Hacking Best flashcart for running 3ds games on our 2ds 11.20—35E

Gavjbrown77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
right, fingers crossed. Just about to insert the card in the 2ds. ive uploaded a photo of the card contents again.

yay!! got the home launcher. now moved on to
SafeCTRTransfer (Homebrew Launcher)

but when trying to turn off parental controls I get the message in the photo. Is it also normal for the original launcher to return after a reboot. I had to play soundhax again.

Attachments

• _20170412_142057.JPG
    _20170412_142057.JPG
    747.4 KB · Views: 214

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
yay!! got the home launcher. now moved on to
SafeCTRTransfer (Homebrew Launcher)

but when trying to turn off parental controls I get the message in the photo. Is it also normal for the original launcher to return after a reboot. I had to play soundhax again.
Remove menuhax by changing the theme.

Gavjbrown77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
got as far as the
  1. Copy the contents of the SafeA9LHInstaller .7z to the root of your SD card
does that mean leave the unzipped folder or empty contents to root

Gavjbrown77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry guys for not being in touch for a while. We've had a few family issues to deal with and the 2ds has been left untouched since my last post.

Just tried to turn it on and the screen illuminates but is blank.

I'm at a loss how to fix this

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The 2ds loads when the sd card is removed.

Tried a reset but now during set up its asking me to adjust the 3d slider, which obviously my 2ds doesn't have, and it won't let me bypass it.

Last edited by Gavjbrown77,

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by 01000,

Gavjbrown77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Gavjbrown77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Gavjbrown77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, first of all you need to buy Cubic Ninja for your region. Then we can walk you through it.

Presumably that's a physical cart I need to get?.

Seems to be about £50 on eBay

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Seems to be about £50 on eBay
You can find it cheaper, for example this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUBIC-NINJA...981476?hash=item3d405f21e4:g:bWEAAOSwiQ9ZXNEI
The boxart is Italian, but the game is still in English.
My €20 copy is from Italy as well, seems that's where it's cheapest.

Or you could wait for ntrboothax, which should also let you fix the 2DS, it requires nothing but one of the supported DS flashcarts (list to come later), so it'll be cheaper.

Anyway you could always resell Cubic Ninja once you're done with it and only be out shipping.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Gavjbrown77

Gavjbrown77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can find it cheaper, for example this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUBIC-NINJA...981476?hash=item3d405f21e4:g:bWEAAOSwiQ9ZXNEI
The boxart is Italian, but the game is still in English.
My €20 copy is from Italy as well, seems that's where it's cheapest.

Or you could wait for ntrboothax, which should also let you fix the 2DS, it requires nothing but one of the supported DS flashcarts (list to come later), so it'll be cheaper.

Anyway you could always resell Cubic Ninja once you're done with it and only be out shipping.

Good thinking, and thanks for the link :grog:

f1steve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No need for anymore flashcard since installing CFW is more safer and no money paid.

There is 2 things you need to know right now, of course, about 3DS hacking.
  1. 3DS exploit: This is a way allow to run somethings that normally can't run such as homebrew, etc. Example of 3DS exploit are menuhax, arm9loaderhax, fasthax, etc.
  2. 3DS CFW: This is what you want to allow your 3DS to add more function to FW, such as out of region cart load, pirating, ETC. This one need 3DS exploit to be able to run. Example of CFW is Luma3DS. ReiNAND, Corbenik.
The choices you have now is Installing Arm9loaderhax (A9LH) Exploit with Luma3DS CFW. Can be done by following this guide: http://3ds.guide/. This setting is mostly safe from removed by Nintendo. The problem is, this setting require user to hack into 3DS System files. So it has a small risk of brick. But, if you're understand and following every step of the guide I gave you correctly. Even though you bricked, it can still be fix by hardmod.

You better do this now since your FW is mostly perfect for this. 11.3 right now is hopeless.

PS. For who concern (Not OP), I decide to drop menuhax setting since 11.3 is deadly for that setting.

I'm sure you are right but I for one am scared of bricking my machine. I don't have the money to buy a new one, so buying a card is safer than risking ruining my device. :(

Reactions: Gavjbrown77

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I'm sure you are right but I for one am scared of bricking my machine. I don't have the money to buy a new one, so buying a card is safer than risking ruining my device. :(
Then I will give you another info why people here recommend CFW over Sky3DS.
  • Sky3ds need a bit of data exclusive call "private header" to be able to go online.
  • This data can only obtain from another legitmate 3DS game cart (EShop version is not)
  • If your 3DS is on higher than 9.2 FW, you will also need "Power Saves" to get private header
  • Some games require the match private header size, so you may need to buy more than one legitmate 3DS game cart
  • So, the total price: Sky3DS ($80) + Power Saves ($19) + One or more legitmate cart (Vary).
  • So you have to pay around $120 atleast. While the price of brand new 2DSXL is $150. People also be able to find second hand 3DS/2DS around $80.
  • If you go online without private header, or using wrong private header size, you console may be get ban, which you need to buy another console to unban it too.
Although CFW has a large ban wave not long ago, disable share data & spotpass should allow you to be safe. Also CFW won't require money to install (unless you need hardmod).
That's the reason people here recommend CFW over Sky3DS.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You will not brick when installing B9S. There have been 0 cases of legit bricks caused by B9S.
Now using a cart like Gateway3DS actually does have comes with a chance of bricking.

Honestly I wouldn't suggest flashcarts anymore and hear me out. Gateway hasn't updated in months and haven't even updated their progress in months. This means you are going to be stuck on 11.2 until they update. They also haven't updated to officially support B9S, which the direction that everyone is going in. This means sooner or later, they either need to update or throw in the towel.
Sky3DS is great for games, but still an expensive cart. It also requires private headers to not get banned when going online. Coupled with the lack of any other features beyond basic cart emulation.

At this point, just go with a CFW. You aren't going to brick, you are going to have a much wider community support, and you will be saving money by doing so.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: nechigawara

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
A Sky3DS+ costs the same or more than a 2DS. The brick chances are minimal, I don't think there's a single reported brick from installing B9S by using 3ds.guide.
Really, you're better off hacking it no matter which way you look at it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc