Gaming Best FPS on the Wii so far?

fldash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it COD, MOH, Red Steel, or something else I don't know...

Also, what's the best fighting game, DBZ?

Thanks.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
DBZ is the ONLY fighting game out right now. It's decent.
Red Steel is a disgrace, as is Far Cry. So I'd vote for the WWII games even though I have never even tried them out (fucking too many of those...). Anything is better than what I have played.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For me it's Red Steel with regards to FPS, COD 2 people swear by as the best FPS on the Wii, MOH has some weird controls at times.

DBZ is a good fighting game, but as an alternative there's Mortal Konbat, though I prefer the former

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Red Steel is ok, the multiplayer mode with 3 or 4 people might even be called fun.
wink.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red Steel ain't as bad as most people go on about, its ok just nothing special. I reckon the sequel would be better.

MOH I didn't like but then I haven't liked a console MOH since the original PSX game. Not tried COD 3 but I'm guessing its worth getting if you don't have a 360 as that has amazing online gameplay.

Fighting wise, Mortal Kombat plays well but not with a Wii controller for me. There is Art of Fighting compilation coming soon though.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does The Godfather: Black Glove Edition count as a FPS... I guess not, but it has that type of element to it as well as the whole sandbox/GTA element. I recommend it highly, although I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for or not, the motion controls for that type of game are a ton of fun.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hope Metroid Prime Corruption will get it right. It's made from Nintendo, and the delays have got to mean something. right? RIGHT?! FASDFJKASFJASDF

I recommend that you get a cheap bluetooth adapter and hack away on your computer. Counter-strike with a wii-mote is quite entertaining if you put enough work into tweaks and hardware.

123kid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The FPS parts in Rayman Raving Rabbids
biggrin.gif

For fighting game I'd probably go with Soul Calibur 2 for the Gamecube, the fighting games on Wii right now are jokes.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say COD3 handles the best with just barely behind it MOH. MOH is more customizable though so it can fit any of your comforts. Red Steels gun areas are a masterpiece but the swordfighting sucks the fun out of the adventure with the dodgy detection and unnecessary lag.

Sk3pT!kaL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't really say that I've had a good experience with any Wii FPS yet. Red Steel was interesting, but the controls are a pain in the ass and the game lags. I didn't enjoy CoD3 on the 360 (compared the 2, it was horrible.) so I honestly don't think I would enjoy it with worse graphics and wonky controls.

Honestly, I'm scared for Metroid. I don't know how they are going to be able to pull the controls off, because I know for one thing, the whole crap with the wiimote for turning is crap and isnt working for me at all.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can't really say that I've had a good experience with any Wii FPS yet. Red Steel was interesting, but the controls are a pain in the ass and the game lags. I didn't enjoy CoD3 on the 360 (compared the 2, it was horrible.) so I honestly don't think I would enjoy it with worse graphics and wonky controls.

Honestly, I'm scared for Metroid. I don't know how they are going to be able to pull the controls off, because I know for one thing, the whole crap with the wiimote for turning is crap and isnt working for me at all.
I think we just have to trust Nintendo... I hope they don't mess Metroid up!

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MOH:Heroes 2 is easily the best
theres like a 26 players online at once or somthing crazy like that. Online is really fun, and probly has the best modes/options we've seen in an online wii game yet.
I havn't played single player though, and the game really let itself down by not having a multiplayer option
frown.gif

COD3 was sweet, but thats probably becuase it was my first game
tongue.gif

Lagged like hell, and the graphics + controls sucked looking back on it now.

also, Godfather + RE4 + scarface wern't FPS.

btw, awesome job of bumping a year old thead
biggrin.gif

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
.TakaM said:
red steel gets mad mixed reviews, some people really like the game, and others really hate it, I guess you just have to try it yourself
I bought red steel the other day (80% off, always been curious)
It's not that bad, it is a very very generic FPS, but there is some fun to be had.
if you can find it cheap like I did, I'd say go for it.

QUOTE(MADKATZ99 @ Jun 9 2008, 08:32 PM) MOH:Heroes 2 is easily the best
theres like a 26 players online at once or somthing crazy like that. Online is really fun, and probly has the best modes/options we've seen in an online wii game yet.
I haven't played single player though, and the game really let itself down by not having a multiplayer option
frown.gif
I did buy medal of honour 2 for the apparently awesome online, but surprise surprise that money grubbing mother fucking EA pieces of SHIT took out ALL multiplayer of the NZ (and probably AUS) version.
The single player seems solid but fuck storming the beaches of normandy AGAIN

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
MOH2 is by far the best and it's not even close. The online play is done the way online play is supposed to be done.

You can create a room, join a room, you can see the ratings of the players before you join a server, you can add buddies after you've fought so you can fight them again later, it has lots of stats on your weapons etc, leaderboards, customized rooms, shit loads...on top of that, the gameplay is great. Try out a sniper only room when you get sick of running and gunning, superb controls.

to recommend another FPS ahead of this one is just plain daft.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1