Gaming BBC iPlayer Channel for Wii (UK)

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The reason all the content is locked to the UK is because all households in the UK that own a tv have to pay £140 a year to fund the bbc. (That's even before paying for cable or sattelite) So if all that money was then used to fund overseas broadcasting people wouldn't be too happy.

And to Iain I didn't want the hassle of updating to 4.2 either, so I used NUSD to download the new shop channel to a wad and then used that to download the iplayer channel.

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
It's a great channel, very well designed and video is not too bad, perfectly watchable. BUT audio is f*cking horrible, the amount of digital noise is unbelievable, although it does vary from show to show I noticed.

Still, overall it's very nice to watch BBC shows on my wii instead of my pc, it's much more accessible now.

I would give it a 8/10

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
hughjass said:
It's a great channel, very well designed and video is not too bad, perfectly watchable. BUT audio is f*cking horrible, the amount of digital noise is unbelievable, although it does vary from show to show I noticed.

Still, overall it's very nice to watch BBC shows on my wii instead of my pc, it's much more accessible now.

I would give it a 8/10

I don't experience any these sound 'issues' you describe. Consistently top quality for me. I'd give it 10/10

Nice to see the UK getting something first for a change.

@ ChrisRX, there is a wad available on mediafire. Why go the long way round?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I think we need some wad haxx... if its possible to defeat the IP check...

I was playing around with the wad and in the 0000000b.app there is a file named LZ77_h264rso.rso...
something to do with H264 codec??

also, in 00000002.app there is GTEGI.cer, something related to CyberTrust Solutions??

in same .app, startup.swf. Played in opera browser it shows the same error as on wii LOL (error 375003, return to wii menu)

mehhh i dont care too much but ive already installed the channel and the banner looks nice lol...

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Iain12 said:
I'm in the UK, but I don't want to update my Wii to 4.2, as I'd lose out on Homebrew.

Any chance of a WAD of this or something?

I had same prob,

I used wiiscu http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=186837&hl= and installed the channel this way! (on a modded wii of course.

BBC Iplayer working ok for me after installing shop channel through WiiSCU. I'm also on 4.1E
smile.gif

shedseven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Is there a way of seeing this from overseas? As an ex-pat I paid the £140 for the licence for over 10 years and yes you poor buggers are still paying for it but do you think there is a way around it? There are lots of iPlayer web versions that work as iPlayer but remove the annoying UK region checks. Maybe some clever soul will maybe work it out. Until then I will keep googling.

Trust me the grass ain't greener in terms of TV (everything else is though..
smile.gif

I had installed the app and it looks great, I wanted to put a listen again (moyles) on but... alas... it spots my region.... hmmm maybe I need to use identity checker or something like that but would prefer some of the smart arses in the community to come up with a solution for my lazy backside
smile.gif

For those struggling, I was having issues with Wad installs etc, then I pimped my Wii with 1.3.1 and this updated my shopping channel and all is well in the world (cept iPlayer which is why I wanted the shopping channel in the first place
mad.gif

All the best

Shedders

jono400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay guys been rading this thread with interest as I too wish to d/load BBC iplayer from the wii shop channel, running a softmodded wii on 4.1e, just added the wii shop channel last night via NUSD but still a bit wary off d/loading bbciplayer from the shop channel incase I suddenly find my wii has updated to 4.2, will it ??

also wish to d/load the internet channel but again bit wary on installing from the wii shop incase it updates to 4.2.
if anyone could advise regards the bbciplayer on 4.1e then that would be great.

jono400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay just went ahead and added the internet channel and also bbciplayer both installed without asking me to update to 4.2 so thats fine !!!

must admitt as others have already said the performance off bbciplayer really is superb just need ITV do add the same to the wii now !!! anyone think they ever will ??

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shedseven said:
Hi all,

Is there a way of seeing this from overseas? As an ex-pat I paid the £140 for the licence for over 10 years and yes you poor buggers are still paying for it but do you think there is a way around it?

I hope not

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P