Best GBA Star Wars games?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Rayder, Aug 9, 2008.

Aug 9, 2008

Best GBA Star Wars games? by Rayder at 6:33 AM (14,087 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Rayder
    OP

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    What are the best of, and the worst of the Star Wars games for GBA? What are there? Something like 5 or 6 of the suckers?

Which ones are worth bothering with?

2. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    Don't they all just... suck?

3. Rayder
    OP

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I don't know, do they?

I only got into GBA in the last year before the DS, so I'm not hip to many of the GBA games.

4. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    GBA wasn't the best system for Star Wars games. Most likely PC is.

But I think some might've been decent. Too long ago to remember...

5. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Episode III is a decent sidescrolling beat em up. The DS version is slightly improved with 3D flying levels and fully orchestrated music, but the GBA one is pretty darn good.

Lego Star Wars 1 and 2 had GBA releases. They do a pretty good job in keeping the feel of the series. They are isometric games using prerendered backgrounds and sprites, but you still move around in a 3-dimensional environment (in gameplay, not graphics).

The complete list of GBA Star Wars games and their fun factors:

- Lego Star Wars (good 8/10)
    - Lego Star Wars 2 Original Trilogy (good 8/10)
    - Star Wars Episode 2 Attack of the Clones (2/10 terrible)
    - Star Wars Jedi Power Battles (5/10 not horrid but not too good either)
    - Star Wars Episode 2 the New Droid Army (5/10 has some good ideas but gets very boring)
    - Star Wars Flight of the Falcon (4/10 pretty bad)
    - Star Wars Trilogy Apprentice of the Force (6/10 Meh. The Super Star Wars games should have been ported instead)
    - Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith (good 8/10)

These are my scores and don't pertain to everyone's opinion.

6. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    LEGO Star Wars. Definitely.

Oddly enough, I prefer the first game. The Original Trilogy is still tons of fun, but I don't like the "new and improved" graphics. It seems like they tried to do more and ended up having less.

7. jputahraptor

Newcomer jputahraptor Newbie

United States
    Star Wars Episode 1 Jedi Power Battles - a slow seriously butchered and shorter version of the PS1 game. I wouldn't bother with it. Isometric

Episode 2 Attack of the Clones - the only game based off the episode it is really a weak sidescroller which is overly frustrating and isn't a lot of fun.

Episode 3 ROTS - very good sidescroller almost beat em up type game, very good but the DS version has 3 D space battles absent on this one

Lego Star Wars 1 and 2 - isometric versions which are again just shorter smaller version of the full games, stick with the full console versions.

Flight of the Falcon - an average 3 D ish game in which you just play in vechicles, not bad but the collision and graphics make the game hard.

New Droid Army - an alright but repetitive isometric game, original story however

Apprentise of the force - very good but short, combines different ways to play, the best of the bunch

8. f1ames

Newcomer f1ames Newbie

Poland
    I haven't try all available Star Wars games, but in my opinion Lego Star Wars II is pretty good. I know some of you doesn't like it, but it's rather one of the best SW game for GBA. It's worth trying it.