Hacking Best Way(s) to play classic games (nes snes n64 etc)

Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So basicaly i started to realize after playing with triiforce for less then an hour on my hdd it has some draw backs as to other possible methods of playing old games. (its a great tool it just needs more development)

so to play NES, SNES, N64, roms through an emulation channel
-can i play them off my hdd using a HBC app or a .WAD system channel?
-is there a better way?
-and can some one please point out the names of what i should be looking for or even better links to them.

thank you.

-i know there is a search fuction for a question like this but i dont know what is up to date nore what is the preferred methods currently.

(EDIT: Its very late 3am, PLEASE MOVE THIS TOPIC to emulation if you find it would be better there)

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To add:
There are VC injection tools if there is a game you want to play that isn't released officially on VC. Note that there may be some tweaks in the 'donor' VC wad since they don't always have the same emulation executable included in them. There are also homebrew emulators that you should look since they will give you less of a headache probably...

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
emulators for genesis, snes, nes and GBA work all flawlessly, just as well as their VC counter parts if not better due to more options.

if you need channels, I have some. check my sig.

the emulators themselves, go to wiibrew.org.

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
emulators for genesis, snes, nes and GBA work all flawlessly, just as well as their VC counter parts if not better due to more options.

Maybe its just me, but I've always preferred the real thing over an EMU. Sometimes things aren't 100% on emulations, from controls, to special coloring, to even the views. I guess its possible that somehow on the wii they run better then anywhere else that I've tried, but I doubt it.

I stick with the VC games that have officially been released.

Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
supagusti said:
Wiisel said:
skip all the VC rubbish and messing about and setup emulators for the older systems most support USB.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_emulators

Strongly agree with it ...Check out Tantric Emu's (NES,SNES and GBA).
They work fine from harddisk !

also agree, and am working on it, i bought this n64 snes nes and sega control adapter for wii and its great except some times the button mapping isnt perfect so i figured there may be some support in the emulators for remapping,
when i used to emulate snes with zsnes on pc was really nice having the super eagle graphic option that made all the pixel lines smooth and rounded, any one know if that would/is be implemented?

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another good way to play games via emulators is via disk. One dvd holds all the USA games for Nes, Snes, Genesis, Master System and Game Gear combined. A hard drive works too, but with the disc you can play classic games without running your external. Use IMG burn to make an iso image of all your classic games. Then burn and enjoy.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the GX emulators are the poo. As a fan of retro games, I can't tell you how valuable save states are on games like Mike Tyson's Punchout, which, normally, you can't even pause. This wasn't a problem when I was a kid with endless time at my disposal...not so much anymore.

impur1ty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reboot said:
TroyTheZombie said:

Maybe its just me, but I've always preferred the real thing over an EMU. Sometimes things aren't 100% on emulations, from controls, to special coloring, to even the views. I guess its possible that somehow on the wii they run better then anywhere else that I've tried, but I doubt it.

I stick with the VC games that have officially been released.

VC is just another emulator, but made by Nintendo or whoever. They are not 100% either. It's more a question of convenience and game availability.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
buy the old console and games there cheap enough

How cheap is it too buy 800 Snes games, 1500+Gen games, 1500+ Nes games, including rare games? My guess is that would cost well over $10000. Hard to justify when you can just download all games for free. Not to mention the hassle of storing all those cartridges and replacing games when they no longer work properly. Seems to me your a dumbass if you buy all the classic games. Save your money.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
that's the only way you don't need the full collection of cartridges.

are you ocd you just have the ones you like.

Out of all the rom's you have on the sd card or hard drive how many do you truthfully play on regularly if you cut it down to the games you play on a regular basis you don't have that many

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: they don't really taste like cotton candy but i guess they don't need to