Best 3DS Battery Solution?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Orel1996, Jul 16, 2012.

Jul 16, 2012

Best 3DS Battery Solution? by Orel1996 at 9:01 PM (3,161 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Orel1996
    OP

Newcomer Orel1996 Member

Israel
    Hey, I want to extend the battery of my 3DS. The maximum I want to pay is around 20 dollars, includiong shipping to Israel.
    I found the Nyko Power Pak+ which should be pretty good, but I was wondering maybe I should get a portable charging station? Like this, or this or this. I'd rather buy from eBay, if possible.
    Thanks in advance!
    Edit: How about this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-8000mAh-Rechargeable-Backup-Battery-for-3DS-Black-/120771965447?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item1c1e91f207 Do you think it's actually 8000mAH? That would be about six times the 3DS battery, that dosen't seem right :P

2. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I think that an external battery pack+universal usb cord is the best option because it's a more portable option, and plenty cheepo.
    [​IMG]

3. Orel1996
    OP

Newcomer Orel1996 Member

Israel
    What if I want to say put it in my pocket? That dosen't seem very convenient ^^"
    How much would one cost and how long will it last my 3DS?

4. PEneoark

Newcomer PEneoark Member

United States
    Get the Nyko power pak plus, but do not get the charge cradle for it. The cradle stops functioning rather quick.

5. Arnold Schwarzen

Member Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  6. flygon12345

Member flygon12345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

India
    mugen 3ds battery extender,,...the best

7. WatchGintama

Member WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  8. syfyTy

Member syfyTy PhD in Thaumaturgy

United States
    I have a good Nyko powerpak+ with working base I keep meaning to put up on the WTS forum; I don't use it because I have two Nyko power grips, one of which is always charging, so I have never been near a low battery for some time. I got those as gifts after I bought the powerpak+.

I like the powergrips because I can remove them and pocket the 3ds in fractions of a second tossing the recharger in a backpack for later. Also it gets between 2 & 3 full charges out of ithe powergrips (each) They are only designed (according to package) to charge the unit not to play directly off it constantly, but one can do that too, as the bottom finger grips attest to. The nice thing about the Nyko powergrip is you use with the provided battery still in rather than replacing the provided battery with the Nyko PP+ However, if you use it mostly at home, being able to put the PP+ on the charge cradle and charge it without thought and on the fly (mine worked perfectly) is sweet.

Maybe I'll put it up later today...

the Mugen was $99.00 USD when I checked...

Toys R Us has a recharger that has been offered since the DS Lite that uses four AA batteries (rechargable, I use) that fits nicely as it is long and narrow (width of two AA's side by side. @ 2 1/2" X 4 3/4") With a USB (one end) and multi tip other end..DSlite, DS phat, DSi, GBA ++) cord to charge almost anything you can carry. it was only $5.00 USD at the time I still have and use it for the other electronics to this day made by 'I concepts' called 'Game Fury' (sorry I am uncertain how to past pics here and far too lazy...)

9. Orel1996
    OP

Newcomer Orel1996 Member

Israel
    Thanks alot for all the comments! :)
    The mugen sounds awesome, but it's way too expensive :P

I see. Also note that I live in Israel, so I'll need the battery to get here with shipping. Any chance you could find this on eBay or a shop similliar? Thanks alot ;)

Woah, that's cheap. I don't really know how to buy from there though, is that an individual? Are these used? Will it ship to Israel?

The whole idea is not charging it alot. What I do now is pretty much charging it every time I don't use it, but that's kind of annoying. My DS Lite could go days without needing a charge, but my 3DS wouldn't survive more than a day, two max. So the idea is not really getting a charging station, more on the direction of a better battery :)
    I know the Power Pak + has double the power, but I wanted to know if I could get more.
    Also, how much weight does it add to the system? Thanks :)
    Right now looking into the 5000mAH battery :)
    Edit: Looking good to you? Same image and about price as the one on Amazon:
    http://www.ebay.com/...=item1c1b550264
    http://www.ebay.com/...=item5ae3b6f850
    http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ab128c81d
    :)

10. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    Get one of these, It's an external battery pack that doesn't require you to open up the unit.

[​IMG]

It doubles the battery life, comes in matching colors and doesn't make the 3DS "permanently" thicker.
    It clips on when needed, only downside is that you have to detach it when you want to switch games, not much of a problem since it's easy to take off.
    I just bought one on ebay for $19, just search for 3DS battery pack and I'm sure you'll find it.

11. kirbymaster101

Member kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Those are pretty bad i have one. It makes your 3ds feel too heavy and you cant swicth games with it. I say aportable power supply that supports usb. and get a usb charger thats works for a nintendo 3ds.

12. Arnold Schwarzen

Member Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    One on eBay looks the same as the one I linked. Definitely worth a shot. It'll give near the same amount of playtime as the Mugen which is 15 hours or so. The Nyko wouldn't even last as long.

13. Orel1996
    OP

Newcomer Orel1996 Member

Israel
    Thanks for the help, and I decided I probarly don't want a portable charging station, that kinda defeats my point of charging it the least as possible. I'll probarly buy the 5000mAH battery :)

14. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    Yeah i got a case that charges.
    you can change games and stuff while it on but it make the 3ds very bulky