Hacking Best sized microsd card for new3ds xl?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
32GB is the highest capacity "officially supported"

I currently got a 256GB card for my 3ds and it's pretty terrific having my whole gaming collection in one place.

Reactions: MadMageKefka

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 200 GB micro sd card in mine and it works just fine. Takes about 2 sec longer to boot than smaller cards. That's it. Literally no other issues. Sd size doesnt matter in the least.

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's on the Walmart app so I cant post the link, but I think they are identical.

Anyways, I haven't hacked my 3ds yet, but I wonder how do you guys transfer games to the sd card? As far as I know the 3ds has no usb port to computer so does that mean every time you want to change your games you have to remove that cover plate? seems cumbersome to me, it makes me want to get at least 128gb now.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's on the Walmart app so I cant post the link, but I think they are identical.

Anyways, I haven't hacked my 3ds yet, but I wonder how do you guys transfer games to the sd card? As far as I know the 3ds has no usb port to computer so does that mean every time you want to change your games you have to remove that cover plate? seems cumbersome to me, it makes me want to get at least 128gb now.
Yes, to put on new games u need to either take off the battery cover to get the sd out, or use a FTP homebrew to send the file wirelessly. The 2nd option isn't a very good one for large files, they are prone to corruption.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
No,I disagree with the evo part. I have micro-sd Samsung Evo 32GB (MB-MP32DA) for over a year, no problems so far.
maybe you got fake ones

Out of 30 I've had 8 brick and all were got from Walmart. I'm not saying all are bad but ive never had an issue with SanDisk ultra.

There's a ton of reviews supporting my experience on walmart and amazon

Last edited by Ronhero,

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of 30 I've had 8 brick and all were got from Walmart. I'm not saying all are bad but ive never had an issue with SanDisk ultra.

There's a ton of reviews supporting my experience on walmart and amazon

Can you clarify? Because I am about to buy a Sandisk from Walmart, do you mean Evo from Walmart is the one that give you problems? Not Sandisk from Walmart?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by MadMageKefka,

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both freaky and cubic ninja are easy. I guess freaky is a tiny bit better cuz it takes slightly less effort to install the hacked save. Both are fine, though. I wouldn't suggest oot. It can be a pain sometimes.

Thanks for the suggestion, I am going for the freakyhax, I did some research and found out that all versions of the game works with the hack and but can it work with 10.7? I look at the hack file website here:

https://github.com/plutooo/freakyhax/releases/tag/v3

It says 11.1 support, does that mean I have to upgrade to 11.1 in order to use it? Or can this work with 10.7 as well or do I need to find the specific hack file for 10.7? Thanks.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestion, I am going for the freakyhax, I did some research and found out that all versions of the game works with the hack and but can it work with 10.7? I look at the hack file website here:

https://github.com/plutooo/freakyhax/releases/tag/v3

It says 11.1 support, does that mean I have to upgrade to 11.1 in order to use it? Or can this work with 10.7 as well or do I need to find the specific hack file for 10.7? Thanks.
It will work for 10.7 DO NOT UPDATE! lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: