• Start date
  • Views 16,612
  • Replies 15
I

ince

OP
anyone know what a good DS renamer is

i have tried Rominator and Offlinelist.

i have found that both do not find some games which i clearly have in the folder but the programs dont seem to see them eg no 32 and 33.

also the dat i am using for Offlinelist is very out of date so anyone know an decent ones

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i'm using offline list with the ds dat from
http://www.advanscene.com/

works pretty well. they are only adding scene releases to their db
smile.gif

and they're up to date

n3rd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
For me the best is NDSCRC

It uses advanscene release list

each release list have little difference if you rom is not detect by a dat (release list fileDB) try another

for exemple some dat prefer to take dump made by an independent team while other prefer an "official" dumper :o)

ahh roms need to be zipped the different renamer for NDS roms cannot read CRC alone :o)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I'm gonna sound like a smartass, but the best ROM renamer for me is right-click, rename.
blink.gif

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Acekard rpg in that new firmware have an option of vieving name from games data (at least it looks like that).like you could name game 1111.nds and with that view it would have normal name.

NDSFreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Well we have a problem with the updates at ADVANsCEne for the moment, the problem is bigger then we tought in the first place. There's a fight between Telia and Cogent. Cogent blocked Telia (our network provider in Sweden) from accessing their network in USA because they couldn't strike a deal for upgrading the capacity and the payment for that or something.
You can read more Here: "The War"

By the way we try to update with alternate ways but it will be slower as the main updater don't have access to the site
frown.gif

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Rayder said:
I know I'm gonna sound like a smartass, but the best ROM renamer for me is right-click, rename.
blink.gif

Yeah, just copy and paste the name from GBATemp or where ever, replace the ':' with a '-', add the '(Region)' and complete!

Rominator needs to update its database in order to find and rename the latest releases. I think the latest update goes to ROM #2169.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
NDSFreak said:
Well we have a problem with the updates at ADVANsCEne for the moment, the problem is bigger then we tought in the first place. There's a fight between Telia and Cogent. Cogent blocked Telia (our network provider in Sweden) from accessing their network in USA because they couldn't strike a deal for upgrading the capacity and the payment for that or something.

By the way we try to update with alternate ways but it will be slower as the main updater don't have access to the site
frown.gif
That sucks...
Telia has never been good, just fail.

4playgaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those people saying the best method of renaming games are missing the point of programs that do it for you. Imagine manually renaming 10,000 MP3 files manually versus running an application that will do it by itself..

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
4playgaming said:
Those people saying the best method of renaming games are missing the point of programs that do it for you. Imagine manually renaming 10,000 MP3 files manually versus running an application that will do it by itself..
That, and renaming progs check hash values of the ROMs to ensure you have proper versions, e.g. not hacked or bad ROMs. Nothing beats a ROM renamer prog.

Personally I use NdsCRC because of the pretty pictures and coolness of the program.

gyljen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NDSFreak said:

frown.gif

Is there any way to manually download the ADVANsCEne release list? I'm stuck on rom 2104
frown.gif

/jonas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-