Hacking Best card to buy? I have 2 3DS XL'S with FW 9.4.0-21

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it was a observation, merely my opinion of that it would be difficult to navigate to the game you want to play "at your tips quickly" ...ok you go back to that mess :P

Patience..

Now..back to playing my 3ds games while sippin some Newcastle Brown Ale :lol:

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
OP
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
Patience..

Now..back to playing my 3ds games while sippin some Newcastle Brown Ale :lol:
You drink that stuff? haha I live 50 miles from Newcastle. Went there the past 3 months too for a couple of events like WWE Live etc. It's a poor seller in this country now. Does it have the real logo on it?

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You drink that stuff? haha I live 50 miles from Newcastle. Went there the past 3 months too for a couple of events like WWE Live etc. It's a poor seller in this country now. Does it have the real logo on it?

looks like the real logo... the same logo Newcastle had on their shirts in the 90s.

3DSGamerWorld.Com

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both have several digital download games on them and I own many games too. About 30 in total.

Didn't realize 3DS rom games were playable now via a card, so iv'e kind of been wasting my money buying games i wouldn't normally consider purchasing. I'll always buy worthy games though.

Anyway back to the subject, which is the best card currently to buy? Sky3DS blue?

I own 2x DS Two's already which 1 is used on a old DS Lite and the other whenever on either XL.

SKY3DS is best flash card for 3DS V9.4.
Gateway 3ds support 3ds v4.1~v9.2
DSTWO Plus team didn't release news,maybe it will not support 3ds 9.4.

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
she's on 9.4

QQ3ds is also an option, but I dunno if it's actually a real thing anymore.
Also maybe dstwo+, but again not sure if real anymore.

Just a heads up about QQ3DS, it seems to be yet another Sky3DS clone, just like R5SDHC and K3DS.

Still, it's nice if you want that functionality but don't want to give the people who made Sky3DS any money. That's why I'm a proud owner of an R5SDHC.

msdz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just purchased the Sky3DS a few days ago. I like how easy it is to use. So far it works perfectly on my updated 2DS & only had one issue with it. The microSD card I had bought to use with it did not work properly in the Sky3DS. Seems like Sandisk microSD cards are the best choice as of now to use. If a person wants just to play without a lot of complicated features the Sky3DS is perfect, just load the 3DS games onto a microSD put it in the 2DS or 3DS & then hit a button to switch games.

Reactions: Ralph1611

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just purchased the Sky3DS a few days ago. I like how easy it is to use. So far it works perfectly on my updated 2DS & only had one issue with it. The microSD card I had bought to use with it did not work properly in the Sky3DS. Seems like Sandisk microSD cards are the best choice as of now to use. If a person wants just to play without a lot of complicated features the Sky3DS is perfect, just load the 3DS games onto a microSD put it in the 2DS or 3DS & then hit a button to switch games.

I use an 8GB Kingston and a 32GB Samsung with my R5SDHC. They both work fine.

Just make sure you check every MicroSD card you buy with H2testw, or something like it. There's a lot of fake cards going around.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go with Gateway, but you need a 3DS with firmware 9.2

So either trade a friend your 3DS for theirs if they're on 9.2

Or sell your 3DS on Ebay, and buy one at 9.2

msdz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use an 8GB Kingston and a 32GB Samsung with my R5SDHC. They both work fine.

Just make sure you check every MicroSD card you buy with H2testw, or something like it. There's a lot of fake cards going around.

I seen on the Sky3DS website in their FAQ's to swap out my microSD card out with the issue I was having.
I could play the first game I installed on the microSD card but the LED light constantly flashed & I could not switch to a different games by hitting the blue button. I had started a thread as well asking for other Sky3DS users to post their experiences with different microSD cards. That way others won't waste money as I had done on microSD cards that are not compatible.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/microsd-cards-that-work-or-dont-work-on-sky3ds.378273/#post-5272656

wendeng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up about QQ3DS, it seems to be yet another Sky3DS clone, just like R5SDHC and K3DS.

Still, it's nice if you want that functionality but don't want to give the people who made Sky3DS any money. That's why I'm a proud owner of an R5SDHC.
What is the difference between sky3ds and r5sdhc and why are the clones more expensive then the original

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seen on the Sky3DS website in their FAQ's to swap out my microSD card out with the issue I was having.
I could play the first game I installed on the microSD card but the LED light constantly flashed & I could not switch to a different games by hitting the blue button. I had started a thread as well asking for other Sky3DS users to post their experiences with different microSD cards. That way others won't waste money as I had done on microSD cards that are not compatible.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/microsd-cards-that-work-or-dont-work-on-sky3ds.378273/#post-5272656

I saw that thread, but I kind of brushed it off since there have been a lot of threads about cards that don't work with Sky3DS, and apart from cards 2GB and below not working, it's been pretty unanimous that the problem is fake cards that don't store nearly as much data as what they advertise.

The idea that brand compatibility with MicroSDs just seems bizarre to me, as I've never seen such a thing in all the time I've been using them. I consider that topic to be (probably) based on faulty assumptions that, since one MicroSD of one specific brand doesn't work, the entire brand has problems with it. When has that ever been a thing?

3DSGamerWorld.Com

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to use good quality micro SD card,i recommend class 10 micro sd card.

Reactions: msdz

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
OP
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
I think I will buy 2x new 3DS XL's, they ship with 9.0 fw apparently, and can then do system transfesr to the new 3ds xl's? or will it try installing the new firmware? Could then format the old XL's and get shot of them and buy the gateway cards...... sounds a workable plan right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?