Hardware Best Flash cart for GBA SP?

skinnyq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi dudes, well, I have been looking for some time now for a flash cart that I can put games and homebrew games on.
My system is GBA SP.
On the flash cart, I want to run GBA, GBC and some GB roms (GBC and GB roms are mainly pokemon).

What I came across by now:
-M3 mini-SD Perfect which seems to have the best compatibility and comfortability but very pricey.
-Supercard SD whose price is ok but heard it has some compatibility issues(?).
-EZFlash IV, price is ok also but same as Supercard, heard it has some compatibility issues and that its developing team doesn't release updates very often.

So, I'll be happy to hear any more suggestions and clarifications.

Thanks!

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The EZ-Flash IV is pretty much dead. No new GBA games are being made so there's no need for more firmware updates, and unlike DS games, GBA games don't all share the same cartridge hardware, so you're stuck trying to build the cartridge to handle whatever it can.

The EZF4 MiniSD is the one I use and compatibility is good. Bulkier games need to be flashed to NOR and there's no RTC for Pokemon and such.

Dedicated GBA cartridges are pretty much a dead market since the GBA itself is dead. Most manufacturers have switched to devices such as the 3-in-1, which loads all GBA ROMs off slot-1 cards instead.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
I own an EZ IV and an EZ 3-in-1 and i havent had as many problems with the EZ IV then what i have with the EZ 3-in-1. so, from personal experience, EZ IV is better. if you want GBA games, you need to use Goomba Colour. and to get saves to work, you need to patch them with the funny tool program thing. there are the only problems that i've had compared to the EZ 3-in-1 which i've had:
-Saving issues
-NOR erasing issues
-support issues
-moving-it-to-other-hardware issues
-and more
personally, i recommend EZ IV and that comment about "so you're stuck trying to build the cartridge to handle whatever it can." hasn't happened to me.

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
I own an EZ IV and an EZ 3-in-1 and i havent had as many problems with the EZ IV then what i have with the EZ 3-in-1. so, from personal experience, EZ IV is better. if you want GBA games, you need to use Goomba Colour. and to get saves to work, you need to patch them with the funny tool program thing. there are the only problems that i've had compared to the EZ 3-in-1 which i've had:
-Saving issues
-NOR erasing issues
-support issues
-moving-it-to-other-hardware issues
-and more
personally, i recommend EZ IV and that comment about "so you're stuck trying to build the cartridge to handle whatever it can." hasn't happened to me.

The forums here have been rather full of posts about the 3-in-1 having lots of problems, actually. It's the big reason I spent more for an EZF4. And my quote was more for the manufacturers of these devices, since many of them have only minimal onboard RAM which offers limited game support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.