Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What is the best memory card for M3Real, in terms of game compatability and smoothless running (no freezes or lags)?

I've heard that Japanese Kingston and SanDisk are the best, but is there any difference if I buy the 2, 4 or 8 GB version? Also, are cards with higher numbers in the circle on the card (like 4, 5, 6) better than these two brands or not?

(plus do you have any tips where it's best to buy them?)

Thanks a lot guys!
smile.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Always follow the rule tht the Japanese memory makers are the best for flash carts most of the time and imo kingston are the best. The memory doesnt matter just buy as much as you need or want.

sorry dont have anytips were to get em i buy in local computer store for really cheap.

danny600kill

StuKeeler

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From my personal experience I would recommend a Kingston MicroSD, but you should get more opinions to form a solid judgement!

Theoretically, the higher 'class' SDHC cards (6 iirc is highest at the moment?) will be able to run faster and perform better..... HOWEVER, I made a mistake of going for a Class 6 Transcend card (strictly because of it's high speed) and had no end of problems.... the M3i just didn't like it however I prepared it (causing lots of corruptions). It may of course just have been that my card was faulty and an identical Transcend card might be fine, but I wasn't prepared to risk it!

After switching to a Kingston (Class 4 8GB SDHC), I've had no problems running games but do get the common slowdown on Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.

The best performing card still seems to be the Kingston 2GB MicroSD (not SDHC) if you can make do with 2GB of space.

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
I've had 2 different kingston japan cards die on me, both 2GB. They do have lifetime warranties but it costs more to ship them back then it does to buy new ones. I have since been using transcend cards, I have a 2GB and a 8GB. They work great, just as fast if not faster then the kingston, the 2GB has been in my simply for nearly 3 years without any problems what so ever and the 8GB in my real for nearly 2 years. Transcend cards also have lifetime warranties and can be purchased on the cheap, 8GB class 6 sdhc cards can be found for about 20$ on most sites.

D

Deleted User

I have a Japanese Kingston 8GB in my M3i Zero at the moment. It's not that great. NSMB freezes occasionally, Dawn of Sorrow is a joke (Black Screen, Glitches) and Portrait of ruin freezes intermittently. So they aren't that great in my opinion. I've got an 8GB Sandisk in my CycloDS Evo. And haven't had a problem with it. EVER!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2