Best homebrew mp3 player for DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Lukeoftheaura, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Lukeoftheaura
    OP

Lukeoftheaura Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2016
    Hi,
    I'm looking for the best homebrew MP3 player for the DS, that will run on an ak2i flashcart.

If it has metadata support (albums etc) that'd be a big plus. also, I can't use anything that requires special PC software or certain non-mp3 formats.

Thanks,
    Lucario

2. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Moonshell

3. Lukeoftheaura
    OP

Lukeoftheaura Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2016
    moonshell seems to replace the firmware of cards, and requires a windows PC to setup (read the part about PC software). i'd like something that I can load from my ak2i menu when i want to listen to music.

4. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Nope. Moonshell doesn't replace the firmware of cards, and it doesn't need a PC to set up.
    Just put the moonshell.nds file in your uSD and run it like any other homebrew.
    Also just put your MP3 files, that don't require any type of conversion, inside any folder in your uSD card, and it just works.
    No PC needed.

PS: you also need to copy the moonshell folder to your sd card, all of that is in the downloadable moonshell zip file, but the file and folder names may somewhat vary because memory is not my forte.

Last edited by sarkwalvein, Aug 5, 2016
  5. Lovely_LuoTianyi

Lovely_LuoTianyi Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2016
    Switzerland
    now we have moonshell2! i remember the version i use(R4i Chinese) even have the button that you can go back to your flashcard menu(not press power button)!