Best Memory Card for M3Real?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Fel, Sep 28, 2009.

Sep 28, 2009

Best Memory Card for M3Real? by Fel at 4:06 PM (1,081 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Fel
    OP

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    What is the best memory card for M3Real, in terms of game compatability and smoothless running (no freezes or lags)?

I've heard that Japanese Kingston and SanDisk are the best, but is there any difference if I buy the 2, 4 or 8 GB version? Also, are cards with higher numbers in the circle on the card (like 4, 5, 6) better than these two brands or not?

(plus do you have any tips where it's best to buy them?)

Thanks a lot guys! [​IMG]

2. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
  3. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    Always follow the rule tht the Japanese memory makers are the best for flash carts most of the time and imo kingston are the best. The memory doesnt matter just buy as much as you need or want.

sorry dont have anytips were to get em i buy in local computer store for really cheap.

danny600kill

4. StuKeeler

Newcomer StuKeeler Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    From my personal experience I would recommend a Kingston MicroSD, but you should get more opinions to form a solid judgement!

Theoretically, the higher 'class' SDHC cards (6 iirc is highest at the moment?) will be able to run faster and perform better..... HOWEVER, I made a mistake of going for a Class 6 Transcend card (strictly because of it's high speed) and had no end of problems.... the M3i just didn't like it however I prepared it (causing lots of corruptions). It may of course just have been that my card was faulty and an identical Transcend card might be fine, but I wasn't prepared to risk it!

After switching to a Kingston (Class 4 8GB SDHC), I've had no problems running games but do get the common slowdown on Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.

The best performing card still seems to be the Kingston 2GB MicroSD (not SDHC) if you can make do with 2GB of space.

5. Fel
    OP

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    Okay, I'll go for a Kingston then! Thanks for all the tips! [​IMG]

6. Archimdae

Member Archimdae GBAtemp Regular

United States
  7. justinefremlouw

Member justinefremlouw GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, I went with Kingston 4GB Japan. Kingston Japan should be good, besides the 8 gig one that a lot of people have problems with...

8. evvil

Member evvil GBAtemp Regular

I've had 2 different kingston japan cards die on me, both 2GB. They do have lifetime warranties but it costs more to ship them back then it does to buy new ones. I have since been using transcend cards, I have a 2GB and a 8GB. They work great, just as fast if not faster then the kingston, the 2GB has been in my simply for nearly 3 years without any problems what so ever and the 8GB in my real for nearly 2 years. Transcend cards also have lifetime warranties and can be purchased on the cheap, 8GB class 6 sdhc cards can be found for about 20$ on most sites.

9. Saturnplanet5

Member Saturnplanet5 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I have a Japanese Kingston 8GB in my M3i Zero at the moment. It's not that great. NSMB freezes occasionally, Dawn of Sorrow is a joke (Black Screen, Glitches) and Portrait of ruin freezes intermittently. So they aren't that great in my opinion. I've got an 8GB Sandisk in my CycloDS Evo. And haven't had a problem with it. EVER!