Best FPS on the Wii so far?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by fldash, Jun 8, 2007.

Jun 8, 2007

Best FPS on the Wii so far? by fldash at 4:26 PM (3,099 Views / 0 Likes) 28 replies

1. fldash
    OP

Newcomer fldash Advanced Member

Is it COD, MOH, Red Steel, or something else I don't know...

Also, what's the best fighting game, DBZ?

Thanks.

2. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    DBZ is the ONLY fighting game out right now. It's decent.
    Red Steel is a disgrace, as is Far Cry. So I'd vote for the WWII games even though I have never even tried them out (fucking too many of those...). Anything is better than what I have played.

3. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    For me it's Red Steel with regards to FPS, COD 2 people swear by as the best FPS on the Wii, MOH has some weird controls at times.

DBZ is a good fighting game, but as an alternative there's Mortal Konbat, though I prefer the former

4. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    Red Steel is ok, the multiplayer mode with 3 or 4 people might even be called fun. [​IMG]

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Red Steel ain't as bad as most people go on about, its ok just nothing special. I reckon the sequel would be better.

MOH I didn't like but then I haven't liked a console MOH since the original PSX game. Not tried COD 3 but I'm guessing its worth getting if you don't have a 360 as that has amazing online gameplay.

Fighting wise, Mortal Kombat plays well but not with a Wii controller for me. There is Art of Fighting compilation coming soon though.

6. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Does The Godfather: Black Glove Edition count as a FPS... I guess not, but it has that type of element to it as well as the whole sandbox/GTA element. I recommend it highly, although I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for or not, the motion controls for that type of game are a ton of fun.

7. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    red steel gets mad mixed reviews, some people really like the game, and others really hate it, I guess you just have to try it yourself

8. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    I hope Metroid Prime Corruption will get it right. It's made from Nintendo, and the delays have got to mean something. right? RIGHT?! FASDFJKASFJASDF

I recommend that you get a cheap bluetooth adapter and hack away on your computer. Counter-strike with a wii-mote is quite entertaining if you put enough work into tweaks and hardware.

9. MC DUI

Member MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    yeah nintendo fanboys [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. 123kid

Newcomer 123kid Member

Sweden
    The FPS parts in Rayman Raving Rabbids [​IMG]

For fighting game I'd probably go with Soul Calibur 2 for the Gamecube, the fighting games on Wii right now are jokes.

11. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    I'd say COD3 handles the best with just barely behind it MOH. MOH is more customizable though so it can fit any of your comforts. Red Steels gun areas are a masterpiece but the swordfighting sucks the fun out of the adventure with the dodgy detection and unnecessary lag.

12. Ben_j

Member Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    huh what about MK ?

13. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Red Steel is decent.

14. Sk3pT!kaL

Newcomer Sk3pT!kaL Member

United States
    Can't really say that I've had a good experience with any Wii FPS yet. Red Steel was interesting, but the controls are a pain in the ass and the game lags. I didn't enjoy CoD3 on the 360 (compared the 2, it was horrible.) so I honestly don't think I would enjoy it with worse graphics and wonky controls.

Honestly, I'm scared for Metroid. I don't know how they are going to be able to pull the controls off, because I know for one thing, the whole crap with the wiimote for turning is crap and isnt working for me at all.

15. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I think we just have to trust Nintendo... I hope they don't mess Metroid up!

16. blahman

Member blahman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    does elebits count ? [​IMG]

17. BigX

Member BigX GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    right now, I think MOH 2 Heroes is the best FPS on Wii

18. MADKATZ99

Member MADKATZ99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    MOH:Heroes 2 is easily the best
    theres like a 26 players online at once or somthing crazy like that. Online is really fun, and probly has the best modes/options we've seen in an online wii game yet.
    I havn't played single player though, and the game really let itself down by not having a multiplayer option [​IMG]

COD3 was sweet, but thats probably becuase it was my first game [​IMG]
    Lagged like hell, and the graphics + controls sucked looking back on it now.

also, Godfather + RE4 + scarface wern't FPS.

btw, awesome job of bumping a year old thead [​IMG]

19. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    I did buy medal of honour 2 for the apparently awesome online, but surprise surprise that money grubbing mother fucking EA pieces of SHIT took out ALL multiplayer of the NZ (and probably AUS) version.
    The single player seems solid but fuck storming the beaches of normandy AGAIN

20. Hardcore Gamer

Member Hardcore Gamer GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    MOH2 is by far the best and it's not even close. The online play is done the way online play is supposed to be done.

You can create a room, join a room, you can see the ratings of the players before you join a server, you can add buddies after you've fought so you can fight them again later, it has lots of stats on your weapons etc, leaderboards, customized rooms, shit loads...on top of that, the gameplay is great. Try out a sniper only room when you get sick of running and gunning, superb controls.

to recommend another FPS ahead of this one is just plain daft.