about you failing to fail.

methodone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you should be able to blow a fuse by bridging power & ground. this is actually pretty easy to fix for the repair center, so you'd be doing them a favor versus smashing it or something
tongue.gif

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ozzyzak said:
Isn't this whole discussion based on fraud? I mean hell, we don't allow linking to roms or rom sites but we openly talk about fraud...heh, learn something new every day eh?

Actually no. According to his statement "Ive got extra warranty where i can just exchange a broken ds for a brand new one" he's already paid for the right to get a broken one replaced. Thus, not fraud. I just think it's a bit odd he's too dim to think up a way to end up with a broken DS.

Just had it to a little sister, a clumsy friend at school, and presto, you can be assured it's going to get accidentally broken.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
ozzyzak said:
Isn't this whole discussion based on fraud? I mean hell, we don't allow linking to roms or rom sites but we openly talk about fraud...heh, learn something new every day eh?

Yes. You're expecting the idiots on here to have morals?

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jaxxster said:
yeh but still someones losing out on $100/£100 somewhere as opposed to him keeping his perfectly working ds. These waranty things are in place as a privaledge not a right.

Actually a warrantee is neither a privilege or a right.

A privilege is something extended to you for free. This forum is a privilege for example. It's free, but it can be taken from you at any time, and you have no right to complain.

A right is something you didn't need extended to you free or otherwise. It is for example your right to breath.

He bought that warrantee, it's a product, he paid for it, and it is his to enjoy. He owns it.

No one was robbed. No one was cheated. There was no manner of deception.

Now if he had bought the DS, and he broke it after getting it home, and he then claimed they sold him a broken one, and he wanted it replaced, THAT is fraud.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Senile discussion felt like we were having this type of conversation already