Hacking Best DSi Kart

geokilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a customer here who's asking about the best DSi kart, and well I dunno what to say. They each have their pros and cons. The Acekard 2i is the best bang for buck, while the SuperCard team creates the carts that has the most features, especially the upcoming DSTwoi. Then there's the iTouch 2 and M3i Zero (Sakura) which are pretty good as well, though not sure if they're worth the money. I've been outta the loop for a while so I can't really tell which is the best. Can someone help me?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only DSi compatible flashcarts I've tried are the Acekard 2i and the M3i Zero.

Acekard 2i is a fantastic barebones solution, it plays DS games with the basic perks of cheats and soft-reset, but has fantastic compatibility and speed.
AKAIO is an amazing firmware, without it Acekard would be pretty average.

M3i Zero...I hate it. I ordered mine, the first one came with a broken USB cable making it useless, so I had to order a second after gamezway ignored me.
When I finally flashed them, what I found was a flashcart with a nice looking firmware, but severe issues such as powering off in sleep mode, large slowdown, and other issues.
Granted it does have real time saving, etc, but at what cost? M3i Zero is worthless in my eyes.

I'm curious as to how well the iEdge works but I'd rather pass.

PopSmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The AceKard 2i is nice if you load AKAIO on it. If you can wait for a while and can spend the money I would seriously look into getting the SuperCard DSTwo when it's released.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
The only DSi compatible flashcarts I've tried are the Acekard 2i and the M3i Zero.

Acekard 2i is a fantastic barebones solution, it plays DS games with the basic perks of cheats and soft-reset, but has fantastic compatibility and speed.
AKAIO is an amazing firmware, without it Acekard would be pretty average.

M3i Zero...I hate it. I ordered mine, the first one came with a broken USB cable making it useless, so I had to order a second after gamezway ignored me.
When I finally flashed them, what I found was a flashcart with a nice looking firmware, but severe issues such as powering off in sleep mode, large slowdown, and other issues.
Granted it does have real time saving, etc, but at what cost? M3i Zero is worthless in my eyes.

I'm curious as to how well the iEdge works but I'd rather pass.

I'd have to agree with you on the Acekard and the iEDGE, but it should be noted that the M3i Zero is shakey. For people like me it works perfectly, but in some cases (like you, rupee) things go wrong. And the powering off in sleep mode has occured in other DSi flashcarts too and it's been confirmed that changing the microsd fixes the problem.

geokilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting. I thought the M3 was a pretty good cart, better than the Acekard. Guess I was wrong. And since the iTouch 2 is made by the M3 team, the same applies to it?

So it seems that it boils down to the Acekard 2i or Supercard DSTWOi.

The only time I've seen an iEdge is in a review.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's like this. If you want awesome features, like GBA emulation and awesome homebrew, but a heavy price, Get the Supercard. Barebones, amazing compatibility NDS with a cheap price, get the AceKard 2i.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
I'd have to agree with you on the Acekard and the iEDGE, but it should be noted that the M3i Zero is shakey. For people like me it works perfectly, but in some cases (like you, rupee) things go wrong. And the powering off in sleep mode has occured in other DSi flashcarts too and it's been confirmed that changing the microsd fixes the problem.
Well that's no excuse though.
I used my Acekard 2i's microSd in my M3i Zero for the brief time I had it.
Works perfectly in the AK2i, but the M3i was plagued with issues.

MicroSD incompatibility only adds to the M3i's lack of worth.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
geokilla said:
Interesting. I thought the M3 was a pretty good cart, better than the Acekard. Guess I was wrong. And since the iTouch 2 is made by the M3 team, the same applies to it?

So it seems that it boils down to the Acekard 2i or Supercard DSTWOi.

The only time I've seen an iEdge is in a review.

The EZ Flash Vi isn't bad either. And the M3 used to be a good cart, now many people would call it at best average. It was pretty good when the M3i Zero was first released but then it started to get worse over time.

RupeeClock said:
QUOTE(DeltaBurnt @ Apr 25 2010, 11:34 PM) I'd have to agree with you on the Acekard and the iEDGE, but it should be noted that the M3i Zero is shakey. For people like me it works perfectly, but in some cases (like you, rupee) things go wrong. And the powering off in sleep mode has occured in other DSi flashcarts too and it's been confirmed that changing the microsd fixes the problem.
Well that's no excuse though.
I used my Acekard 2i's microSd in my M3i Zero for the brief time I had it.
Works perfectly in the AK2i, but the M3i was plagued with issues.

MicroSD incompatibility only adds to the M3i's lack of worth.

I never did say it was an excuse, I'm just noting that was the cause of the problem.

And saying it's plagued with issues is a bit of an over statement. Like I said a lot of the issues you had I never experienced (and other people I know who have it didn't have the issues either).

I'm not trying to argue that the M3i Zero is really good, just that it's not the horrible cart you make it out to be
tongue.gif

geokilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like how the iTouch2 isn't even mentioned here haha. Guess it's worse than the M3i Zero? I saw the GBATemp review for it and it looks decent, but yea I'd take the Acekard 2i over it too.

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
ATM AK2i + AKAIO FTW. If the SCDS2 hype turns out to be true, that might edge out the Acekard with the GBA emulation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...