Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the best of, and the worst of the Star Wars games for GBA? What are there? Something like 5 or 6 of the suckers?

Which ones are worth bothering with?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, do they?

I only got into GBA in the last year before the DS, so I'm not hip to many of the GBA games.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Episode III is a decent sidescrolling beat em up. The DS version is slightly improved with 3D flying levels and fully orchestrated music, but the GBA one is pretty darn good.

Lego Star Wars 1 and 2 had GBA releases. They do a pretty good job in keeping the feel of the series. They are isometric games using prerendered backgrounds and sprites, but you still move around in a 3-dimensional environment (in gameplay, not graphics).

The complete list of GBA Star Wars games and their fun factors:

- Lego Star Wars (good 8/10)
- Lego Star Wars 2 Original Trilogy (good 8/10)
- Star Wars Episode 2 Attack of the Clones (2/10 terrible)
- Star Wars Jedi Power Battles (5/10 not horrid but not too good either)
- Star Wars Episode 2 the New Droid Army (5/10 has some good ideas but gets very boring)
- Star Wars Flight of the Falcon (4/10 pretty bad)
- Star Wars Trilogy Apprentice of the Force (6/10 Meh. The Super Star Wars games should have been ported instead)
- Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith (good 8/10)

These are my scores and don't pertain to everyone's opinion.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
LEGO Star Wars. Definitely.

Oddly enough, I prefer the first game. The Original Trilogy is still tons of fun, but I don't like the "new and improved" graphics. It seems like they tried to do more and ended up having less.

jputahraptor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Star Wars Episode 1 Jedi Power Battles - a slow seriously butchered and shorter version of the PS1 game. I wouldn't bother with it. Isometric

Episode 2 Attack of the Clones - the only game based off the episode it is really a weak sidescroller which is overly frustrating and isn't a lot of fun.

Episode 3 ROTS - very good sidescroller almost beat em up type game, very good but the DS version has 3 D space battles absent on this one

Lego Star Wars 1 and 2 - isometric versions which are again just shorter smaller version of the full games, stick with the full console versions.

Flight of the Falcon - an average 3 D ish game in which you just play in vechicles, not bad but the collision and graphics make the game hard.

New Droid Army - an alright but repetitive isometric game, original story however

Apprentise of the force - very good but short, combines different ways to play, the best of the bunch

f1ames

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I haven't try all available Star Wars games, but in my opinion Lego Star Wars II is pretty good. I know some of you doesn't like it, but it's rather one of the best SW game for GBA. It's worth trying it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER