Hacking Best card for system emulation?

scottw182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the "what is the best card" threads are frowned upon here, but I did read the sticky and it only seemed to address how well each one plays the DS games. I want to know which cards are the best for emulating other systems. I want to be able to emulate NES, SNES, GEN, GB, and GBC. Are they all pretty much the same, or does it vary?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's always going to be the DSTWO as it's extra processing power is idea for emulators.

You just have to wait for them to be updated to take advantage of it.

Take Sonic Classic Collection, it runs much more fluidly on the DSi because it's able to make use of the DSi's improved processor speed. Unless DSi mode gets jail broken (could take forever), DSTWO is your only real choice for decent emulation.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
It's always going to be the DSTWO as it's extra processing power is idea for emulators.

Yeah, the SCDS2 is the only option of emulating things like SNES games and GBA games, while also playing NDS roms.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
tk_saturn said:

Yeah, the SCDS2 is the only option of emulating things like SNES games and GBA games, while also playing NDS roms.

Any flashcart can emulate SNES games with the homebrew emulator. The DSTwo doesn't even have the SNES emulator yet, nor have they mentioned how the extra processing power will make things more interesting.

@OP: I was planning on adding a section for the DSTwo and one of it's major features would be the good emulation. The reason it doesn't really tackle emulation is because, besides for the DSTwo which can emulate GBA, it's the same for every flashcart.

scottw182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
Slyakin said:
tk_saturn said:

Any flashcart can emulate SNES games with the homebrew emulator. The DSTwo doesn't even have the SNES emulator yet, nor have they mentioned how the extra processing power will make things more interesting.

@OP: I was planning on adding a section for the DSTwo and one of it's major features would be the good emulation. The reason it doesn't really tackle emulation is because, besides for the DSTwo which can emulate GBA, it's the same for every flashcart.

Yeah, I'm not even concerned with the DSTwo's built-in GBA emulator, as I'm just going to us an EZ Flash, and unless they can do SNES emulation better than SnemulDS, I don't care about that either. The extra processing power sounds interesting, and makes sense to me that it would improve emulation, but you're saying it won't necessarily do that?

When you said you were going to add a section for the DSTwo and mention it's "good emulation", were you just referring to it's ability to emulate GBA and SNES on it's own?

Should I just go for an Acekard 2 for now, and then down the road, after updates, if the DSTwo is proven to run emulators better, switch to that?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
scottw182 said:
Should I just go for an Acekard 2 for now, and then down the road, after updates, if the DSTwo is proven to run emulators better, switch to that?
The SNES emulator is supposed to come out relatively soon, so if you're curious about it, you might as well wait a bit and see.

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
scottw182 said:
Yeah, I'm not even concerned with the DSTwo's built-in GBA emulator, as I'm just going to us an EZ Flash, and unless they can do SNES emulation better than SnemulDS, I don't care about that either. The extra processing power sounds interesting, and makes sense to me that it would improve emulation, but you're saying it won't necessarily do that?

The hardware of the system running the emulator must be significantly more powerful than the system being emulated in software. The NDS basically amounts to a ARM9@67mhz (DS Mode), this severely limits coding a usable emulator for more power hungry systems (e.g. SNES GBA). I can already say the SCTWO SNES emulator with the help of the extra included processing power will work much better than SnemulDS. This will hold true for any emulator enhanced with the SCTWO processor, and the devkit is set to be released sometime soon...in short the SCTWO is more emulator friendly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-