Best flashcart for homebrew?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Relic, Sep 3, 2006.

Sep 3, 2006

Best flashcart for homebrew? by Relic at 11:00 PM (711 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Relic
    OP

Newcomer Relic Member

I already have a G6 lite but that's maybe not the best solution for homebrew. I'm thinking a Supercard CF is probably still the best choice for compatibility but before I order one I was wondering what you all thought. I know a compiled fatlib for G3 was released but it has yet to make much of an impact. What about the mini/micro/SD carts? Are they 100% yet? Would you advise a wait-and-see approach? What are the pros and cons of the different solutions?

2. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    definitely you should be looking @ a supercard (maybe not the sc lite since the new micro sd still has slight library problems with the homebrews). The m3 does fine on its own as well....but I'm sure the new micro card based m3 lite will suffer similar problems like the sc lite.

3. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    Saying the M3 Lite will suffer the same problems (i don't know what they are) as the SC Lite is an unjust comparison. The two work differently in terms of their hardware. (ex: save battery or lack thereof) The M3 miniSD is parallel to the regular SD version. I wouldn't be surprised if this held true for the microSD version.

CF:
    + very good FAT support
    - bulky

invert and negate for SD

4. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    Yeah they both use very different implementations but the problem is FATlib support on different medias....that's why you see supercard lite owners now bitchin and moaning because the homebrews that worked fine on earlier supercards are not working now.