• Other

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

yankees26eac92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its just a matter of time before another great card that will blow it out of the water. But right now. I don't think there is any argument that it is the best card.

Nikolia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hearing the cyclo is heavy on battery use, I'm gonna go with SCDS1 for my new ds-lite as my old Supercard-CF is still serving me well today. I just trust Supercard more.

Enter260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nikolia said:
I'm hearing the cyclo is heavy on battery use, I'm gonna go with SCDS1 for my new ds-lite as my old Supercard-CF is still serving me well today. I just trust Supercard more.
good choice. it's funny how people bash the r4/m3 simply because it's old but out of all the cards i have owned, it has given me the least amount of problems.

diglett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yankees26eac92 said:
Its just a matter of time before another great card that will blow it out of the water.

What else do you think these cards are going to do? We already have incredible cheat support, perfect ROM compatibility and excellent homebrew support without the need for patching and you get it for less than buying even a single DS title.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've owned both a Cyclo and R4 for some time, and I like the Cyclo much more. Easy to use and solid. Haven't noticed a difference between the two when it comes to battery life.

yankees26eac92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something can always be improved. As long as we are talking about best flashcards, does anyone know how good the supercard ds one sdhc is. I'm thinking about getting it because my firecard is good but its not great.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yankees26eac92 said:
Something can always be improved. As long as we are talking about best flashcards, does anyone know how good the supercard ds one sdhc is. I'm thinking about getting it because my firecard is good but its not great.
I have one. It's a great cart, really. However, you might want something faster than a Sandisk card. Sandisk cards freeze every once in awhile. Not so many times that it's unplayable, but just every once in awhile.

But it's really great. It has a never ending support (The Supercard team is known for never stopping support for any product), Great features, 99% game compatibility.

For more info, check my profile, and there should be a review right under it.

heliuscc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've read all the posts and I have:
R4, DSTT, Acekard 2, CycloDS and M3 DS Real. For my 5 yr old son the M3 real is ideal, he loves playing both GBA and NDS games with the perfect pack. I also love the cycloDS, great support and they replaced my faulty card no questions. But the acekard 2 with a 3in1 with the Bliss loader is the one for me, it's fast and it works and it cost £22 total plus £12 for a 4GB kingston SDHC card. I can play GBA games straight from the loader and it's the fastest card I've got. For young kids the DSTT and R4 are great cards as they are easy to work for the youngsters and when my mate's kids need a card I get them one or the other, DSTT lately because of the price. But for older people I'd go for the AK2 lately again due to price. I personally don't think there is one overall 'best' card, there are some great cards out there and some are better than others for specific groups of people, kids, adults and enthusiasts, depends what you're after. I don't use RTS on the cyclo and lately I've been using the AK2 for it's speed and I like the GUI/OS.

tribbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard the Cyclo evo lacks when it comes to cheats, as in it cannot even match the r4/m3s cheat engine because of size restrictions... is this true? cause i certainly not paying premium for that.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Will you please make one of these for slot 2 devices. I'd love to see the poll from that one
smile.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tribbles said:
I heard the Cyclo evo lacks when it comes to cheats, as in it cannot even match the r4/m3s cheat engine because of size restrictions... is this true? cause i certainly not paying premium for that.
It's true, however, there's no denying that it's a top-notch card.

D00B33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
tribbles said:
It's true, however, there's no denying that it's a top-notch card.

Interesting, so what stuff does cyclo have that sets it apart ? The only cool feature I know of is RTS, but the Supercard also has this.

btw i checked the big cheat thread and downloaded the latest .dat files and it seems true, the cycloevo dat file is less than half the size of the others ??

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
One of the main things about CycloDS is it's amazing quality for the flash cart!! It has one of the nicest fast, responsive GUI, and it has RTS (soon to come in-game-text reader)..and most of all, great team to back it all up..The team that is most known for listening their users, and most active forums..

Other than that..It's same as every other "better" flash cart..

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
m3 lite is the only card listed I think that'll play all nds and gba without needing a hardware expansion (you do need to flash your DS for this tho)

Chingford

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first post, but I've been lurking for a few weeks. After reading many threads I was torn between the scds1-sdhc and cyclo and was really convinced that the cyclo was the way to go with such glowing references from many posters. But I went in the end for the scds1-sdhc and wow I'm glad I did !!

I put the bliss multi os loader on straight away along with the updated sc-sp3 software and 1.10 ttds and the latest Yasu menu, I updated the cheats for the supercard menu from sccheats.co.uk and updated the cheats for dstt/y's menu from the 'big cheat' thread here. I will say tho that the scds1 menu is weird for the first few minutes untill you get the hang of it, but once i flipped the screens (L+A) and could navigate via the pen i was well away, set the mem speed to the reccomended 28 for my fat16 2gb kingston japan card, and then saved.

verdict The dam thing rox, i can't belive how good it is, it blows my old R4 clean away, so many functions and options via the 3 menus, tried about 40 roms icluding all the well known fussy ones and so far all work and save flawlessly on all 3 os's, i renamed the roms to 8.3 format to avoid any trouble having read up about it. The choice of cheats is mental, I'm used to both cheat systems having owned supercard-lite and an r4, and having both sytems in one is so cool. RTS rox, multi save is cool too along with other functions like real time guide which i'm use to using anyway from my supercard-lite. Also i have to say as far as build quality goes it's flawless, it's looks good, feels solid and sturdy and I love the spring/click memory card slot, it feels much nicer than the r4 one, and nothing sticks out and it all fits flush and perfectly.

I firmly belive the cyclo couldn't have offered me anything better, and becuse i love my cheats i'm certainly glad i didn't choose that route after reading recently how the cyclo is dogged by a poor restricted cheat engine, and hell, I would of been pissed if i got a cyclo where the mem card sits out, which seems very common.

Anyway, my vote certainly goes to supercard OS1 (yeh i got one with the OS label on from dx). I can see how people who are not computer confident may have trouble with the scds1, since to get the most out of it you do need to know what you are doing.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First of all,
Welcome to GBAtemp

You made a good choice choosing the SCDS1, and good job doing your research before posting threads about "which card should i get" etc.
Btw, don't be worried about your spring unlike the first generation of R4's all springs in flashcarts now are very sturdy.

And to be on topic,
I'd say that the Cyclo is the #1 card overall out of all the cards but the SCDS1 is better value since its half the price of the cyclo and has most of the features that the cyclo has.

funnoam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The CycloDS Evolution win (at least...)

For me, it is the best linker (perfect compatibility, real time save, slowmotion...) and it is simply !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...