Homebrew Best Flash Card

Aussieyobo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, i use to have a M3 Real flash card(with sakura running on it) but gave it to my nephew, so i am in the market for a new 1, so i want to know what the best flash card for the DS is, im also considering upgrading to a DSi so which is the best flash card for that and are there any cons to having a DSi flash card over a DS flash card? as i understand they are a little new

EDIT: oh and do the DSi Flash Cards support games that use the camera?

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Wrong forum surely....

But yeah, Acekard 2i, once you have one you'll never look back. Akaio and paper ftw.

Just be sure to check the stickies or search before using an Acekard with a DSi.

Basically it will run the ROM as if in a real game card, so yes - should run camera fine.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I looked over my previous:

Use the SEARCH button

Posts and realised I may be percieved negatively/getting cranky in my old age.

But yes - Aussieyobo - Too lazy to use the SEARCH BUTTON?
tongue.gif

This
or
This?

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Gariscus said:
DSi flashcarts do not support the camera.
I stand corrected...

As for discontinuation of Akaio...

1. Would only adversly affect DSi owners as DS/DSL do not have updates to the OS and therefore roms that work now and in future will always work with current Akaio (or should anyway, by the time they don't new, better flashcards will be mega cheap anyway).

2. If Norm does stop support then no doubt someone else would pick it up as the user community is huge.

Aussieyobo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ah sorry, new here didnt search, will from now on.
damn so flashcarts dont support the camera? i was looking forward to getting that monster finder game when it came out :'( wanted to find monsters around my house

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All DSi flashcarts are DS flashcarts that bypass the DSi's blacklist. DSi flahcarts won't happen at least until we find the DSi's encryption key.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have an EZ-Flash Vi, and have very few complaints. It seems to get pretty frequent updates, and runs just about everything without needing any patching whatsoever. It was one of the first, if not the first, to run Spirit Tracks without patching.

They've got a message board with frequent personal support, which means a lot to me. I've gotten direct help when needed.

I can only think of two complaints: 1) it's not very popular compared to other flashcards, and therefore there isn't a lot of discussion on other message boards, and 2) lots and lots of homebrews don't run properly, and none of the frequent updates have addressed this.

But that's it. All-around excellent flashcard. Two thumbs up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig