Best battery extender/grip that allows CPP? (3DS)

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Smashbro29, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Smashbro29
    OP

Smashbro29 GBAtemp Fan

May 25, 2009
    United States
    I'm looking for a battery extender that comes with somewhat more of a grip that will still allow me to use the CPP.

Suggestions?

2. RomAnOCrY

RomAnOCrY GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2011
    France
    All batery extender use the back of 3DS device...
    All are bigger than the original one...

3. Commoner

Commoner GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2013
    You could get a usb charger cable for the 3DS like the one below :

http://www.amazon.com/POWER-CHARGER...=UTF8&qid=1398434717&sr=8-11&keywords=3ds+usb

Then you would be able to just plug it into any usb compatible portable battery charger designed for mobile phones and tablets to extend the battery life of your 3DS.

Something like the one below would be fine :

http://www.amazon.com/Poweradd-trad...d=1398434990&sr=8-5&keywords=Portable+battery

Since the 3DS has a 1300 mAH battery (1750 mAH for 3DS XL) even a smaller 5200 mAH battery pack like the one in the link above should multiply your battery life by a factor of 5.

Since the 3ds can run for roughly 5 hours while playing 3ds games, this would mean you should now be able to have 25 hours of gaming time.

If you're not too concerned about portability, you could even multiply your battery life by almost 20 by using one of those bigger 20,000+ mAH battery packs. Those are probably about as big as the 3DS itself though.

This would mean you'd be able to play 3ds games for more than 4 whole days uninterrupted, without stopping for sleep or food. A bit overkill if you ask me :ha:

julialy likes this.
  4. bartimeaus91

bartimeaus91 Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.

Banned
    Apr 4, 2014
    United States
    Nope. Nope. No. You do realise what you're asking for right?

Extended battery that works with CPP means the physical dimensions of the 3DS remains unchanged. This in turn means a greater capacity stuffed into the same sized. It's like asking for a double decker burger in a single deck.

Can't be done.

5. Commoner

Commoner GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2013
    The replacement battery for the 3DS in the link below is rated at 2000 mAH. Given that this rating is accurate, this battery should give you a modest 35% boost in battery life over the stock 1300 mAH 3DS battery without adding any extra bulk.

http://www.dx.com/p/replacement-rec...rewdriver-for-nintendo-3ds-65064#.U18Wvn8aySM

There is also a version for the 3DS XL that is rated at 2500 mAH which should roughly equate to a 30% improvement in battery life over the stock 1750 mAH battery that comes with the 3DS XL without adding any extra bulk.

http://www.dx.com/p/replacement-3-7...endo-3ds-xl-console-black-207008#.U18a_38aySM

These are fairly modest improvements that will allow you to play for an additional 1 to 2 hours depending on the type of unit you own and the settings you use while playing. Then again, you can't really expect much when you aren't really allowed to add any additional bulk to the 3DS unit.

I personally think the best solution is still to get a USB charging cable and just hook up the 3DS to a portable battery charger as I posted previously. You could just plug-in the the cord and leave the battery on a table or next to you on the seat while playing. If you absolutely need to move around while playing, you could just stick the battery charger in your pocket or something.

6. Smashbro29
    OP

Smashbro29 GBAtemp Fan

May 25, 2009
    United States
    I need the grip as well.

The thing is too small to use on a consistent basis, especially the dpad.

7. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    I would be shocked if anything DX sells gives you the battery capacity it claims to give you. They sell a lot of fakes, phoneys, and frauds.

8. klim28

klim28 Hunter4Life

Jul 24, 2010
    LocLac village...
    I suggest using a power bank + usb cable. So you can still use your grip.

9. Smashbro29
    OP

Smashbro29 GBAtemp Fan

May 25, 2009
    United States
    I don't really want one of those specialized grips, just a battery pack that makes it slightly larger but allows for the CCP.

10. bartimeaus91

Banned
    Apr 4, 2014
    United States
    Once again, nothing like what you're asking for exists.

If you're good with your hands it MIGHT be possible to mod a CCP to have a built in battery. But you can't have a "battery pack that makes it slightly larger but allows for the CCP"

11. Smashbro29
    OP

Smashbro29 GBAtemp Fan

May 25, 2009
    United States
    Damn slackers at Nintendo and various accessories manufacturers.

12. bartimeaus91

Banned
    Apr 4, 2014
    United States
    Erm. No.

You can't physically fit a larger battery into the same space without exponentially increasing the costs. Even then you would only be able to add a little bit more to the battery.

For instance, someone can make a 10% larger capacity battery but it would costs 300% more. Would you buy it? No.

13. Smashbro29
    OP

Smashbro29 GBAtemp Fan

May 25, 2009
    United States

They have a million of these grip/battery or just battery things I just want one that fits a CCP.

14. julialy

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Sorry, no such thing exists on the market, you will have to mod it yourself.

15. AceWarhead

AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

Apr 9, 2011
    United States
    Smashbro29 likes this.
  16. Smashbro29
    OP

Smashbro29 GBAtemp Fan

May 25, 2009
    United States
  17. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    What the hell is a CPP?

18. oji

oji GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2012
    Serbia, Republic of
    In Soviet Russia you're the Location
  19. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Sorry, I hate acronyms. and what games even use that ridiculously huge device?

20. oji

oji GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2012
    Serbia, Republic of
    In Soviet Russia you're the Location
    Not much of:
    • Monster Hunter 3G
    • Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy (Japanese version only)
    • Resident Evil: Revelations
    • Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
    • Kid Icarus: Uprising
    • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
    • Dynasty Warriors VS
    • Nano Assault EX
    • Samurai Warriors Chronicles 2nd
    • Steel Diver: Sub Wars
    This device is pretty comfortable, especially if your hands are big. Nintendo should release support of the right trigger remapping for non-supported titles, it's will be the best hand grip (imho, of course).