Best DS Flash-Card

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Ocarina, Feb 16, 2008.

?

What is the best DS Flash-Card?

1. M3DS-Real

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. G6DS-Real

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. CycloDS Evolution

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. R4DS

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. DSTT

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. AceKard R.P.G

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. G6-Lite

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. SuperCard DSone

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  9. M3DS-Simply

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. M3-Lite

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. DS-X

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Passcard-3 with a GBA Flash-Card

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Other

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Feb 16, 2008

Best DS Flash-Card by Ocarina at 11:09 AM (102,311 Views / 0 Likes) 141 replies

1. Ocarina
    OP

Newcomer Ocarina Advanced Member

Australia
    What do you think the best DS Flash-Card is?

Here is a list of Cards to help make your decision: [​IMG]

M3DS-Real
    G6DS-Real
    CycloDS Evolution
    R4DS
    DSTT
    AceKard R.P.G
    G6-Lite
    SuperCard DSone
    M3DS-Simply
    M3-Lite
    DS-X
    Passcard-3 with a GBA Flash-Card

[​IMG]

2. Agjsdfd

Member Agjsdfd My title

After all my experience about flashcarts, I Pick "CylcoDS Evo" to be the best.

3. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Cyclo is easily the best in the list. SDHC support, 100% download play and game compatibility, the team actually listens and responds to their users very frequently, and awesome special features are in it, and with RTS in beta.

The runner up is SCDSONE SDHC. Amazing features, much cheaper than Cyclo, and the team has updates quite often. It's the first cart to have a 'near perfect' RTS.

4. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    CycloDS Evolution is by far the best in my opinion. It has what none of the other carts have, what I like to call polish. Everything is finished off nicely, professionally, there are no bugs and the few that do appear are fixed very quickly. The team are active, responsive and have active English forums.

You won't regret buying one.

5. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    I'd have to go with Sinkhead on this one. Spot on!

Though I am using my Acekard RPG more than the Cyclo simply because I find it easier to transfer using USB for testing homebrew and games.

6. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

It depends mainly on the user's needs, which determines the choice in categories such as price and support, if you wanted good support for compatibility as well as help and updates without too much regard for the price the CycloDS is probably a good choice.

If you want something that can play a few games without wanting too much features but want it to be cheap you might want a DSTT or an R4 for example.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    the cyclods is an amazing cart except for the 30 some % failure rate lately, but i would still choose an acekard rpg over it any day, and i have done so...

8. sueil

Newcomer sueil Advanced Member

United States
    The new hardware version they introduced in December doesn't have a 30% failure rate. The old models sure that might be a fair number. The new ones though failure is pretty much non existant.

9. cutterjohn

Member cutterjohn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well, since I only actually own a Cyclo DS Evolution (still waiting for my replacement, which was held up by the lunar new year) and a SCDS1 SDHC, I went with the Evolution as the GUI was faster, and it loaded ROMs/apps more quickly.

The SCDS1 SDHC is a close second place finisher as it also support realtime saves, AND (my favorite) soft-reset from just about all homebrew as well as ROMs. Major drawback being that it's a bit slower GUIwise and loading ROMs/apps, as well as using a database for save sizes. Also, a few games will ONLY work in "clean" mode(no patches) which means that it'll use the PSRAM to save games which will then be copied to the uSD when next reset or powered on.

10. Homebare

Newcomer Homebare Member

Ireland
    it is the R4ds , m3simply good and M3-Lite very good [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] fuck all the other DS Flash-Card

11. George290506

Member George290506 GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    SC DS ONE SDHC OF COURSE! [​IMG]

Supercard is the only Flashcart Company that was accused (Year 2005 and before) for using External Memory (Memory Card) and today ALL are doing the same.
    Supercard is the only Flashcart Company that updates its software for all the Cards frequently and they are durable for enough time. Rarely you meet new games that cannot be played. It has been a long time since the last that couldn't and it was fixed very soon.
    Lastly, Supercard is would be the Flashcart Company that may introduce new software that adds something more to the game. Remember RealTimeSave on 05/12/2007 - 1st of all companies.

12. IBNobody

Member IBNobody I try to keep myself amused.

United States
    Until Team Cyclops updates their $#%# firmware, I'm not recommending the CycloDS Evo.

The biggest features of the cart DON'T WORK on at least two newer releases. I can't vouch for any other games, but I can say for certain that the in-game-reset menu (with real-time save) cannot be accessed in Advance Wars: Days of Ruin or Professor Layton and the Bi-Curious Village.

13. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I don't know if it's the best..But I'm a M3 user for a long time, and if you're satisfied with 2 GB of space, and want a fast card with nice GUI, for playing NDS games and some homebrew, M3 Simply or R4 are the best you could find..
    As for SDHC support (over 2 GB of space) and GBA compatibility (via slot 2 expansion), I'm using M3 Real. People are saying that there are some better cards, but I can only say that I'm completely satisfied with the Real, M3 Team is great, and I'm sticking with them..

14. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    I couldn't agree more, the support from SC is pretty phenominal... I still use a SC-CF in the old Phattie and it performs excently (@100% DS compatabilty inc the vanias) still all these years on.

You can be sure the that the SCDS-1 will keep improving for a while yet. (they should drop the moonshell interface though... edit IMO)

15. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    They're good, but none of them have SDHC support, and none of them has the special features....

16. Grimalkin

Member Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Canada
    Obviously the best flashcart out there has to be the DS-X. It has the best compatibility and team support (Oh wait...)

My vote goes to the CycloDS Evolution, I would pick SCDS1 as a close second.

17. innercy

Member innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

i'm gonna vote for supercard dsone...

18. Volsfan91

Member Volsfan91 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    And I'm going to call you psychotic.

19. jaggymaster

Newcomer jaggymaster Newbie

Bahamas, The

And I'm going to call you an R4 owner....LOL @R4 crapness and support

20. cutterjohn

Member cutterjohn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yes. The problematic ROMs, one of which is Puzzle Quest US version, will ONLY work correctly IF all patching is disabled. I tried all of the combinations before just disabling patching for it altogether, and there is already a thread(several now) about it on the official forums. I can't remember what the other problem ROMs were offhand, but IIRC they also had threads on the official forum(compatibility forum, and someone started another one in the help forum the other week).