ROM Hack best flash cart for DS development?

beefstew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There are tons of solutions out there for running games on the DS. Most of the reviews I have seen are geared more towards just playing games. I am wondering which solutions is considered developer friendly. i.e., simple process for transferring roms, good compatibility, price, behave closely to commercial roms, etc.

I am using the libnds libs.

~S

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I would suggest using a GBA slot cart (they take GBA based file systems easier) and looking at something by the M3 people or EZFlash (definitely one that allows you to play musical ?SD cards), now DLDI appeared there is no real concern about inter cart compatibility and both have provided or for both there exists halfway decent docs concerning hardware layout.
Homebrew (DLDI patching aside, which may even be able to be taken care of by a line in the makefile, if not a batch file) should just be drag and drop.
If you really want a DS slot card (which do not like DS file systems) then provided they support DLDI then it should not matter.
http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/

Some devs may mention the CF card using GBAMP which is OK for some but not worth the effort in my opinion (no SRAM for one).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-