Browserhax possible without router access?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Vitaminer, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Vitaminer
    OP

Vitaminer GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2016
    United States
    So today I bought a new3ds xl 10.7 32, as far as I know I can downgrade and install a9lh which I think is the best cfw for the 3ds, with 10.7 I know that I don't need a hard mod, nor any games for that matter because browserhax should work, but my problem is that I have no access to the router, I looked up browserhax instructions that says I have to access the router to block the Nintendo website, but I also heard from another member here that it is optional, it's just a precautionary measure to prevent update or something, so I wonder if I can safely use browserhax without accessing the router to block nintendo site? I also heard that I can use DNS, but I have no idea how that works. Thanks

2. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    You're fine just follow the steps at 3ds.guide

3. Vitaminer
    OP

Nov 22, 2016
    United States
    Thanks for the reply but the 3ds guide site mentioned that I need to block the Nintendo site but like I've said I don't have access to the router so I am not sure if I can proceed without blocking the site.

Last edited by Vitaminer, Dec 15, 2016
  4. nechigawara

nechigawara Citizen of Gamindustri

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    In that Bibile, it require 10.7 3DS to set up a firewall to block Nintendo at router.
    [​IMG]
    OP said that he doesn't have an access to router (Living in Dormitory or something?), So he can't do that.
    What solution I can think of is using WiFi USB Transmitter from PC, which I don't know it still exsit or not.
    It should use the same firewall as the host pc, so you can use windows firewall. But I never use it so I can't confirm.

5. Vitaminer
    OP

Nov 22, 2016
    United States
    I guess this is all too frustrating and risky, I'll just spend some money and buy oricana of time and datel powersave, that oot3dhax method is confirmed to work with new3ds xl 10.7, correct? My goal is to be able to downgrade and install a9lh.

6. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Oothax works on 10.7.

7. nechigawara

nechigawara Citizen of Gamindustri

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    OOT3DHax works, you just need Power Save to install an exploit.