Hacking Best practice to format dumbed games?

PapaDon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good day,

using USB Loader GX I get a game file dumbed in .wbfs. But the other day I got to read an opinion that using .iso format would actually increase performance, since .wbfs would be an "old" format used by the Wii? Is this correct? I get that .wbfs has much lower file size, but is there any comparison available that supports one over the other?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Good day,

using USB Loader GX I get a game file dumbed in .wbfs. But the other day I got to read an opinion that using .iso format would actually increase performance, since .wbfs would be an "old" format used by the Wii? Is this correct? I get that .wbfs has much lower file size, but is there any comparison available that supports one over the other?

You can stay on .wbfs for your Games.It saves Space on your HDD and it is really not slower than an ISO....
And it is the most common Format for USBLoaders since.......1741.:D

What do you mabye read is the FORMAT of the HDD (NTFS/FAT32 -> WBFS)
Yes,that is outdated today and should be avoided.

Thank you.:)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

How do I verifie that? In WiiBackupManager?
How your HDD is formatted ?
You can look in the WiiBackup Manager,of course.
Or in Windows.

You can use the WBFS Format,but it is not really necessary.
The common Format is FAT32 because you can use GameCube Games (with Nintendont) and Wii Games on the same Partition/HDD.:)

PapaDon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The common Format is FAT32 because you can use GameCube Games (with Nintendont) and Wii Games on the same Partition/HDD.:)

Little revival question here.

Does that mean with NTFS format emulated game usage is limited? Or is that only true for Gamecube and Nintendont?

I'd rather not reformat my current HD, again, just for the sake of having FAT32.

Also, other threads would often suggest to use NTFS over FAT32. I've yet to figure any consistancy in any of the arguments, so I assume there is none, and instead everything's based on dynamical situations?

Last edited by PapaDon,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Little revival question here.

Does that mean with NTFS format emulated game usage is limited? Or is that only true for Gamecube and Nintendont?

I'd rather not reformat my current HD, again, just for the sake of having FAT32.

Also, other threads would often suggest to use NTFS over FAT32. I've yet to figure any consistancy in any of the arguments, so I assume there is none, and instead everything's based on dynamical situations?

Some Homebrew Applicatons/maybe Emulators too (I am sorry,I do not use them on the Wii,so I can not tell you which maybe have this Limitation) can not save/write on NTFS because the were developed for FAT(32).:)

So,FAT32 is the "safest" Way to use.
and
GameCube Games/Nintendont works on FAT32 not on NTFS.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Ancientboi at it again. +1