Best Anti-Virus so far?

Fluto

A potato in disguise
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My Pc wont run many programs such as steam or skype out of no where and my Trend micro Subscription expired
Is the any other Anti-virus (or whatever) program to fix my pc now and protect for the future.

Doesn't matter if its free or not i have my ways of geting it
tpi.gif

I dont like norton (too many Ads about it), Trend micro (too annoying / glitchy).
avast makes too much noise.

Any suggestions?

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Microsoft Security Essentials.

It's free, lightweight, doesn't bother you with useless notifications, gets rid of every virus and it's my favorite Anti-Virus app!

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
mezut360 said:
Wow too many ones can someone say which one would be good there's too many opinions.
tongue.gif
Try Kapersky.
And are you really Australian? Your English is quite bad.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Norton would be fine if it wasn't overall, a pile of crap.

I personally use Microsoft Security Essentials. It has done a fine job.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Jax said:

It's free, lightweight, doesn't bother you with useless notifications, gets rid of every virus and it's my favorite Anti-Virus app!
Seconded, compared to every other anti-malware tool, it runs the lightest and integrates into windows the best.

Plus Microsoft have an advantage, as they get sent bug-reports from viruses in production (don't believe me? google it).

antimalware.jpg

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
Jax said:

It's free, lightweight, doesn't bother you with useless notifications

+1

Also, I haven't had a single false positive (one time with a different antivirus, most of the internet (no joke) was blocked because it was 'infected'.
Sadly, I got my first false positive from MSE today, Metal Slug Collection for PC crack and MSE went off it's head complaining it was a level 4 infection, clicked read more, and it said they have never seen the file, lol, suprisingly though, AVG didn't pick it up as anything.

And for anyone wondering, I'm running AVG and MSE at the same time and I know this can be a bad idea because of conflicts, but I've never had a single conflict apart from one time when they both detected a trojan and I got rid of it using MSE and AVG just froze so I had to end all AVG's processes, nothing other than that though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill