Hacking Be careful buying/selling over paypal!

Zarxrax

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to share an experience that just happened to me. I've been aware that in the past, paypal has shut down their accounts with shops that sell flash carts. I had been under the impression that Nintendo probably tells them about these shops, and then they go from there.

But apparently it goes much deeper than that. They are apparently running automated searches over all transactions looking for any keywords, and then banning accounts just based on that. Doesn't matter if you run a store or if its your personal account.

I simply sold a DSTWO to someone, and when he sent me the money, he just mentioned in the subject line that it was for the DSTWO. Very next day I had an email in my inbox telling me that my paypal account of 15 years has been permanently limited and I can no longer send or receive money.

If you do any transaction over paypal involving a flash cart MAKE SURE you don't mention it in the subject or comments of the paypal transaction!
I thought its interesting that in ShopTemp, people can buy and sell their own products, and it specifically recommends paypal. Not a good idea I think :P

I would suggest that anyone dealing with these items might use a better payment service, like dwolla or square cash. They don't rip you off with huge fees like paypal, either.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am the moron who wrote "Thanks for the DSTWO" in the subject line. I had no idea that paypal would scan memos for things like that... I suggest one of the two money services above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.