What!? I can change this??
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Soo I was looking through some DS games at a local store....just looking at the pile of marked down games which they have way too many copies off...cooking mama, Petz like games, Elite beat agents. The rack where the games were set up was kinda out of the way so I kinda had to squeeze between acouple things and scoot down to look through most of the stuff. I spent a little while looking through the games for fun and I had one in my hand when I stood up and turned around. There was a security guard in back of me wearing a stone face, I think I felt his eyes drilling holes into my back.
He looks down on me and says " I hope you aren't thinking of stealing that item ".
He boiled my blood because I'm really sick of being picked out and tailed around a store as a thief because I appear to be a teenager.
Without missing a beat tho I looked him straight in the eyes and said " No, I've already stolen this game on the internet thank you very much"
Turned and walked away with a middle finger sticking out of my back pocket. I really hope he gets payed well to be a dick. and I think I made his day.
He certainly made mine.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
rofl2.gif

Nice response, I'll use that if I'm ever in a similar situation!

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depends, did he look like the "just got out of the army" type security guard and could beat the crap out of you without breaking a sweat, or did he look like the fat old man that can't find any other form of work and would vapour lock if he had to chase you type security guard.

The former is of course dangerous, the latter only dangerous if he DOES vapour lock and you get blamed for killing him
smile.gif

But you have to realize, there are a lot of kids out there supporting drug habits selling stolen stuff making the rest of you kids look bad. Although I bet the game cases were empty right? And the guard likely didn't realize game stores with any brains don't leave their games open to petty theft in the firstplace.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haha...he was the older gentleman type that probably was tailing me because his kid got caught for stealing a few years back and now he wants to teach all of us the lesson his son didn't get.
I do respect their right to keep watch over their merch thats not the problem here but this kinda harassment went beyond that. If you want to snoop on me do it from a distance and don't let me see you doing it. Catch me in the act or GTFO. And these games were in the original boxes out on display not behind a glass case. Like I said these where the overstocked types that are marked down and shoved in a corner somewhere.
The type that kids really would have the chance to walk up to and slip into their jacket...

If he would have been all buff and stuff I would have reacted the same way. I can dodge a meaty fist, he can't dodge a lawsuit.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Endogene said:
thats why i go to stores as well " dowloaded it, downloaded it, not downloaded it, downloaded it"

i'll keep your answer in mind as well

LOL!

@PBC. Awesome. I probably would've done something different, but with the same result. I hate it when people tail me and think I'm a thief. The last time I physically stole something (exclude internet downloading
tongue.gif
) when I was a little kid at a convenient store stealing candy. They tail me and then "adjust" some of the products on the shelf to pretend that they're working. I hated it but I know that it's not their fault 'cause they wouldn't know if I steal or not. Funny thing was, there was a day where me and a friend separated in a store. I was browsing, my friend ended up stealing something. And I was the one being tailed. I was so disappointed in my friend afterwards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.