Hacking Best system files for R4i SDHC flashcarts (r4i-sdhc.com ones)?

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, I've basically been using the ones from the original website (r4i-sdhc.com), but it seems rather laggy and bloated. I heard about this thing called "YSmenu" menu, and "DSTT", and was wondering if they worked on my cart. If so, could anyone link me to a page where I can get those things, or a guide on how to set them up?

Thanks.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
glysegui said:
So, I've basically been using the ones from the original website (r4i-sdhc.com), but it seems rather laggy and bloated. I heard about this thing called "YSmenu" menu, and "DSTT", and was wondering if they worked on my cart. If so, could anyone link me to a page where I can get those things, or a guide on how to set them up?

Thanks.
Yasu (the maker if ysmenu doesn't like it when other people make their own links but he stopped making it anyways lol. http://www.r4wood.com/pages/Wood-R4-Kernel.html download r4ds ysmenu from here (cause they update it) and then put the files on your card. now we need a no auto dldi patch. download from here http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/uploads/c/cd/Dldino-apatch.zip and save it cuase you will need it when a new version comes out. now patch ysmenu.nds now every time your run ysmenu.nds it will go to ysmenu

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
There are no replacement kernels for the R4i-SDHC.com cards. You can use RGF multi cart update as a second boot but every other kernel fails except the official one.

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So who's right? lol... marioandluigi150 seems to have credible links, but buleste sounds more savvy...

Posts merged

So who's right? lol... marioandluigi150 seems to have credible links, but buleste sounds more savvy...

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also, the kernel I should download following the requirements on the site (with or without i mark, 1.4.1 or 1.4.2, etc.) is this one:
34qmvs6.png

For the record, some of the other kernels, even though not meeting the same aesthetic requirements as the cart I have, on the download page also seem to work on my cart for some reason.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
glysegui said:
Also, the kernel I should download following the requirements on the site (with or without i mark, 1.4.1 or 1.4.2, etc.) is this one:
34qmvs6.png

For the record, some of the other kernels, even though not meeting the same aesthetic requirements as the cart I have, on the download page also seem to work on my cart for some reason.
I'll be honest and I've never come across the kernel that Marioandluigi mentioned but it has the same numbering as RGF update so I assume it's some form of modified version of that if it manages to act as a kernel replacement. If it acts as a Dual boot then it's RGF's multicart update.

If your cart has R4i and 1.4, 1.4.1, 1.4.2 3DS on it then you download the one marked for R4i with 1.4, 1.4.1, 1.4.2 3DS.

If your cart is a R4 cart then you download the file that you pointed out (even though it is identical to the R4i 1.4 etc kernel).

If your cart is a R4i but does not have a gold star or 3DS then you have to download the 1.11c kernel (at time of writing) but you should really get a new cart as the kernel for those carts rarely gets updated.

EDIT: Just watched the youtube video for the YSMenu install and it is basically a dual boot i.e. you have to load the kernel form www.r4i-sdhc.com first and then run YSMenu/TTmenu which means the file on R4Wood.com is basically RGF multicart update and that the kernel from www.r4i-sdhc.com is the only kernel you can use properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up