Hacking Best DSi flashcart?

darkdenizen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought an AceKard and it takes almost a minute to load up the folder with my games in it. I'm using a near-capacity 8 gig mind you. My CycloDS (for my DSL) opens everything up instantly, is there anything of that quality for the DSi?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
darkdenizen said:
I bought an AceKard and it takes almost a minute to load up the folder with my games in it. I'm using a near-capacity 8 gig mind you. My CycloDS (for my DSL) opens everything up instantly, is there anything of that quality for the DSi?

Then wait til the cyclo for the DSi is released :/ or try the new M3 coming out in a few days.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Mchief298 said:
darkdenizen said:

Then wait til the cyclo for the DSi is released :/ or try the new M3 coming out in a few days.

Is there cyclo DSi coming? or just a rumor? o.o

and second, i suggest you buy m3i zero.. =] and for my personal experience, i have ak2i but it doesnt take that too long to boot.. I dunno why is that... probably u have so many games on your game folder?

EDIT: or try reformatting the SD card using Panasonic formatter.. sometimes it solve some lag problems.. =D

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
darkdenizen said:
I bought an AceKard and it takes almost a minute to load up the folder with my games in it.

A minute to load up! I have an acekard also, running AKAIO on a class 6 8 gig card and it takes like 1 second to load. It is nearly full also. Something just sounds wrong with your setup...

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
darkdenizen said:

With AKAIO mine loads in about 1 sec. I have around 30 games per folder (C2 Sandisk 8GB at near capacity). Don't go bashing the Acekard just because YOU have a problem.

tylerxian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with TheDestroyer, you should try using a new flashcart, maybe even if you prefer the new M3i Zero. Or maybe you should just try a different MicroSDHC card, one with Class 6 speed.

darkdenizen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't mean to bash the AceKard for all you fanboys out there. Just with my experience with DSL flashcarts I just load the firmware from the site, put what I want, and I'm good to go. I'll try that different firmware and see how that turns out. So as an edit: "My AceKard setup SUCKS"

OH! And how can you tell what class card you have? I'm using a SanDisk 8GB.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
darkdenizen said:
Didn't mean to bash the AceKard for all you fanboys out there. Just with my experience with DSL flashcarts I just load the firmware from the site, put what I want, and I'm good to go. I'll try that different firmware and see how that turns out. So as an edit: "My AceKard setup SUCKS"

OH! And how can you tell what class card you have? I'm using a SanDisk 8GB.

I think you could tell it by looking at the card and see if there's any number in there like "(6)" that means its class 6.. or "(2)" that means its class 2..

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fanboy? Nope, not a fanboy. I have Acekard, Supercard, iTouch, M3, CycloDS, EZ, branded products.

I just stick with what works the best for my DS at the moment. I just don't like it when people immediately say something sucks because it doesn't work the way they expect it too. This is usually due to user error or general lack of understanding of the product. You were using the official firmware but if you've read the wiki or the posts in this forum you would have realized that AKAIO is the way to go as far as firmware is concerned.

If you want an alternative, the M3i Zero will be released on the 15th (preorders avalable now at Gamekool or Gamezway).

darkdenizen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick update! I put on the firmware you guys suggested and it works!! With little to no lag to open folders! Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate it! And I apologize if I came off as rash or whatever. I just figured the official firmware should be the best, I mean they made the card right? Either way thanks! I'ma go play some DSi now!

anime4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
darkdenizen said:
Just a quick update! I put on the firmware you guys suggested and it works!! With little to no lag to open folders! Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate it! And I apologize if I came off as rash or whatever. I just figured the official firmware should be the best, I mean they made the card right? Either way thanks! I'ma go play some DSi now!

Lol. Always keep your card update.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
darkdenizen said:
I just figured the official firmware should be the best, I mean they made the card right? Either way thanks! I'ma go play some DSi now!

You would think so. I'm just happy there are alternatives, otherwise the acekard would be pretty crappy. Glad you got it working.
smile.gif

darkdenizen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I need help again. (Really feeling noob-ish) I tried playing again today and now its stuck on the loading screen for some games. Why is this? And what info do you need to help. I'm using the firmware that that guy provided the link for and didn't change anything. I mean folders open quickly now...but games don't. Whats up?

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
darkdenizen said:
OK I need help again. (Really feeling noob-ish) I tried playing again today and now its stuck on the loading screen for some games. Why is this? And what info do you need to help. I'm using the firmware that that guy provided the link for and didn't change anything. I mean folders open quickly now...but games don't. Whats up?
Did you update the loaders? You should check out the AKAIO wiki. It's a sticky on the Acekard board.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1