Toader

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, i recently got an ipod touch & i have a bunch of videos that i want to put in but they aren't converted to the iphone format. So i tried some video converters but they use way too much CPU. My computer shuts down at about half way. I've tried 3 different converters and its all the same problem. Can some one recommend a good,free converter that doesn't use too much CPU?

KDH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're not going to have much luck. Video conversion is by its very nature CPU intensive. You could try SUPER with mencoder or ffmpeg as as the backend, or try mencoder or ffmpeg on their own from the command line, but it's still going to use 100% CPU, causing your computer to shutdown.

You should probably make sure your CPU fan hasn't come loose and/or apply some new thermal paste.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I like Megui. I'd be more worried by the fact your computer is shutting down due to overheating. Look into getting adequate cooling, and that your cpu heatsink is seated correctly.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
KDH said:
You could try SUPER with mencoder or ffmpeg as as the backend, or try mencoder or ffmpeg on their own from the command line, but it's still going to use 100% CPU, causing your computer to shutdown.QUOTE(LelouchVII @ May 17 2010, 01:28 PM) I use Super. CONVERTS ANYTHING.
Same here

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
If you've got a 8000 series and up GeForce graphics card, try out Badaboom. (Pirate it) It uses your GPU to convert video much much faster.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I've always had conversion problems with SUPER. Must not include all the codecs or something. I dunno, maybe I'm just an idiot.

Any Video Converter has always worked well for me. It takes a bit of experimenting to get the settings decent for iPods, though, since there's no preset for it in the free version.

Toader

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys I tried Super© and worked like a charm!!! Still though, I just gotta face the fact that my computer is getting old!
ohnoes.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)