Best GPS?

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be moving soon and want to get a good GPS.

What is everyone's opinion on a good GPS for under $150 and has removeable media?

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Don't know is it good, but it is cheap
smile.gif

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8545

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have an iWAY 250c from pep boys and while it probably isn't the best, it is very functional. Only cost 130 and comes with a 2GB SD card with map info on it (before SD cards were ridiculously cheap)

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been very tempted to try one of those TomToms.

I used a Garvis (I think) when renting a car, and it had some serious lack of features, such as typing store names and such. It also got angry with me when I wouldn't follow it's driving directions exactly.

Anyone like the TomTom?

Strokemouth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd highly recommend Garmin over TomTom. I have a Nuvi 670 but also used a TomTom (can't remember which) when I was vacationing in Florida for a week. The Garmin's directions have been more clear and accurate. I can't recommend a device that will tell you to "keep right....turn left" on a busy 2 lane street, such as with the TomTom.

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a Magellan Maestro... 4050, I believe. It's a pretty decent system, and it's getting a map update soon. It also runs on a Windows CE core which means that it's fun to hack it to shreds. Mine can now run Explorer and has a few games, a calculator, viewers for Microsoft Office formats, and an all-in-one media player similar to VLC.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I have experience using Navigon, Garmin Nuvi (Not street pilots...wanna get one though), and Magellan Maestro. Out of the 3, Nuvi is the most user-friendly and easiest to modify your destination on the fly. Navigon comes in last between the three and is a bit slow. Magellan is a good happy medium and can do a little more than Nuvi, but I found it a little more in-depth to use.

All 3 have models under 150 and are top notch for US and UK for their pricepoint. I use the Nuvi 250 (basically the 200 with wide screen
smile.gif
) daily just for the heck of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)