Homebrew Best MP3 Homebrew Player for DS in 2022?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
For homebrew Moonshell is probably the best, though only 1.7 works from DSi SD. toolchaingenericds-audioplayer might be better if you're using DSi SD as I think it's fairly good, though very basic UI. If you're on DSi though your best option is just the official Nintendo DSi Sound app, it's not technically an MP3 player, but it's super trivial to convert to M4A (aka MP4 or 3GP). (should be able to just use ffmpeg like ffmpeg -i song.mp3 song.m4a, or I personally usually use fre:ac and it works well with the output format set to "MPEG4 AAC Low Complexity")

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For homebrew Moonshell is probably the best, though only 1.7 works from DSi SD. toolchaingenericds-audioplayer might be better if you're using DSi SD as I think it's fairly good, though very basic UI. If you're on DSi though your best option is just the official Nintendo DSi Sound app, it's not technically an MP3 player, but it's super trivial to convert to M4A (aka MP4 or 3GP). (should be able to just use ffmpeg like ffmpeg -i song.mp3 song.m4a, or I personally usually use fre:ac and it works well with the output format set to "MPEG4 AAC Low Complexity")
thanks!

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried toolchaingenericds, does not work as well

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Every ToolchainGenericDS project out there has been updated to work correctly on NTR / TWL hardware. Even the OpenGL ports:

https://github.com/cotodevel

https://bitbucket.org/Coto88/

Took a while because building a proper NintendoDS ecosystem for porting 3D stuff, audio stream, games and whatnot, while retaining top notch code running fast while keeping compatibility across NTR / TWL real hardware took a massive undertaking.
But not anymore. Everything's finished!

Reactions: E1ite007

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father