Homebrew Question Best PC Remote Play 2021?

foreverimages

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking to remote play PC Steam games on my Switch. I have a beefy PC with a RTX 3090 so good there. I have seen several releases out there but most look incomplete or haven't been updated in a while.

1. Is it even possible to stream 60 FPS 720p from PC to Switch currently?
  2. If so, which app is best to use?
  3. If there is a better way to remote play handheld, even outside of Switch, I am open to that.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking to remote play PC Steam games on my Switch. I have a beefy PC with a RTX 3090 so good there. I have seen several releases out there but most look incomplete or haven't been updated in a while.

1. Is it even possible to stream 60 FPS 720p from PC to Switch currently?
  2. If so, which app is best to use?
  3. If there is a better way to remote play handheld, even outside of Switch, I am open to that.
  1. It should be possible
  2. SkyNX
  3. I am not aware of any other methods

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as it doesn't crash Moonlight is by far the best experience for Nvidia owners. Nvidia takes care of the encoding and even hardware accelerates it so that puts it far ahead of other homebrew efforts.

Reminder that android 10 on Switch is rather good and that gives you a bunch of streaming options. Although for streaming from your own PC I still think Moonlight is the best app there too, it just seems to work better over wi-fi than Steam's app.

landysmods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is it better to use the native moonlight homebrew app or use moonlight through android 10? I have a pretty good rig with a 3080.

I've had a better experience with the android moonlight. Not sure if still the case but moonlightNX required you to change the games resolution on the pc to 720 or 1080 (docked), or syncing issues occurred, where the Android version seems to just work as is.

intellettuanale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I try skynx but it doesn't work on my pc (ryzen7 and rx580): the screen mirroring on my switch, but joycon's button doesn't work. (touch screen as mouse does).
I also downloaded switch remote play, but windows detect it as a Trojan, so I delete it.
The only I miss is moonlight. I'll try it soon.

landysmods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I try skynx but it doesn't work on my pc (ryzen7 and rx580): the screen mirroring on my switch, but joycon's button doesn't work. (touch screen as mouse does).
I also downloaded switch remote play, but windows detect it as a Trojan, so I delete it.
The only I miss is moonlight. I'll try it soon.

Moonlight won't work with AMD cards

Reactions: intellettuanale

habla2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, now it is almost 2023, did anything happen by now?

What is the best way to play Steam Games on Switch? moonlight? Which release? Another homebrew? Android and apps?

I tried xitrix moonlight, and it did seem ok, but some crashes, and also, when i turn off my PC display, the switch turns black, any way i can play on switch without having to keep the display on?

Or another aproach, how about using GeforceNow on switch? Possible? With Android maybe? Can i use my Steam saves on that?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Okay, now it is almost 2023, did anything happen by now?

What is the best way to play Steam Games on Switch? moonlight? Which release? Another homebrew? Android and apps?

I tried xitrix moonlight, and it did seem ok, but some crashes, and also, when i turn off my PC display, the switch turns black, any way i can play on switch without having to keep the display on?

Or another aproach, how about using GeforceNow on switch? Possible? With Android maybe? Can i use my Steam saves on that?
Use moonlight android.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night