Gaming Before/After 3DS games (development comparison)

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
AndroidDem0man said:
Arithmatics said:
I can't wait. Hopefully the titles released alongside the 3DS weren't rushed. I'd hate to see the first batch of 3DS games being so crappy
They wont be THAT crappy. Sure some games will
But for me, LoZ oot and the new paper mario 3ds will Def. keep me busy. I love paper mario.
PAPER MARIO TTYOD FTW

Ok whats LoZ oot? Legend of Zelda soot?

and TTYOD?
Totally Totally Yes Omigawsh Dick

On topic: If these games had been given a revamp. I'm totally drooling over StarFawks.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ocarina of time and the thousand years door
i haven't played the n64 zelda...for me, those 3d graphs were unacceptable
and i only playerd super paper mario so far, but damn it's one rly epic game
so yeah, i'm looking forward to them, i hope paper mario will stay with this new platformer style

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
RNorthex said:
so yeah, i'm looking forward to them, i hope paper mario will stay with this new platformer style

Oh. sorry I never knew that. yeah I've heard that paper mario is getting revived. Huzzah for classics.
biggrin.gif

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arithmatics said:
RNorthex said:

Oh. sorry I never knew that. yeah I've heard that paper mario is getting revived. Huzzah for classics.
biggrin.gif

i think only kid icarus and star fox is about to be revived
the others had support b4:)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Juanmatron

Watching the first trailer and footage from the 3DS software lineup (old and more recent comparisons), I can't really say i've noticed any graphical difference at all really. Not that it's a bad thing, the game already looked amazing with huge worlds. It didn't use quite as many of the 3DS' shader effects as other games like Resident Evil, but the game still proved itself to look up there with some great looking Gamecube or Wii games.

@anyone else

And really, Kid Icarus is really the only series that is having a true revival. It was 18 years since the last Kid Icarus game (Gameboy). And the only stirrings the series has seen in those 18 years were emulated rereleases on GBA and Wii VC. Uprising is completely new and a total revival. Starfox, though its recent history has been shaky, has received its fair share of games in the past few years. There were two Gamecube games and a DS one. So it never really died, though it is in need of a rekindling thanks to quality control issues and such. And Paper Mario of course never died. It was on N64, Gamecube, and Wii.

I'm really looking forward to Zelda OOT3D. One reason being the framerate. The original game (as fun as it was) was a muddy mess and had an extremely choppy framerate (even for an N64 game). Ran at like 20 frames per second at best. Hopefully the 3DS version will be 60. Smoother experience. Graphics are already up there with stuff Dreamcast could do (which is nice, but not as good as 3DS COULD do). They need to improve the lighting too, from screens and videos it looks too bright and that they haven't yet added dynamic lighting like the original had...

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
granville said:
Well we don't actually know anything about a new Sony "PSP2" or whatever you want to call it besides a bunch of rumors. The actual system is just a myth at this point until Sony makes an official statement. And keep in mind that everyone was basically full of shit about the 3DS' graphics before it was unveiled (Tegra rumors and IGN even spouted nonsense about the 3DS being as powerful as PS3 or 360). There's really no telling what kind of power the system will produce.

I'd find it surprising if Sony releases a new handheld system and it not be incredibly more powerful than the 3DS though. That is to say, if there is a PSP2 at all...
Developers have said they have it in their hands. We have at least proof that it exists. No specifics, though, you're right.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While i'm sure the PSP successor exists in some way, i see no proof of tech specs. As i said, IGN reported that they talked to developers who had the 3DS devkit who told the site that the 3DS was as powerful as 360 or PS3. I wouldn't always trust developers in telling us what a system can really do. Unless they're respected enough not to call bullshit on power or whatever.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
While i'm sure the PSP successor exists in some way, i see no proof of tech specs. As i said, IGN reported that they talked to developers who had the 3DS devkit who told the site that the 3DS was as powerful as 360 or PS3. I wouldn't always trust developers in telling us what a system can really do. Unless they're respected enough not to call bullshit on power or whatever.

+1 the psp"2" exists or will do
but it's still hard to believe that the 3ds is capable of handling 360 and ps3 games ported
on the other hand, i would've never guessed the next N handheld would end up having 3d....so yeah
unsure.gif

anw, starfox is "dead", at least for me
since 1-2 and the 64 for version, all of the were a failure, the gameplay and the idea was ok
but the story sucked, the graphics/presentation were awkward and apart from falco/wolf and somewhat fox, all of the characters became irritating as all hell[even rob]

so it's great to see the 64 version being remade, cuz it would've disappointed me if they remade the GC version or the adventure one

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new screenshots are night and day better than the early ones. I too am excited to see how MGS and other titles turn out, but I'm even more excited about how great 2nd and 3rd generation titles will be. As for the comments about the PSP2, here's my two cents.

I have a feeling that my experience with my PSP and DS(Phat) will carry over the same comparisons with the PSP2 and the 3DS:

I bought both systems at their respective launches, and was more impressed with the PSP in the beginning. After a while though, I realized that the PSP offered a console experience, and since I played my PSP at home, I'd rather just play a console. My DS however, was offering experiences that I could only get on the DS, and it held my interest. Like every Nintendo handheld before, there was always competition with better graphics, but Nintendo still came out on top.

The DS started off with a very weak launch lineup, and took way too long to gain momentum. Now the 3DS has perhaps the best game announcements of any new system, and will probably have a solid launch lineup. For me, I never dust off my PSP, as there's nothing to make me want to. I play my DS Lite almost every day, because it simply entertains me more.

I'm guessing that Sony will go with a more powerful approach, but that hasn't proven to be successful in the past, or enough to surpass the competition. If the 3DS costs upwards of $250 to $300, I don't even want to know how much the PSP2 will cost. As with every system (I end up buying them all), I'm excited about the PSP2 as well. I can say that I'm confident the 3DS will satisfy me in every way, and I'll be an owner at launch.

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
I'm really looking forward to Zelda OOT3D. One reason being the framerate. The original game (as fun as it was) was a muddy mess and had an extremely choppy framerate (even for an N64 game). Ran at like 20 frames per second at best. Hopefully the 3DS version will be 60. Smoother experience. Graphics are already up there with stuff Dreamcast could do (which is nice, but not as good as 3DS COULD do). They need to improve the lighting too, from screens and videos it looks too bright and that they haven't yet added dynamic lighting like the original had...
lets bring that down to 30
tongue.gif
Zelda doesn't need 60 IMO. but yeah everything seemed as if it had a self-illum shader applied.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RNorthex said:
granville said:

but it's still hard to believe that the 3ds is capable of handling 360 and ps3 games ported
on the other hand, i would've never guessed the next N handheld would end up having 3d....so yeah
unsure.gif

since 1-2 and the 64 for version, all of the were a failure, the gameplay and the idea was ok
but the story sucked, the graphics/presentation were awkward and apart from falco/wolf and somewhat fox, all of the characters became irritating as all hell[even rob]

so it's great to see the 64 version being remade, cuz it would've disappointed me if they remade the GC version or the adventure one

The original PSP was able to get "ports" of console games, they just really lowered the graphics.

Star Fox 2 was never released officially. I always thought Star Fox 64 was not that good. To me, Star Fox SNES was probably the best of the series. And I definitely agree with the GC games, although I didn't really care for the storylines across Star Fox anyway (it was never really a game designed to have deep storytelling). Star Fox Adventures was just terribly boring and I'd much rather just play a Zelda game and Star Fox Assault wasn't half bad (I liked the multiplayer at least).

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
RNorthex said:
granville said:

unsure.gif

The original PSP was able to get "ports" of console games, they just really lowered the graphics.

Star Fox 2 was never released officially. I always thought Star Fox 64 was not that good. To me, Star Fox SNES was probably the best of the series. And I definitely agree with the GC games, although I didn't really care for the storylines across Star Fox anyway (it was never really a game designed to have deep storytelling). Star Fox Adventures was just terribly boring and I'd much rather just play a Zelda game and Star Fox Assault wasn't half bad (I liked the multiplayer at least).

assault is an entirely different story
if a starfox fan played the first level, it's like heavens
and the idea to include using vehicles on ground and being able to get on foot and shoot bad guys was an excellen idea
just it turned out really bad, that's why it was extremely disappointing
i hope nintendo takes up that idea and the next time make a new starfox game, that becomes the next classic

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
At this stage we really can't judge games purely by graphical comparison because all of this are still in early development.Even the team that makes the street fighter just "started" developing the game after they have finished making SSFIV Arcade Edition which was IIRC last December.So probably we can see further improvements on the game since the focus of the team is mainly on the 3DS version.

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
Well we don't actually know anything about a new Sony "PSP2" or whatever you want to call it besides a bunch of rumors. The actual system is just a myth at this point until Sony makes an official statement. And keep in mind that everyone was basically full of shit about the 3DS' graphics before it was unveiled (Tegra rumors and IGN even spouted nonsense about the 3DS being as powerful as PS3 or 360). There's really no telling what kind of power the system will produce.

I'd find it surprising if Sony releases a new handheld system and it not be incredibly more powerful than the 3DS though. That is to say, if there is a PSP2 at all...

There's a PS Phone coming out in 2011, it's the next generation of the PS handheld series.

The PlayStation Phone

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iSneeze said:
granville said:

There's a PS Phone coming out in 2011, it's the next generation of the PS handheld series.

The PlayStation Phone
Pretty sure that not the next handheld, it still going be a psp2/ps2p.
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-