Hacking Best slot 1 card around right now?

sylph

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I haven't paid much attention to cards lately and see there are new cards around (Edge, etc).

The last time I was involved in this sort of thing the R4 was the media darling. Is there a new king in town? I'm not concerned with GBA functionality, and download-play is nothing I use very often, but may be useful when my brother comes over.

Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
R4 is uber-outdated now.

The three best choices would be:

SuperCard DS One SDHC
EDGE
CycloDS

The EDGE is the cheapest, and works good. Then it comes SuperCard DS One, all the features, and it costs less than CycloDS. Then it comes CycloDS, the most expensive.

I would say go for a SuperCard DS One, has all the functions of the CycloDS (Real Time Save, 100% Compatibility, SDHC Support) and more (like In-Game Cheats and Guide) for less money.

CycloDS is a bit over-hyped, IMHO. SuperCard DS One is good and does everything it should do, even if the menu is a bit slow.

sylph

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the input. I'll definitely give it some thought.

I had been let down by Supercard in the past with their slot 2 offerings, but I was playing more GBA at that time than I do now. I remember when Cyclo came out all I'd really heard was regarding download play (as far as it being a better option than R4).

Any ideas where to get the Supercard DS One SDHC? I see gameyeeeah is out of stock. Actually never mind, I see them at realhotstuff....ooo and they have M3 CF on clearance, too. I miss that unit (mine went through the wash).
smile.gif

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sylph said:
Thanks for the input. I'll definitely give it some thought.

I had been let down by Supercard in the past with their slot 2 offerings, but I was playing more GBA at that time than I do now. I remember when Cyclo came out all I'd really heard was regarding download play (as far as it being a better option than R4).

Any ideas where to get the Supercard DS One SDHC? I see gameyeeeah is out of stock. Actually never mind, I see them at realhotstuff....ooo and they have M3 CF on clearance, too. I miss that unit (mine went through the wash).
smile.gif
I still use a SuperCard miniSD
wink.gif

Yeah, the old SuperCards were a bit weak on the GBA side, but on the DS side are great as always.

Download play works on a lot of flashcarts now, it even works on R4.

I remember the M3 CF... Huge
rofl2.gif

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
NextStep said:
are there any wii connectivity on the new cards? or is CycloDS still the only one that has it?
SuperCard DS One should support it if you disable Patching. But I'm not too sure about it.

As for the other cards, I don't know
laugh.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most carts support linking to the Wii with some games, though only a few work specifically with the Pokemon games. CycloDS works in this particular instance while the SCDS doesn't, though from my understanding both devices can do DS-Wii linkup in other games.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zhuzhuchina said:
M3 REAL , NICE SUPPORT TEAM . COST AVERAGE ! MANY OTHER FUNCTION OTHER THAN GAMES
If you can stand its terrible GUI, or want to put your faith in the unfinished Sakura loader.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Urza said:
zhuzhuchina said:
M3 REAL , NICE SUPPORT TEAM . COST AVERAGE ! MANY OTHER FUNCTION OTHER THAN GAMES
If you can stand its terrible GUI, or want to put your faith in the unfinished Sakura loader.
I agree the GUI is terrible ... not to mention they will leave it unfinished ... support is ... average ? ... I won't buy anything from them NEVERMORE since i started with a G6 lite ... not a bad slot 2 card at all ( it was expensive ) but even on their chinese site they cry for support now... the english site is not updated with the latest version so long ...

CycloDS evolution had a real support ... so far ;-)

xCuteBunnyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a CycloDS yesterday. Its still shipping, but it seems like a nice one to get. since I tend to research things before I buy an expensive item. But the supercard and edge seems nice.
Also, it would help if you read the reviews around the internet and look for my topic Flashcart for games,
it might help. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=40 also the EDGE is pretty hard to get right now.

mmalone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
for playing games and games only surely a budget one would be best to buy ??

had the r4 and read its outdated etc but plays every game ive thrown at it so far

only bought from volumerate or dx previously due to cost and was gonna order a ds firelink
again heard these are dated but whats the cheapest and msot reliable for games only ?

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
R4 is uber-outdated now.

The three best choices would be:

SuperCard DS One SDHC
EDGE
CycloDS

The EDGE is the cheapest, and works good. Then it comes SuperCard DS One, all the features, and it costs less than CycloDS. Then it comes CycloDS, the most expensive.

I would say go for a SuperCard DS One, has all the functions of the CycloDS (Real Time Save, 100% Compatibility, SDHC Support) and more (like In-Game Cheats and Guide) for less money.

CycloDS is a bit over-hyped, IMHO. SuperCard DS One is good and does everything it should do, even if the menu is a bit slow.
Actually, since my Evolution runs EVERYTHING that I have tried to date including dslinux and links/retawq (SCDS1 fails at this), I rate them:
Cyclo DS Evolution
SCDS1 SDHC (they've been having problems recently. The dreaded PSRAM error, so buy from a good retailer. I'd strongly advise against DX on this one)

Edge: According to Ozmodchips owner, apparently, the Edge is using an old hacked version of the Evolution firmware, have been upping their wholesale prices, and it sounds like he thinks that they won't really be in support for the long haul. He's now preferring the Acekard 2 as his low cost SDHC solution card. I'm inclined to believe that he's being honest here, based upon his comments over the last few months both here and on the official Cyclops forums.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Just for info...

The 'dreaded' psram error on scds1 is easily fixed, plus that batch seems to have dispersed now.

IMO opinion the SCDS1 is the best. Cyclo-ds can't even use rayder's big cheat file properly yet alone sport all the real-time features the scds1 has.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh