Gaming Best RPG Game (No FF)

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dragon Quest 5
I like dragon quest alot, most of them are incredible (Except 7, god damn I hated 7) but 5 stands out in my mind. It's scope is absolutely amazing and it's a great story through and through.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
pyrosurfer said:
what is the best RPG game? No Final Fantasy or Sonic Cronicles please.
none of the ones listed in the sticky pleasse
Final Fantasy IV. Sonic Chronicles. Final Fantasy III.

There you go!
yaynds.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NSRSM said:
Golden Sun

Because you've played it and know that it's that good? I'm sick of people just taking games at their brand name and instantly assuming they're gonna be "the best" or "great". Brand loyalty is what leads to the crash of the video game market.

And why no Sonic Chronicles? That's just random. Probably because, as mentioned before, it's a sneaky "what game should I play" thread.

IDK, I find there's a lot of RPGs for the DS but not a lot worth playing. I think the PSP has better RPGs. Go ahead, bash me.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
NSRSM said:
Golden Sun

Because you've played it and know that it's that good? I'm sick of people just taking games at their brand name and instantly assuming they're gonna be "the best" or "great". Brand loyalty is what leads to the crash of the video game market.

And why no Sonic Chronicles? That's just random. Probably because, as mentioned before, it's a sneaky "what game should I play" thread.

IDK, I find there's a lot of RPGs for the DS but not a lot worth playing. I think the PSP has better RPGs. Go ahead, bash me.
How do you know if he had played it or not?

Goldun Sun combines everything that is great of turn-based RPGs and adds Zelda-like elements to it. Your standard RPG you walk around a room, entrance to exit, fighting random battles, In Golden Sun, every room is a Zelda-like puzzle trial. If you don't have the means to solve a puzzle now, you solve it later when you collected more items. And Djin's add more depth to your RPG battles than other standard RPGs because a Djin affects your stats and sometimes your entire move list. And Goldensun games are direct moment-to-moment sequals from each other, something rare in any game. Goldensun is one of the most unique RPG's even though some people don't even realize it yet. Its ever-deserving as a Best RPG title.

Anyways, moving past that, yeah, Sonic Chronicles was a bit random. Who would honestly nominate any sonic game ever made being the best of a genre?

And ignoring the title, Final Fantasy 12, IMO is the best/my favorite game of all time, let alone Best RPG game.

But all that aside, I'm getting a bit annoyed with the "Favorite/Best of" topics.

Calafas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Njrg said:
Guild McCommunist said:
NSRSM said:
Golden Sun

How do you know if he had played it or not?

Goldun Sun combines everything that is great of turn-based RPGs and adds Zelda-like elements to it. Your standard RPG you walk around a room, entrance to exit, fighting random battles, In Golden Sun, every room is a Zelda-like puzzle trial. If you don't have the means to solve a puzzle now, you solve it later when you collected more items. And Djin's add more depth to your RPG battles than other standard RPGs because a Djin affects your stats and sometimes your entire move list. And Goldensun games are direct moment-to-moment sequals from each other, something rare in any game. Goldensun is one of the most unique RPG's even though some people don't even realize it yet. Its ever-deserving as a Best RPG title.

Anyways, moving past that, yeah, Sonic Chronicles was a bit random. Who would honestly nominate any sonic game ever made being the best of a genre?

And ignoring the title, Final Fantasy 12, IMO is the best/my favorite game of all time, let alone Best RPG game.

But all that aside, I'm getting a bit annoyed with the "Favorite/Best of" topics.

Well, because its not released yet? Derp.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calafas said:
Njrg said:
Yeah, I guess Golden 1 & 2 aren't out yet. The OP was misleading because he said best RPG, not best RPG exclusively on DS.

GBAtemp.net > Nintendo DS Discussions > NDS - Games

Sure.

My point exactly. Anyway, let's stay on topic. If they wanted to discuss RPG's in general, we have a General Console Discussion place for that.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
TENCHNICALLY the OP didn't limit the search to ds rpgs so yeah....golden sun is a pretty good recommendation.

this topic is pretty useless since pretty much every rpg is already on the rpg list....

anyway!I suggest going over to gamerankings and search for ds rpgs

Calafas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dysan said:
TENCHNICALLY the OP didn't limit the search to ds rpgs so yeah....golden sun is a pretty good recommendation.

this topic is pretty useless since pretty much every rpg is already on the rpg list....

Apart from putting it in the DS section, right?

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Calafas said:
dysan said:

Apart from putting it in the DS section, right?

EXACTLY!

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
dysan said:

Gamerankings? Really? The ratings they give aren't good at all, they rate great games really bad, et vice versa. Nothing to like about them. You're best off just Googling 'best DS RPGs', although then you might miss out on a bunch of J-only RPGs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc