Gaming Best torrent program?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been a stout believer in not using torrents. I have no idea why, but I just have. However, games have been harder and harder to find that aren't torrents, so I may finally have to turn to this.

So, what is the best program for torrents? Torrent programs are freeware, so no warez here. I went to download BitTorrent and it tried to install 2 nasty viruses on my system (which my anti-virus quarantined immediately), so I just want something safe. What's the best option?

Also, no warez or torrent sites here. It's in the rules.

53l3c7a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahem.. slow? You must not have configured your ports in uTorrent. I have mine CAPPED at 800k/s, so on average I can grab 700mb in 15 min. Not slow. The best is kTorrent, but it only runs in KDE ;)

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
JDownloader + uTorrent = lurv
wub.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this is gonna come off being a noob question.

So I go to download an ISO for A Boy and His Blob with uTorrent. Unfortunately, my download speed for it is like, at most, 6-8kb/s. How do I make it faster? Is it the site (which I won't give away, but it's a very common one) or do I need to fiddle with settings? Mind you I've never used torrents in my life so I'm not as adept to this stuff as you guys.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guild McCommunist said:

So I go to download an ISO for A Boy and His Blob with uTorrent. Unfortunately, my download speed for it is like, at most, 6-8kb/s. How do I make it faster? Is it the site (which I won't give away, but it's a very common one) or do I need to fiddle with settings? Mind you I've never used torrents in my life so I'm not as adept to this stuff as you guys.

tried to open port or whatever doesnt works... and you see youre trackers maybe one is dead thatll stop youre download(or nearly)

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
53l3c7a said:
Ahem.. slow? You must not have configured your ports in uTorrent. I have mine CAPPED at 800k/s, so on average I can grab 700mb in 15 min. Not slow. The best is kTorrent, but it only runs in KDE
wink.gif
Indeed, both KTorrent and uTorrent are really good.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

Make sure there is a high seeder-leecher ratio. EG: if there's 1 seeder uploading at 60kb/s and 15 leechers, each will only get 4kb/s download speed. Therefore it's important to pick torrents with a lot of seeders.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Make sure there is a high seeder-leecher ratio. EG: if there's 1 seeder uploading at 60kb/s and 15 leechers, each will only get 4kb/s download speed. Therefore it's important to pick torrents with a lot of seeders.
You're forgetting that you leech from leechers as well, so you can still get a decent speed. But yes, it mostly depends on the seeder/leecher ratio. Try a private tracker, you'll regularly find 200:1 ratio torrents. Public trackers have always, and will always be slow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol