Best Browser and Adware Blocker

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently using firefox and ublock (was adaware+). is there something better? 'cause I'm still getting slow internet due to ads.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
You could just sinkhole ad servers with your hosts file. Here's mine from my phone that was generated by AdAway. I have some custom lists that block malicious domains and those notorious for aggressive pops as well. Remove the extension before replacing your current one, of course.

Attachments

• hosts.txt
    3.2 MB · Views: 465
Reactions: godreborn

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you use "uBlock Origin"? The old version without "Origin" is abandoned. Also make sure it is correctly configured. For me Ads are not loaded at all and pages load noticeably faster. uBlock Origin catches almost everything.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I'll try that. it could be my imagination, but I'm so used to windows 7 and its seamless transitions on the internet or general. windows 10 seems like so much bloatware that it ends up slowing things down as this is the second pc to do this on windows 10. I thought it might be something wrong with my pc or an app I had installed, but two pc's? and, the fact that I have next to nothing installed sense I'm a minimalist?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks. I'm starting to think it's my imagination. aside from windows 10 and firefox, everything is different between these two pc's. however, my original pc was definitely slower on the internet. it seems that the more graphics on a page, the slower it loads, so I had assumed it was my gpu unless this is normal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz