Hacking Suggestion Best way Minimize/Reduce Online Ban? I have multiple CFWs.

shado9573

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hello All,
I plan on playing either XCI or NSP games OFFLINE.
REMEMBER I DO NOT PLAN ON GOING ONLINE MY SWITCH (but will go in the near future)
So I'm wondering the best way to minimize myself getting BANNED FROM ONLINE.
I have multiple CFWs (Kosmos/Atmosphere, SX OS, ReinX).
Assuming lets say every cfw supports any format for xci or nsp game installation.
I want to know what is a good way to reduce my chance of getting banned.
Since XCI's can be played from SX OS directly but it takes large space.
NSP's have that ticket problem which it can send to Nintendo.
But however things like EmuNAND or Sigpatches or Stealth Mode or Creport are available.
So Want to know the best way of reducing me from getting Banned.
To be able to play any nintendo switch game through any format.
Also want to know what are the best and safest installers if you guys suggest I should stick with NSP's.

chippy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Atm the only SAFE way not to be baned is having a backup before you did anything CFW related (boot/install/anything) and restoring that backup before going online as it will remove traces of anything you did but to boot that backup you need not to have burnt anymore fuses then it had at the backup

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Airplane mode is as safe as you can get. If you want to be "online" go with any dns solution you can find (90 dns, stealth mode,...)
Offline EmuNAND and clean NAND is probably the most used solution tho.

XCIs can be trimmed to take out about the same size as NSPs.

Tl:dr:
Do a clean backup and stay offline.
If you dont have a clean backup, rebuild your NAND once you are done with CFWs or to make a backup of the clean rebuild NAND to restore it later.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The only way is with an offline only emuNAND and keeping your sysNAND clean, unless you want to deal with restoring a clean NAND backup any time you want to go online.
It seems like people are having success with this setup and going online in sysNAND to play legit games and not getting banned. However that could change in a firmware update.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
The only way is with an offline only emuNAND and keeping your sysNAND clean, unless you want to deal with restoring a clean NAND backup any time you want to go online.
It seems like people are having success with this setup and going online in sysNAND to play legit games and not getting banned. However that could change in a firmware update.
Some people (me included) are having luck with online CFW but disabled telemetry cause GDPR and EU. I wouldn't call it safe, but it works for me.

shado9573

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
So I understand this All.
I have a CLEAN NAND Backup of 6.2.0. (plus keys)
My OFW is 6.2.0
But If i were to play any form on NSP. What would be my best bet. Install using which Installer?
Or Should I stick with XCI's?
I dont want any traces to be left. (sure i'll restore to my original CLEAN Nand)
but how about for the time being what is more better.
So i can use emunand and play XCIs on that.
Im a little confused on NSPs. Since they leave a ticket log and a mismatch results in getting flagged and eventually banned.
So about Nsps should i Install them on sysnand via a installer using CFW atmosphere or is it better to use it with SX OS?
or WITH EMUNAND.
YES, I UNDERSTAND ABOUT ALWAYS A CHANCE OF GETTING BANNED (which I am ready for anyways) but just to be on the safe side.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Some people (me included) are having luck with online CFW but disabled telemetry cause GDPR and EU. I wouldn't call it safe, but it works for me.
My region is set to NA though.
Will that help in an extra measure?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It seems like going online in CFW is a guaranteed ban, the only question is when, you might be banned in minutes, hours, or weeks depending on when the guy sitting at the ban station (imagine a gaming battlestation but with lots of screens showing the usernames of all the people that are flagged with a live update) decides it's your turn (yeah, I'm pretty sure all the bans are manual)
My OFW is 6.2.0
But If i were to play any form on NSP. What would be my best bet. Install using which Installer?
I dont want any traces to be left. (sure i'll restore to my original CLEAN Nand)
Im a little confused on NSPs. Since they leave a ticket log and a mismatch results in getting flagged and eventually banned.
So about Nsps should i Install them on sysnand via a installer using CFW atmosphere or is it better to use it with SX OS?
or WITH EMUNAND.
YES, I UNDERSTAND ABOUT ALWAYS A CHANCE OF GETTING BANNED (which I am ready for anyways) but just to be on the safe side.

There will always be traces, that's why a clean NAND that hasn't had CFW or homebrew ran on it is absolutely a requirement for online use. Unless you don't care if you get banned that is.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
My OFW is 6.2.0
or WITH EMUNAND.
Any installer.
Depends on you if you want XCIs or NSPs.
You can use EmuNAND, stay offline and do all the dirty stuff there and keep your SysNAND clean.

chippy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If your going to restore a clean nand for online later doesn't matter what you do now as the tickets for nsps are in the nand will be overwritten as well as saves and what not.
Use goldleaf for nsp install if you like

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
It seems like going online in CFW is a guaranteed ban, the only question is when, you might be banned in minutes, hours, or weeks depending on when the guy sitting at the ban station decides it's your turn (yeah, I'm pretty sure all the bans are manual)
But here we have a test group which is not banned.
And if so, it is talking them quite a long time as me and 4 my friends have done this (disable telemetry and then went online) as soon as it was possible and still nothing. But once again, I am not calling it safe.

Don't know if you can disable it if your Switch is not EU

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
But here we have a test group which is not banned.
And if so, it is talking them quite a long time as me and 4 my friends have done this (disable telemetry and then went online) as soon as it was possible and still nothing. But once again, I am not cabling it safe.
It seems like there have been less bans lately. I think maybe Nintendo are taking a break from bans so they can ban people in waves later on, so you never really know when you might get banned, in order to scare people.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
It seems like there have been less bans lately. I think maybe Nintendo are taking a break from bans so they can ban people in waves later on, so you never really know when you might get banned, in order to scare people.
Tbh, I was always online. Even before gdpr stuff. Idk, they just won't ban me (same goes for 3ds, as I was cheating online for few years and nothing) :D

shado9573

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
If your going to restore a clean nand for online later doesn't matter what you do now as the tickets for nsps are in the nand will be overwritten as well as saves and what not.
Use goldleaf for nsp install if you like
So I do anything on my Switch for now with getting all tickets etc do anything then just restore to original nand if i plan for online features?
Or just use emunand as a result whilst having restored my NAND to a full clean state?
that what you are saying?
and also use Goldleaf.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Tbh, I was always online. Even before gdpr stuff. Idk, they just won't ban me (same goes for 3ds, as I was cheating online for few years and nothing) :D
People have been banned within minutes of simply running CFW before so it's obvious they are able to detect it. They just don't seem to bother to ban everyone all the time, rather they ban a bunch of people to show they know what you're doing and they're willing to take action, then they take a break.

The same thing happened with the 3DS, everyone was afraid of getting banned and taking every step to avoid it, but now there haven't really been any bans on 3DS for ages, and people like me who never bothered to disable data sending, and had homebrew as their favorite title and ran CIA homebrew while online and did basically everything you're not supposed to do short of using online in leaked games (but still having internet enabled while playing said leaked games) never got banned.

Their goal seems not to be to prevent pirates from enjoying online but rather to scare a few away from pirating in the first place. It's certainly been effective as it's the reason I haven't hacked my Switch and the same goes for my cousin.
It makes sense though. Banning pirates from online doesn't make them money, if anything they lose money because you need to actually pay for Nintendo Switch Online.
If they can scare some away from pirating by handing out bans every now and then, it makes sense to spend time on having someone go through logs and hand out bans, but beyond that, it's not really gaining them anything. Until they can fully automate it in a way that won't have any false positives, it's costing them money on wages to have people go through logs for little gains.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So I do anything on my Switch for now with getting all tickets etc do anything then just restore to original nand if i plan for online features?
Or just use emunand as a result whilst having restored my NAND to a full clean state?
that what you are saying?
and also use Goldleaf.
If you are going to restore your NAND in the future, it does not matter what you do now (as long as you are offline).
If you are going with EmuNAND, do every dirty thing on EmuNAND.
Use any installer you want.

shado9573

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Ahh I understand about what @The Real Jdbye means. Thanks for the Info
And im Kinda a Bit Noobish at the switch for the moment.
Been a 3ds Hacker since basically the start but for the switch everything seems a little complicated for now
@Kubas_inko Oh okay helped me on what to do thanks anyways.
So I use Emunand and do everything on there.
Is atmosphere/Kosmos workable on Emunand?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Ahh I understand about what @The Real Jdbye means. Thanks for the Info
And im Kinda a Bit Noobish at the switch for the moment.
Been a 3ds Hacker since basically the start but for the switch everything seems a little complicated for now
@Kubas_inko Oh okay helped me on what to do thanks anyways.
So I use Emunand and do everything on there.
Is atmosphere/Kosmos workable on Emunand?
No. Only sx os has it as it is not a priority for anyone else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)