Best GPS?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Devante, May 5, 2008.

1. Devante
    OP

Devante Crescent fresh at best.

Nov 29, 2002
    United States
    I'll be moving soon and want to get a good GPS.

What is everyone's opinion on a good GPS for under $150 and has removeable media?

2. azotyp

azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 19, 2007
    Poland
    Poland
  3. notnarb

notnarb Not narbing it up

Jun 18, 2007
    I have an iWAY 250c from pep boys and while it probably isn't the best, it is very functional. Only cost 130 and comes with a 2GB SD card with map info on it (before SD cards were ridiculously cheap)

4. Devante
    OP

Devante Crescent fresh at best.

Nov 29, 2002
    United States
    I've been very tempted to try one of those TomToms.

I used a Garvis (I think) when renting a car, and it had some serious lack of features, such as typing store names and such. It also got angry with me when I wouldn't follow it's driving directions exactly.

Anyone like the TomTom?

5. Little

Little I r Little

Nov 20, 2006
    England
    get a PSP =D ok maybe not cos i dunno when the US one is coming out.

6. martin88

martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2005
    Canada
    Garmin's GPS devices are the best. Try Nuvi 200 if you're low on budget.

7. Strokemouth

Strokemouth GBAtemp Regular

Nov 27, 2004
    United States
    NY
    I'd highly recommend Garmin over TomTom. I have a Nuvi 670 but also used a TomTom (can't remember which) when I was vacationing in Florida for a week. The Garmin's directions have been more clear and accurate. I can't recommend a device that will tell you to "keep right....turn left" on a busy 2 lane street, such as with the TomTom.

8. chuckstudios

chuckstudios Putting the pro in procrastination

Jul 19, 2006
    United States
    North Carolina, USA
    I have a Magellan Maestro... 4050, I believe. It's a pretty decent system, and it's getting a map update soon. It also runs on a Windows CE core which means that it's fun to hack it to shreds. Mine can now run Explorer and has a few games, a calculator, viewers for Microsoft Office formats, and an all-in-one media player similar to VLC.

9. lookout

lookout GBAtemp Board Room

Aug 16, 2006
    United Kingdom
    agree Little.... get a PSP & 'PSP GO! Explore'

[​IMG]

10. Shinji

Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    City of Delusion
    I have experience using Navigon, Garmin Nuvi (Not street pilots...wanna get one though), and Magellan Maestro. Out of the 3, Nuvi is the most user-friendly and easiest to modify your destination on the fly. Navigon comes in last between the three and is a bit slow. Magellan is a good happy medium and can do a little more than Nuvi, but I found it a little more in-depth to use.

All 3 have models under 150 and are top notch for US and UK for their pricepoint. I use the Nuvi 250 (basically the 200 with wide screen [​IMG] ) daily just for the heck of it.