Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what do people feel is the best grip for this system?

Circle Pad Pro XL
http://www.amazon.com/Circle-Pad-Pro-Nintendo-Accessory-Included/dp/B009LGO88E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424291164&sr=8-1&keywords=circle pad pro xl
+adds second analog stick and zr & zl
+makes the system more comfortable to hold
-triggers, analog stick, and R button dont work in games that dont support it
-blocks stylus access
-requires battery

Cyber Grip XL
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008ZXBYJU...TF8&colid=3D18YJS36XLTW&coliid=I1632TP95YITPN
+comfortable rubber grip
+cheap
+can hold 2 extra carts
-blocks stylus access
-clip breaks easily

Gametech Grip XL
http://www.amazon.com/GAMETECH-Vari..._sim_vg_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=1ARVN4CP11MNM8GW144C
+can change the size of hand grips
+triggers work on any game
+external stylus holder
-feels flimsy

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd probably go with the Cyber Grip. It looks the comfiest (which is the main selling point IMO), inexpensive, holds 2 games, etc. I never use the stylus anyway, not sure about you.

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm still leaning towards the circle pad pro mainly because of the mm and mh4u support, the r button (on the 3ds not the grip) is still reachable for games that dont support it but it will be a strech

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking the circle pad pro too, but it takes AAA batteries which is absurd, plus the grip isn't as good as the cyber grip. And then on games that don't us the circle pad you have to reach over it for nothing, don't do it.

I have the cyber grip xl and it's super boss except the little clip that clips in on the bottom busted off like the 2nd time I put the 3ds in but it still works fine without the clip, only falling out a couple times on me. It's cheap, and you can hold your DS cart in the back. Also the triggers feel weird at first, kinda too far, but it's easy to get used to.

phazonknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought one of these things and have been pretty happy with it so far. It's solid, doesn't block the stylus, and has responsive trigger buttons. The cartridge slot cover thing was pretty flimsy though, so I just threw it away.

How long was the ship time for this? and does it work with MH4?

EDIT: is there another site to get this from? After checkup the price goes from $7.99 to $21.49 and the seller and I both live in Canada so that is a bit ridiculous

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the item ships from hk, the seller is just reselling the item for profit from some hk shop
he doesnt actually own the item
when you buy it he will place an order from the shop and ship it to you and pocket the extra

that grip looks very similar to the Gametech grip except the handles arnt changeable

phazonknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the item ships from hk, the seller is just reselling the item for profit from some hk shop
he doesnt actually own the item
when you buy it he will place an order from the shop and ship it to you and pocket the extra

that grip looks very similar to the Gametech grip except the handles arnt changeable

OOOOO well forget that then lol thanks for clarifying!

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-requires battery

I don't think it's fair to count those as negatives, as the others don't even have those features, let alone have them work in unsupported games, and the battery thing is, again, only for using features that the others don't even have. It'll still work as a grip without the battery.

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-requires battery

I don't think it's fair to count those as negatives, as the others don't even have those features, let alone have them work in unsupported games, and the battery thing is, again, only for using features that the others don't even have. It'll still work as a grip without the battery.
imo they should just have released a fw update to allow it to work on all games
say for some game that doesnt have support for the cpp, the firmware would detect this and it would just change the inputs on the adapter so that pressing ZL=L and ZR=R, at the very least they should have still enabled the R button regardless of game

and the battery, while it does have a long battery life they should have instead made it should it plugs into the 3DS charging port and takes power from there instead, and put another charging port on the outside of the unit
would have solved that fairly easily

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just bought a cppxl for $21, should be here on tuesday
if I dont like it I can just resell it for pretty much the same exact price ( maybe $5 more given the higher demand XD )

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it and its pretty nice, bulky and will take a little getting used too but the "R" button stretch isnt too bad, could probably build some sort of adapter
also the loose volume slider I dont have worry about now since the side of my hand cant touch it when using the grip
Thing that set me from the cryber grip was the poor quality clip

anyway now onto a different problem
the slide pad on my 3ds is slippery as hell, its worse when using the grip
is fairly worn down, guess I could just switch the cpp circle pad with it but its still offers very little grip
I really dont want to spend $12 to buy rubber grip caps that "might" work, but most buyers just say they slide right off after a while
I saw some non original ones that were all plastic (no rubber) and they do say it has a textured surface
http://www.amazon.com/ValueDeluxe-N...F8&qid=1424896064&sr=8-10&keywords=circle+pad

Canadacdn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
is fairly worn down, guess I could just switch the cpp circle pad with it but its still offers very little grip
I really dont want to spend $12 to buy rubber grip caps that "might" work, but most buyers just say they slide right off after a while
I saw some non original ones that were all plastic (no rubber) and they do say it has a textured surface
http://www.amazon.com/ValueDeluxe-Nintendo-Cleaning-replacement-packaging-DS/dp/B00KCH4G56/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1424896064&sr=8-10&keywords=circle pad

As a guy who gets sweaty hands, I can completely understand. I tried a few circle pad covers, but none of them seemed to stay on very well. They also prevent you from being able to close the console completely, which is annoying and bad for the hinge. I'd say just glue a piece of sandpaper to it or something if the slipperyness bothers you that much.

You may want to also consider swapping the circle pad mechanism in your XL with the one from the CPP if it's getting old. I ended up doing this after my XL's pad started to malfunction. (Thanks Smash Bros!)

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.amazon.com/ValueDeluxe-N...F8&qid=1424896064&sr=8-10&keywords=circle+pad

did you see the circle pad covers, maybe that would work for you.

http://www.amazon.com/Circle-Pad-Co..._sim_vg_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0M2RHSK4Z0R20504QFRK

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse