I saw a post. It could be you don't need an actual express sd card. If you have an sd card from you switch one and going into data management and starting a transfer of photos/videos on your switch 2, It should trigger the sd card update. (If you did the day one patch)
I am going to try this and validate it
Post automatically merged:
I can confirm this is the case.
What i did with just an old sd card:
1. Update switch 2 to day one patch
2. Put some screenshots on sd card with my switch 1
3.On my switch 2. Go to storage -> transfer picture and videos -> migrate from switch 1
4. Enter the sd card in the switch 2
5. Remove the sd card from the switch2
6. Update the system for the sd card to work
I am still on the day one patch. I have video proof if neccesary.
Edit: now I think of it maybe someone can try it that did not do the update and stayed on the shipping firmware and maybe this way can manage to activate the sd card
I saw a post. It could be you don't need an actual express sd card. If you have an sd card from you switch one and going into data management and starting a transfer of photos/videos on your switch 2, It should trigger the sd card update. (If you did the day one patch)
I am going to try this and validate it
Post automatically merged:
I can confirm this is the case.
What i did with just an old sd card:
1. Update switch 2 to day one patch
2. Put some screenshots on sd card with my switch 1
3.On my switch 2. Go to storage -> transfer picture and videos -> migrate from switch 1
4. Enter the sd card in the switch 2
5. Remove the sd card from the switch2
6. Update the system for the sd card to work
To clarify, does the update enabling regular microSD cards also enable microSD Express cards without needing an additional microSD Express specific update? There's a pretty important distinction there.
I'm assuming the on-cart updates on launch games like Mario Kart World or Cyberpunk 2077 don't enable the SD slot and the SD specific update still needs to be done online or is that not the case?
Does anyone know if physical switch 1 games will work without the day 1 update? Obviously I know they would not be the enhanced version, but just curious if maybe I could play old physical games while keeping it on the original firmware.
To clarify, does the update enabling regular microSD cards also enable microSD Express cards without needing an additional microSD Express specific update? There's a pretty important distinction there.
I'm assuming the on-cart updates on launch games like Mario Kart World or Cyberpunk 2077 don't enable the SD slot and the SD specific update still needs to be done online or is that not the case?
On-cart updates doesnt acitvate the sd card update.
As if this update is enough for the express sd card too, well.. I dont know. I cant test it since i dont have one yet. It would be nice if someone does this with a regular sd card first and see if he plugs in the express sd card another update is being asked.
Just fully updated my first Switch 2 including the SD card update and linking an account. SD card update popped up immediately after inserting. On 20.1.1 after everything. Now in airplane mode.
Just fully updated my first Switch 2 including the SD card update and linking an account. SD card update popped up immediately after inserting. On 20.1.1 after everything. Now in airplane mode.
-Got to home screen without linking an account where it immediately prompted an update which I assume was the day-1 patch. So I updated.
-Put in BOTW cart and it immediately tried to do another update. I said screw it I'll do this tomorrow and cancelled. However when I woke up BOTW launched so it seems like it stealth-applied the Switch 1 cart update while I was sleeping since I stayed on wifi overnight?
-Linked a Nintendo account, installed MKW and BOTW upgrade pack.
-Inserted sd card, immediately prompted to update, so I did.
Would it possible to download mario kart from the code that comes with the bundle, and leave it in airplane indefinitely or will the console after a week or something ask me to go online to verify the mario kart license, since it's the digital version?
Would it possible to download mario kart from the code that comes with the bundle, and leave it in airplane indefinitely or will the console after a week or something ask me to go online to verify the mario kart license, since it's the digital version?
Would it possible to download mario kart from the code that comes with the bundle, and leave it in airplane indefinitely or will the console after a week or something ask me to go online to verify the mario kart license, since it's the digital version?
Didn't ask me to update for the express SD card, although it might have done it automatically since I put it in since the very start. Reads it as an express.
To clarify, does the update enabling regular microSD cards also enable microSD Express cards without needing an additional microSD Express specific update? There's a pretty important distinction there.
I'm assuming the on-cart updates on launch games like Mario Kart World or Cyberpunk 2077 don't enable the SD slot and the SD specific update still needs to be done online or is that not the case?
A userland ROP chain exploit was discovered on the Switch 2. And just to be clear, this is not a native code exec exploit, this is just the beginning until there will be something big. I wouldn't really get your hopes up high, this is only a proof of concept.
A userland ROP chain exploit was discovered on the Switch 2. And just to be clear, this is not a native code exec exploit, this is just the beginning until there will be something big. I wouldn't really get your hopes up high, this is only a proof of concept.
I am DLing day one update and will keep it unused from this point forth. I might play Mario Kart World offline for a while. Do we know if digital games need occasional online hand-check with Nintendo's servers or can I keep playing downloaded games without internet from here on?
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It's that time again. Prepare your Switch updates! Or prepare to forgive your sister's nephew's dog for updating your Switch a few weeks ago. Atmosphere v1.12.0 has...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...